News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

Quote from: SoulHunt on July 23, 2008, 07:34:59 AM
Isn't there a way to get an extra button on it? Now the portal works but there is noway to get to the forum. Only when you view a topic.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Package only makes edits for the SMF Core Default theme. If you are using a different theme, you should add the button manually from index.template.php file of your theme.

You can see this links for help about that: How do you add custom tabs to the Core (default) theme menu?.

Let's make sure that this posts doesn't get lost:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg1626093#msg1626093

By the way, new update is available. See the first message for detailed information:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.0
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

SoulHunt

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 23, 2008, 07:37:55 AM
Package only makes edits for the SMF Core Default theme. If you are using a different theme, you should add the button manually from index.template.php file of your theme.

You can see this links for help about that: How do you add custom tabs to the Core (default) theme menu?.

Already did that, with FF it works, with IE it doesn't :-/.
The problem i'm still struggeling with is the $txt [xxx] vendor..

kandalf

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 23, 2008, 04:13:56 AM
mymktp1 and kandalf:

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the error you are getting, tried a lot but everything is working as they should. But anyway, I made some changes about that part, which -I hope- solves your problem too. Try updating the mod. If the problem continues, I'd be glad if both of you could give an account having the SP Moderate permission.

I think that I already know how to solve my problem.
For me the problem is in database. I go to db "sp_articles" -> "ID_MESSAGE" and change the type to mediumint(4) and now I already can add articles.

Initially could only add the first 127 messages, but now I can add more.

I don't understand anything of databases I don't know if this is the best solution. I want to know your opinion

doughty

Hello,

I am having some issues with the admin panel of the simpleportal

I have a completely fresh install of SMF 1.1.5, nothing else, no themes, no other mods
latest version of simpleportal 2.0.1

when I am in the simpleportal admin panel, under catogory list
/index.php?action=spadmin;sa=categorylist

when I try and 'modify' or 'delete' a new single catagory (using the following link)
/index.php?action=spadmin;sa=categoryedit;id=1;sesc=4267e344298bd482bcf74ab83c250d3e
or
/index.php?action=spadmin;sa=categorydelete;id=1;sesc=4267e344298bd482bcf74ab83c250d3e

I get the following error in IE

The resource cannot be displayed
The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Back button to try another link.
Click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable
Internet Explorer 

I also get the same error when trying to move or delete blocks....

can anyone help??

[SiNaN]

SoulHunt:

Can you attach your index.template.php file here?

kandalf:

You're right, I've missed that. Run this query from PhpMyAdmin and you will have no problems:

ALTER TABLE smf_sp_articles CHANGE ID_MESSAGE ID_MESSAGE INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL

Tomorrow will release an update.

doughty

Is it only in IE? What is the version?

SoulHunt

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 23, 2008, 09:08:53 AM
SoulHunt:

Can you attach your index.template.php file here?
[

Will check something out, seems like I did something wrong.
Let you know if the problem is solved :)

[SiNaN]

SoulHunt:

Okay, waiting.

doughty:

Please give us as much as information you can. I want to fix it in the tomorrow update if it is a bug.

ruckstande

Hey SiNaN, I couldn't find the RSS stuff you were talking about. Should I just uninstall and reinstall the feed? Will that fix it?

doughty

thanks for the quick reply,

I also get an error in Mozilla

if you would like I can pm you with the web address and my admin username and password since its just a 'test' site I just setup

let me know

[SiNaN]

ruckstande:

Tomorrow...

doughty:

Please.

ruckstande

doughty

[SiNaN] - it appears to be a host 'block' with something to do with mod_security setting needing to be turned off.

I did a bit of a google on 406 error and it comes up with people having this problem with many different forum softwares.

I also setup my own local http/mysql server and installed and it all works fine on that.

so basically, I don't think its a simpleportal bug, it seems that the php 'string' uses something that some hosts block as spam due to the mod_security setting....

is there anything that can be changed in simpleportal to 'fix' this or is it a case of getting onto my host to disable mod_security ?

[SiNaN]

Okay, happy that its not a bug in SP. :)

Try this for the mod_security issue;

Add this to your .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
   # Turn off mod_security filtering.  SMF is a big boy, it doesn't need its hands held.
   SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
   SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

BOS4O

how to update 2.0 to 2.1 without uninstalling the 2.0 ?

[SiNaN]

Upload the new package, when you enter to the package list, you will see [Upgrade] instead of [Install]. Click to the [Upgrade] and it will do the rest for you.

doughty

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 23, 2008, 12:08:26 PM
Okay, happy that its not a bug in SP. :)

Try this for the mod_security issue;

Add this to your .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
   # Turn off mod_security filtering.  SMF is a big boy, it doesn't need its hands held.
   SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
   SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

I am not sure that it is related to mod_security now...

I have searched for mod_security in my phpinfo output and its not there.

I have also tried the suggested .htaccess changes and they don't work either.

if you do have time, I have brought it back up and the address/username/password are the same as my previous pm...

thanks if you are able to help out

SoulHunt

got it working [SiNaN] :). Had some problems in the index.template, and didn't edit the index.english file. :)

ruckstande

Ugh. I just upgraded to 2.0.1 and now I'm getting this when I go to the SPortal Admin.

Table 'PestBoxLive.themes' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/r/u/c/ruckstande/html/pbl2/Sources/SPortalAdmin.php
Line: 144

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.5, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

[SiNaN]

doughty:

I really do not have any idea. Sorry.

SoulHunt:

Glad you get it working.

ruckstande:

Forgot that change in the upgrade. Will add to the update tomorrow.

For now do this:

SPortalAdmin.php

Find:

global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc, $sourcedir

Replace:

global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc, $sourcedir, $db_prefix

Advertisement: