News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Night Owl

Running SMF 2.0.1

[SiNaN]

Name of the theme you are using?

Attach your style.css and ../Themes/your_theme/css/index.css if you have.

Found it.

../Themes/Sylphs2/css/index.css.

Find:

#footerarea ul li.copywrite
{
display: block;
line-height: 0;

Replace:

#footerarea ul li.copywrite
{
display: block;
line-height: 1;

Note for SMF 2.x users: When installing, check the "Install to other themes" option as this version has a few template edits within.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Lady Night Owl

Oh lol, okay, I'll do that.

Yes, that works better. :) Thank you.
Running SMF 2.0.1

[SiNaN]

After two hours we had to replace the package because a typo. Please download the current package and re-install the mod. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lady Night Owl

Oh boy, I'm getting this error now. This was before and after the replacement mentioned in the previous post.

2: unlink(/Themes/default/SPortalBlocks1-1.template.php) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory
File: /Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1367

When the portal is enabled (with no blocks), there is nothing - no forum.

When blocks are added, they display, but the forum does not.
Running SMF 2.0.1

The Saviour

Original Classic version 2.05 installed with no issues...however, the uninstall process fails (probably due to additional mods installed).

What's the procedure for uninstall when this happens?  I'd like to upgrade as soon as possible.

During the uninstall process the following returned "Test Failed" errors:  Subs.php and index.template.php

Thank you...

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

The Saviour

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

The Saviour

jayman2

Hi,
I hope this is the right place for this post.

I wanted to upgrade my Simpleportal to version 2.1.  According to the instructions, you have to uninstall v2.0.5 first.  When I went to uninstall, I got an error message but went on and unistalled it anyway.

Then I started getting error messages about index.php.  I looked at the line that was creating the error and it was referencing sportal.  So I deleted that line.  After this I was able to bring up my forum and go in and install simpleportal 2.1 without any errors.  When I'm on as Admin, everything works great.  I can access my forum, Calendar and gallery just fine in my Custom template.  BUT, when I log in as a test user, simple portal comes up just fine in my Custom template, but every link I click on takes me to the smf default view.  When I click on Home, I'm taken back to my Custom theme again.

Does anyone know what's causing this? 

AlenNS

You should manualy modify files that have errors on uninstalling.
I hope you have backup.
If you have, put back backup and then uninstall SP 2.0.5 and before you click on uninstall you should open all the files that contain errors on uninstall and modify them from the popup windows instructions.
Then you click uninstall and that's it.

jayman2

Quote from: AlenNS on November 27, 2008, 02:18:40 PM
I hope you have backup.
If you have, put back backup and then uninstall SP 2.0.5 and before you click on uninstall you should open all the files that contain errors on uninstall and modify them from the popup windows instructions.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm going to try that.

jayman2

Quote from: jayman2 on November 27, 2008, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: AlenNS on November 27, 2008, 02:18:40 PM
I hope you have backup.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm going to try that.
I got lucky!  What I did was since I was going to put up my backup anyway, I first uninstalled sp 2.1.  I didn't recieve any errors, so something told me to try and reinstall it again.  So that's what I did, with no errors.  Then I logged out as admin and in as a test user.  And sure enough, everything works perfectly.  I can now go to calendar, forum, gallery, or anywhere and stay on my custom template. 

The next time I get an error message, I'll do as you suggested.

Thanks again for your help.

princehull

Hello
I was wondering if there is a way so the blocks show up on all pages within the forum and not just on the home page.
Thanks for your help!
Prince

AlenNS

@jayman2 No problem. :)

@princehull Go to SP Admin page and when you're adding a new block there is additional option that asks you where do you want to show your blocks.

That's ofcourse 2.1 feature. :)

princehull

AlenRS, thanks.  I guess I will have to install 2.1.............

AlenNS

Quote from: princehull on November 27, 2008, 07:43:26 PM
AlenRS, thanks.  I guess I will have to install 2.1.............
AlenNS ;)
No problem :)

[SiNaN]

The quick fix patch, SimplePortal 2.1.1 is relased. It includes the upgrade feature only from SimplePortal 2.1 version. Check the relase topic for details:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=1034.0;view=article

psynx

hello,

i have few concerns. i hope someone will help me out.

how do i change the color boarder of the block? i want it to make the same color with my theme so it would look like there is no block separation. thank you.

Advertisement: