News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

That sounds like a general package manager issue to me. Have you tried installing another mod? Is this problem only appears with SimplePortal?
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Kasyx

I can't check because every mod I have tried to install since SimplePortal has thrown errors at me. I think it would be best if I just do a full reinstall of the SMF software and start again. Is there a way to reimport a database backed up from the Admin console through the admin console? Or do I have to do it via phpmyadmin?

Thanks for the help.

iceman~

Quote from: Blue Dream on February 17, 2009, 08:46:47 AM
Well, I've never heard/seen such an issue yet. What was the error and did it disappear when you uninstalled the mod?

There was no error mate ... Simple portal worked perfect ( like usual )
Just could not login or logout using the welcome screen ( default ) section ...
Yes after i uninstaled it ... the login issue is sorted ..
A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Kasyx on February 17, 2009, 09:01:45 AM
I can't check because every mod I have tried to install since SimplePortal has thrown errors at me. I think it would be best if I just do a full reinstall of the SMF software and start again. Is there a way to reimport a database backed up from the Admin console through the admin console? Or do I have to do it via phpmyadmin?

Thanks for the help.

Errors like what?

You have to do it with phpMyAdmin.

Quote from: iceman~ on February 17, 2009, 09:12:17 AM
Quote from: Blue Dream on February 17, 2009, 08:46:47 AM
Well, I've never heard/seen such an issue yet. What was the error and did it disappear when you uninstalled the mod?

There was no error mate ... Simple portal worked perfect ( like usual )
Just could not login or logout using the welcome screen ( default ) section ...
Yes after i uninstaled it ... the login issue is sorted ..

Well, what I want to know is, what is the issue? I mean a blank page, an error or whatever happens when you do the login/logout?

You know, you have to mention all details possible. We already are far away from your system and it becomes more difficult to identify the issue and provide a solution, when we are not provided enough information about the problem. :)

Dariano

Hello

I have some trouble installing this mod. After installing and applying this mod, when it says it's leading me to the settings page, it says an error has occurred. What should I do? I'm using 1.1.5 and the Blue Ace theme if it helps. This mod will be really useful. Thanks in advance.

Peace out
Dariano

[SiNaN]

I can't say it works without errors on 1.1.5. But do you see anything else on the page other than "an error has occurred"?

You really should consider upgrading to SMF version 1.1.8 as some critical security issues were addressed until. You can update easily by following the instructions in Admin CP. You can look for support in Install and Upgrade Help board if you will experience any issues during upgrade.

Kasyx

Well... I just did a full reinstall of SMF2.0RC1 and installed Simple Portal 2.1.1 as my first mod, and have the exact same problem. I installed it through the package manager, it told me it was installed successfully and yet there is nothing in the Admin console vaguely related to Simple Portal. What is going on here? What should there be in the admin console, because I see nothing out of the ordinary...

Kasyx

I have now attempted to install Simple Portal 2.1.1 on a completely fresh install of SMF2.0RC1, and have the exact same problem. It just doesn't seem to want to install via the package manager.

I am completely at a loss here...

flamechica

Hello,

I have SMF 1.1.8 and am using SimplePortal 2.1.1 

Anyways, I placed the "Who's Online" block on my forum and in firefox it says "Dot" before each line of text (i.e. before "Online Guests," "Online Users," etc. If I am not mistaken there should be a bullet point there, not the word "Dot." in IE it has the little box with the red "X' that is displayed when a picture cannot be displayed.

How do I go about fixing this or is this a bug?

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Kasyx on February 17, 2009, 12:43:34 PM
I have now attempted to install Simple Portal 2.1.1 on a completely fresh install of SMF2.0RC1, and have the exact same problem. It just doesn't seem to want to install via the package manager.

I am completely at a loss here...

You still didn't tell what error you get exactly when you try installing a mod other than SimplePortal.

Quote from: flamechica on February 19, 2009, 05:44:34 AM
Hello,

Anyways, I placed the "Who's Online" block on my forum and in firefox it says "Dot" before each line of text (i.e. before "Online Guests," "Online Users," etc. If I am not mistaken there should be a bullet point there, not the word "Dot." in IE it has the little box with the red "X' that is displayed when a picture cannot be displayed.

Extract the SimplePortal 2.1.1 package you downloaded. Copy dot.gif and arrow.gif images to ../Themes/your_custom_theme/images directory. It is because package manager only makes changes for the default theme.

shadownexusruler

the error i get when installing simple portal on smf 2.0rc1 has to do with the dropdown.css

[SiNaN]

Ignore the error and install the mod, if it is only dropdown.css. It fixed a bug in SMF default theme, but it have been fixed with SMF 2.0 RC1. The rest should be fine.

flamechica

Quote from: Blue Dream on February 19, 2009, 06:15:27 AM
Quote from: flamechica on February 19, 2009, 05:44:34 AM
Hello,

Extract the SimplePortal 2.1.1 package you downloaded. Copy dot.gif and arrow.gif images to ../Themes/your_custom_theme/images directory. It is because package manager only makes changes for the default theme.

Thanks! I usually don't have to tweak things like this since I use default variations. Thanks for your help.

AlenNS

Quote16.     Izvrši modifikaciju     ./Themes/default/css/dropmenu.css     Test nije uspeo
      1.    Zameni    ./Themes/default/css/dropmenu.css            Test nije uspeo

I have SMF 2.0 RC1 fresh install and this is error on installation.

There isn't part of the code from installation package in dropmenu.css.

Quoteul.admin_menu { display: table-cell; background: url(../images/admintab_right.gif) top right no-repeat; width: 34em; } 

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Blue Dream on February 19, 2009, 10:20:57 AM
Ignore the error and install the mod, if it is only dropdown.css. It fixed a bug in SMF default theme, but it have been fixed with SMF 2.0 RC1. The rest should be fine.

We will get rid of that edit with 2.2 version which will be released very soon.

AlenNS

Blue Dream Can you see my problem, is it possible that there isn't that part of code?

[SiNaN]

Did you read the post above yours carefully, including the quoted text?

AlenNS

I am really sorry. That was stupid.
I didn't sleap last night. :S
Sorry againg... And tnx.

AlenNS

After I've clicked install, I've got this:

QuoteGreška u bazi podataka                                     Table 'baklja_smf1.sp_articles' doesn't exist
Datoteka: /home/baklja/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/install2.php
Linija: 50

Napomena: Izgleda da vaša baza podataka zahteva ažuriranje. Datoteke vašeg foruma su trenutno na verziji SMF 2.0 RC1 dok je vaša baza podataka verzije SMF 2.0 Beta 4. Preporučujemo da izvršite poslednju verziju datoteke upgrade.php.
Database error,
I upgrade my forum to RC1 and now it asks to upgrade database from Beta 4. :S

[SiNaN]

No problems. Answer to your new problem is here:

Quote from: Blue Dream on February 17, 2009, 06:38:40 AM
Download the package.
Extract it.
Open install2.php with Notepad.
Make this edit:

Find:

'update_remove'

Replace:

'ignore'

Make sure you replace all instances, there are more than one.

Save the file and pack it up as .zip.
Use that package.

It is due to a bug in SMF 2.0 RC1. Will be fixed in the next version of SimplePortal.

Advertisement: