News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

Well, all you have to do is uninstall 2.1.1 completely, download a new 2.2 package and install it. The replaced package should have solved your issue.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Tiribulus

Quote from: Blue Dream on April 02, 2009, 11:33:57 AM
Well, all you have to do is uninstall 2.1.1 completely, download a new 2.2 package and install it. The replaced package should have solved your issue.

I ran it again after uninstalling 2.1.1 with no issues and it again gave this error after clicking the install button

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com:8080/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=SimplePortal_2.2.zip
Database Error: Unknown column 'sp_smfGallery' in 'where clause'
File: /srv/www/htdocs/Packages/temp/install1-1.php
Line: 566

I have no SP admin option in the CP and it appears SP is not installed at all. This is SMF 1.1.8 btw. Is it possible an edit I did a while back makng the gallery button in the nav bar go to media gallery could be causing this?

[SiNaN]

No, you just still have the old package on your server. Do this and you should be fine:

1) Go to mod page and download SimplePortal_2.2.zip
2) Admin CP >> Packages >> Browse Packages
3) Delete SimplePortal 2.2.
4) Admin CP >> Packages >> Download Packages
5) Upload the package you just downloaded from mod site.
6) Install it.

Everything should be fine then. If you still get error after these, you can pm me an admin account to check it if you want to.

Tiribulus

Quote from: Blue Dream on April 02, 2009, 11:46:34 AM
No, you just still have the old package on your server. Do this and you should be fine:

1) Go to mod page and download SimplePortal_2.2.zip
2) Admin CP >> Packages >> Browse Packages
3) Delete SimplePortal 2.2.
4) Admin CP >> Packages >> Download Packages
5) Upload the package you just downloaded from mod site.
6) Install it.

Everything should be fine then. If you still get error after these, you can pm me an admin account to check it if you want to.

I will do so sir. Thanks. I'll let ya know.

EDIT: Sorry, for step 2 are you saying to just delete it or uninstall it first?

[SiNaN]

Tiribulus

Turns out I had 2 copies of the 2.2 package in the folder. Thanks to Blue Dream for the help. All is well now. I did have to do some quick edits to recover the forum button in the top nav bar and change the margin back to auto for it to align to center, but no big deal at all. Looks good. When I get a chance I'll dig around in the settings.

fext

Quick couple of questions on the new upgrade (Awesome BTW!)

• How would I change my index.template for my custom theme as it uses tableless/pure css design e.g. <li> instead of <td>

// Show the [home] button.
echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt[103] , '</a></li>';

//the [forum] button
        if(!empty($context['portalactive']))
echo ($current_action=='forum' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '' : '' , '
<li class="' , $current_action == 'forum' ? 'current' : '' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">' , $txt['sp-forum'] , '</a></li>';

How would I adapt the above - I have altered all the other bits as per the manual install instructions?

• When viewing my forum index it does not display 'Forum > Area > Area' in the breadcrumb trail - how would I change this - is this a custom theme issue? It used to say 'Forum > Area > Area before?' - view this link to see what I mean:
    http://consoleninjas.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=forum

Will fixing the index.template file fix both issues?

I have attached my index.template.php file

Ncen

What is it that makes it remember which blocks has been closed/open? I'm curious because for one of my themes i want to code in a block manually. :) Or is this a secret? ^^

Thanks.

By the way; of course i'll also be using the mod. :)

Filipina

Looks great thanks for the update!  Two question I cannot figure out. 

1) My who is online block now displays users online today too, causing this scrolling thing. How can I just show users online now like before and remove the users online today part? 

2) I added the latest members block with avatars but the avatars are not being displayed. Could this have anything to do with me moving the avatars out of the attachment directory?

Thanks for any assistance :)

[SiNaN]

Youngiiie:

You got the answer on simpleportal.net.

Innocenzia:

JavaScript is in the header, sp_collapseBlock() function. It is added with sportal_init() function SPortal(1-1|2).php file.

Filipina:

1) There is an option to remove UOT mod support with a single line edit in SPortal(1-1|2).php file.

Find:

//return;

Replace:

return;

3) It no longer displays avatar. Description for that block is wrong actually. We may include this in later versions though.

Filipina

ok thanks Blue Dream I have made the edit and understand the second part about the avatars :)

1) I changed that code in the SPortal1-1.php file which got me down to one scroll bar instead of two.  I remember the box use to just expand long enough to show the number of users currently online v/s having a scroll bar. Another edit to SPortal1-1.php?   

2) ok I got some strange blank space on right side. The portal is enabled as the front page of my forum.  I have not altered this setting. However, now when I go inside threads they are pushed to the left and the right has empty space. This is only happening in the threads.  In case it matters the "Display Blocks in Forum" settings is not checked just like the previous version.

It goes away when I disable the portal. I tried enabling the portal but disabling all the blocks but the problem continues. The space is sometimes smaller or larger depending on the thread I am in but always on the right.

Edit ok this is so weird now I have no clue. If I am signed in as ADMIN I see the big open space on right which causing everything pushed to the left. If I am signed in as Global Mod there are no problems. Also, some people with IE are reporting seeing this problem while others do not.  :-\ 

PRaDiUS

Where do I get the SimplePortal block for SMF Media Gallery?

[ RGXbox.com ]

Tiribulus

Quote from: PRaDiUS on April 04, 2009, 02:31:14 PM
Where do I get the SimplePortal block for SMF Media Gallery?

I don't remember exactly how I did it at the moment, but I used the regular gallery block and add an "m" to a couple places. might've been just one, and it works fine. I'll see if I can dig it up if nobody else answers before then.

Don't know if this exactly what you're asking about and I am no expert, but this got my galley block pointing at media gallery.

QuoteOn line 1773 of sportal1-1.php added the  m to this

<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=mgallery

piece and that block at least now does what I want.

candidosa2

Blinker

Hi guys, I really need some help here.

I uninstalled 2.1.1, that went fine and I was ready to install 2.2. I uploaded the package and got no "Test Failed" errors prior to applying the mod.

After I clicked apply mod and waited about 10 secs (the usual) I got this error:

Database Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(4) NOT NULL default ''' at line 2
File: /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxx/html/forum/Packages/temp/install1-1.php
Line: 852

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.8, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I clicked the 'back' link at the end of the error and checked my ftp. All the files are there and a random sampling of a couple of files (index.php & boardindex.php) shows the code has been inserted. My guess is whatever changes it makes to the DB have not been applied.

I tried a second time and got the same error. I have now deleted the package and rolled back to the backup created by the forum at the start of the install.

Any ideas?

Smoky "Rider" Blue

blinker, you will need to go into your myphpadmin and export the sp tables, then install the mod, drop the table sit installed and then readd yours..

it will work again and you keep your same info  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Blinker

Hi SmokyBlue, thanks for the speedy reply.

I need to clarify a few things:

1. "export the sp tables" - do you mean export the 3 tables currently there from 2.1.1 (smf_sp_articles, smf_sp_blocks, smf_sp_categories)? If so, export them as sql to my PC?

2. "then install the mod" - won't it give me the same DB error? I don't see how I can drop the table it installs if the install doesn't even get far enough for it to create those tables.

3 "readd yours" - do you mean import them?

I have a fair bit of experience with mods and editing php files but very little with my DB and MPA. I hate to say it but I kinda need this stuff spelt out. :)

PRaDiUS

I got it now, thanks very much for your help.

Quote from: Tiribulus on April 04, 2009, 03:10:22 PM
I don't remember exactly how I did it at the moment, but I used the regular gallery block and add an "m" to a couple places. might've been just one, and it works fine. I'll see if I can dig it up if nobody else answers before then.

Don't know if this exactly what you're asking about and I am no expert, but this got my galley block pointing at media gallery.

QuoteOn line 1773 of sportal1-1.php added the  m to this

<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=mgallery

piece and that block at least now does what I want.

[ RGXbox.com ]

learjet45

ok. I just went to upgrade and I have one issue. I get a "Test Failed" for index.php. Should I go in and make the manual change from what is added/changed to 2.1.1 to before installing 2.1.1 and then should I uninstall 2.1.1. Then should I install 2.2?

Filipina

Quote from: learjet45 on April 05, 2009, 09:56:46 AM
ok. I just went to upgrade and I have one issue. I get a "Test Failed" for index.php. Should I go in and make the manual change from what is added/changed to 2.1.1 to before installing 2.1.1 and then should I uninstall 2.1.1. Then should I install 2.2?

Are you talking about the index.template.php file?

Advertisement: