News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiribulus

Quote from: kitekid on May 09, 2009, 11:45:41 AM
Upgraded from 2.1.1 with out a hitch.
Thanks guys.  Works great!

Same here.

Tiribulus

I spoke too soon. Could very well be something on my end, but my quick check earlier didn't reveal that on all OSes and browsers I now get this after the 2.2.1 install:

I restored a backup from yesterday and all went back to normal. Reinstalled 2.2.1 and it's back like the above screener. Installs fine, no errors in the log. If one of the SP folks has any idea why I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks.

Blinker

I never managed to sort out my database install issue from back when you first released 2.2 so I just left it. We've all missed our portal!

Anyways, tried 2.2.1 today and it installed without a hitch! Awesome work and thank you for fixing whatever little something (pretty sure it was sql related) was stopping it creating the tables in the DB.

Quick question: My board has no guest access and previously when you navigate to my forum's URL (http://myforum.org/forum/index.php) it would land on the Home button and show the warning saying you have to be a registered member, then it would have the login section below that.

Now, the Home and Forum buttons show and the http://myforum.org/forum/index.php link takes you to a blank section with just the forum name displayed the way it does on the linktree when you're logged in.

You need to click on either the Forum or Login buttons to get the main login box.

How can I get it to default back to the Forum or Login page?

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Filipina on May 09, 2009, 01:47:12 PM
great upgraded without a hitch.. awesome... ok this is where i ask the dumb question

7. SimplePortal 2.2.1   
8. SimplePortal 2.2 
16. SimplePortal 2.1.1 

Can I safely delete 2.1.1 only, or can I delete 2.2 off my package manager too :)   Something tells me I should leave 2.2 in place

Just leave 2.2.1 and you can delete all others.

Quote from: Tiribulus on May 09, 2009, 09:22:17 PM
I spoke too soon. Could very well be something on my end, but my quick check earlier didn't reveal that on all OSes and browsers I now get this after the 2.2.1 install:

I restored a backup from yesterday and all went back to normal. Reinstalled 2.2.1 and it's back like the above screener. Installs fine, no errors in the log. If one of the SP folks has any idea why I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks.

Probably the new property (table-layout: fixed;) in portal.css file caused this issue. It was added to some bugs about the main table for SMF 2.0. It should have been okay with SMF 1.1.8, however, I guess it caused issue because of the numerous HTML errors in your theme. If you are happy with how 2.2 looks, just remove this line from Themes/default/portal.css:

table-layout: fixed;

Quote from: Blinker on May 10, 2009, 03:02:10 AM
Quick question: My board has no guest access and previously when you navigate to my forum's URL (http://myforum.org/forum/index.php) it would land on the Home button and show the warning saying you have to be a registered member, then it would have the login section below that.

Now, the Home and Forum buttons show and the http://myforum.org/forum/index.php link takes you to a blank section with just the forum name displayed the way it does on the linktree when you're logged in.

You need to click on either the Forum or Login buttons to get the main login box.

There was a fix about this in 2.2.1 too. Any chance I see your forum, with a test account, as it is quite hard to get with words?
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I also have updated, went perfect, even though i didnt notice any bugs before lol..
nice work :)

im still have the problem here though
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2045290#msg2045290

I had uploaded dropmenu.css here, as requested, but no downloads of it . . .
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2048168#msg2048168

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

kitekid

Quote from: Blinker on May 10, 2009, 03:02:10 AM
... Quick question: My board has no guest access and previously when you navigate to my forum's URL (http://myforum.org/forum/index.php [nofollow]) it would land on the Home button and show the warning saying you have to be a registered member, then it would have the login section below that.

Now, the Home and Forum buttons show and the http://myforum.org/forum/index.php [nofollow] link takes you to a blank section with just the forum name displayed the way it does on the linktree when you're logged in.

My apologies if I misunderstood your question, but ...
Simple Portal Admin > Configuration > General Settings.  Select "Integration" for the "Portal Mode then save. 

BTW ... the url you provided appears to go to a link farm.
Steve

[SiNaN]

Quote from: johncccccc on May 10, 2009, 10:53:09 AM
I also have updated, went perfect, even though i didnt notice any bugs before lol..
nice work :)

im still have the problem here though
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2045290#msg2045290

I had uploaded dropmenu.css here, as requested, but no downloads of it . . .
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2048168#msg2048168

I do suggest that you request an update from the theme author.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Tyrsson

Quote from: johncccccc on May 05, 2009, 12:48:41 PM
everything is perfect with the mod, even using it for displaying my ads lol..

im having an issue which is caused by this mod

my admin panel and profile navigation buttons are messed up after installing the mod

here is an image

any ideas on a fix?
I will try to get with you on IM later today or tomorrow and show you how to fix that.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Neverhurry

Quote from: Blue Dream on May 09, 2009, 06:16:52 AM

neverhurry:

Download the attached file install1-1.php.
Upload it to your forum root, where index.php file is.
Run it with your browser like: http://yoursite.com/install1-1.php.
Remove the file.

Hello, I've run the install1-1.php, but i got this error, as shown in the attachment.

what's wrong?
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Tyrsson on May 10, 2009, 01:44:43 PM
Quote from: johncccccc on May 05, 2009, 12:48:41 PM
everything is perfect with the mod, even using it for displaying my ads lol..

im having an issue which is caused by this mod

my admin panel and profile navigation buttons are messed up after installing the mod

here is an image

any ideas on a fix?
I will try to get with you on IM later today or tomorrow and show you how to fix that.

Thanks Tyrsson

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Neverhurry

Hello,

i upgrade to 2.2.1 but there is still the problem, that is: the attachment image is from a certain forum where only a special group members have permission to see, but the fact is all members can see the attachment images, and when you click the image if can show if the original size of the image.
i use smf 1.1.8, simple portal 2.2.1 and Integration Mode.

and honestly i don't understand very much these:
Permission Settings:     
One Membergroup
All Membergroups
Ignore Permissions

the explanation to this is:

"This option enables permissions to be used on blocks. If the member needs to be in all of the groups allowed to see the block, one of the groups, or none of the groups (which would be ignoring permissions) it can be set here."

i tried all of them which resulted the same.

it seems to me that the permission has problems.

thank you!

Tiribulus

Quote from: Blue Dream on May 10, 2009, 06:05:55 AM
Quote from: Tiribulus on May 09, 2009, 09:22:17 PM

Thanks.

Probably the new property (table-layout: fixed;) in portal.css file caused this issue. It was added to some bugs about the main table for SMF 2.0. It should have been okay with SMF 1.1.8, however, I guess it caused issue because of the numerous HTML errors in your theme. If you are happy with how 2.2 looks, just remove this line from Themes/default/portal.css:

table-layout: fixed;

Mr. Reliable :) You are correct, that fixed it. Also, yes, my site doesn't do so hot on the validation deal, but I haven't made any effort to fix the errors because it hasn't been giving me any trouble. I should get around to doing that I suppose.
Thanks

ディン1031

@neverhurry
Is the problem solved with the title?

Quote from: neverhurry on May 10, 2009, 03:21:31 PM
Permission Settings:     
One Membergroup
All Membergroups
Ignore Permissions
I try to explain it better:
One Membergroup:
You can select multiple groups, if the user is in one of them he/she is allowed to see the block
All Membergroups:
The User must be in all groups than he/she is allowed to see the block.
Ignore Permissions:
Block will show everytime.

Hmmm the attachment permission problem, it's logical that it not work... i will post a fix for it later... the checkup if a user allowed to see this board is not done.

So neverhurry
You can use this fix on own risk, it's complete untested...

Change in SPortal1-1.php

function sp_attachmentImage($parameters, $id, $return_parameters = false)
{
global $db_prefix, $modSettings, $scripturl, $txt, $settings;

Replace:

function sp_attachmentImage($parameters, $id, $return_parameters = false)
{
global $db_prefix, $modSettings, $scripturl, $txt, $settings, $user_info;

Search for:

att.width, att.height" . (empty($modSettings['attachmentShowImages']) || empty($modSettings['attachmentThumbnails']) ? "" : ", IFNULL(thumb.ID_ATTACH, 0) AS id_thumb, thumb.width AS thumb_width, thumb.height AS thumb_height") . "
FROM {$db_prefix}attachments AS att
INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}messages AS m ON (m.ID_MSG = att.ID_MSG)
INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}topics AS t ON (t.ID_TOPIC = m.ID_TOPIC)

Replace:

att.width, att.height" . (empty($modSettings['attachmentShowImages']) || empty($modSettings['attachmentThumbnails']) ? "" : ", IFNULL(thumb.ID_ATTACH, 0) AS id_thumb, thumb.width AS thumb_width, thumb.height AS thumb_height") . "
FROM {$db_prefix}attachments AS att
INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}messages AS m ON (m.ID_MSG = att.ID_MSG)
INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}topics AS t ON (t.ID_TOPIC = m.ID_TOPIC)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.ID_BOARD = t.ID_BOARD)

Search for

WHERE att.attachmentType = 0
AND att.width != 0
$boards

Replace

WHERE att.attachmentType = 0
AND att.width != 0
AND $user_info[query_see_board]
$boards

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

Neverhurry

Quote from: ディン1031 on May 11, 2009, 06:43:14 AM
@neverhurry

no, because i got that error (shown in the attached images), i couldn't run the repairing file install1-1.php.
can you help?
thank you!

Neverhurry

Change in SPortal1-1.php

function sp_attachmentImage($parameters)
{
global $db_prefix, $modSettings, $scripturl, $txt, $settings;

Replace:

function sp_attachmentImage($parameters)
{
global $db_prefix, $modSettings, $scripturl, $txt, $settings, $user_info;

Bye
DIN1031

Hi Din,

i can not find "function sp_attachmentImage($parameters)" in the SPortal1-1.php file, i tried very hard. Can you still help?

ディン1031

Sorry my mistake <<..., I fixed the code, should be correct now.

Quote from: neverhurry on May 11, 2009, 07:57:48 AM
@neverhurry

no, because i got that error (shown in the attached images), i couldn't run the repairing file install1-1.php.
can you help?
thank you!
Okay, i've a question why do you want to run this file? Normal the upgrade do this automatic? What kind of error appear there?

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

dry3210

Quote from: Filipina on April 22, 2009, 07:38:24 PM
Quote from: R.Bourne on April 12, 2009, 03:55:25 AM
The following browsers have issues:
Camino 1.6.7 (OS X), IE 8 (Compatibility mode ENABLED)

As you know, there is a problem with IE 8 and SMF as discussed in this forum. So, we need to enable this option. Or, as suggested by someone else,  this line can also be added to index.template.php file (<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />).

IF, we check off the "Maintenance Mode" for the MOD, things are back to normal!

Any suggestions, please?

[SiNaN] found the answer to the posts being squeezed to the left side with the big open space on the right.  I want to say thanks to him for his efforts and making my forum look right again. It has to do with the Ignore Users Mod. I have it, and  R.Bourne I think you have this Mod too.

This all goes back to my post here

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2003227#msg2003227

Sources/Display.php

Code: (Find)

//-Ignore MOD- START
$context['html_headers']  = '

Code: (Replace With)
//-Ignore MOD- START
$context['html_headers']  .= '

Yest there is a difference if you look closely and that little difference fixed my forum!

Nice!  Worked for me

Neverhurry

Quote from: ディン1031 on May 11, 2009, 08:57:45 AM
Sorry my mistake <<..., I fixed the code, should be correct now.

Quote from: neverhurry on May 11, 2009, 07:57:48 AM
@neverhurry

can you help?
thank you!
Okay, i've a question why do you want to run this file? Normal the upgrade do this automatic? What kind of error appear there?

Bye
DIN1031

blue dream told me: "Download the attached file install1-1.php.
Upload it to your forum root, where index.php file is.
Run it with your browser like: http://yoursite.com/install1-1.php.
Remove the file."

that is why i runned that file.

Neverhurry

DIN, works like a charm. Great job you've done. Thank you very much. Really love Simple portal.

Neverhurry

Quote from: neverhurry on May 07, 2009, 01:08:23 PM
Hello,

i use simple portal and love it, but i got this strange ????, it doesn't show correctly the title of the block in Chinese, please look at the attachment i marked within the white circle, i am using chinese version of SMF.

thank you!

that is OK now, though i don't know if it is because the upgrade to 2.2.1?

Advertisement: