News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veliki Brat

Hi and thx for this simple but powerfull portal. I use it a lot and its a core of my site. Great stuff!!  :)

Please help me with this, how to put a recent posts from simple portal code into a custom page or custom action on site? I have some scripts like a tabview and I want to place a recent post into the tabview.

But I can't. Why?

Here is my site, please take a look. Simple portal recent posts are on the right side od site.. and a tabview is in the middle os site. Now I want to put a recent posts into a tabview.

P.S. Why a Simple Portal site not working?  :(
Follow us on Twitter - Join us on Facebook - Visit our Website - Visit Forum

Web Designer & SEO Expert - WPZoom & IntenseDebate team member

SZD:M - Our latest work

Blinker

sloba, what kind of block are those tabbed boxes in your portal, the ones in the middle. I want them!

[SiNaN]

Wingman7659:

It looks fine to me, were you able to solve the issue? From what I see looking at the screenshots, there is an extra char being output before everything else.

sloba:

You can use sp_recent() function with correct parameters passed in any PHP code you run on your forum. As I'm not sure how you create your tab thingies, I can't provide you the exact codes.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Blinker

Quote from: sloba on July 12, 2009, 09:48:35 AM
Quote from: Blinker on July 12, 2009, 07:56:20 AM
sloba, what kind of block are those tabbed boxes in your portal, the ones in the middle. I want them!

Tab view.. here is all you need to place it on your site. Enjoy.

Thanks sloba. How do I set it up? As in, how do I make it appear on my forum, in blocks etc...and also how to add content to it?

Blinker

Thanks a lot sloba. I managed to get a tab box to appear in a block.

I'm going to play around a little to do things like centring it, adding content etc.

I appreciate your help. Do you mind if I PM you for further advice?

RedCairo

cool tabs.

I wonder if that is the same scrolling-tab-box javascript that I have in this blog (see theme link at bottom):
http://blog.dojopsi.info/

Rhandy

Quote from: Rhandy on July 09, 2009, 06:16:00 PM
I have a customized "SPortal2.php" file.
I'm just asking you if you can modify it.
I want that, when I post a Sticky Topic, it always shows in the first place of the "Recent Topics" Block.

Can you help me here please?

This is the link to the file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/253444381/SPortal2.php.html

P.D. I already tried what this post says:
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=1974.0
But didn't worked for me...
I use SMF 2.0 RC1-1 and Simple Portal 2.2.2...

Thanks!

SO ??????????????
[SiNaN] WHY YOU ALWAYS IGNORE ME?

Jade Elizabeth

Please don't yell at Sinan. Also please attach your files here, not through Rapidshare :).

Thank you :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Mraza

guys i even ask at your site but nobody is responding there please guys hep
Quote from: Mraza on July 07, 2009, 05:32:15 AM
hi guys i am using 1.1.9 smf with simpleportal 2.2. i wanted to show my choosen one boards to show posts in portal from recent posts blocks. so far i get this code but it is not working. can somebody help me in this, thanks. here is the code

(Find (SSI.php))function ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = null, $output_method = 'echo')
(Replace)function ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = null, $output_method = 'echo', $include_boards = null)

(Find (SSI.php))         AND t.ID_LAST_MSG = m.ID_MSG
         AND b.ID_BOARD = t.ID_BOARD" . (empty($exclude_boards) ? '' : "

(Replace)         AND t.ID_LAST_MSG = m.ID_MSG
         AND b.ID_BOARD = t.ID_BOARD" . (empty($include_boards) ? '' : "
         AND b.ID_BOARD IN (" . implode(', ', $include_boards) . ")") . (empty($exclude_boards) ? '' : "

(Find (Sources/SPortal1-1.php))$topics = ssi_recentTopics($limit, null, 'array');
(Replace)$topics = ssi_recentTopics($limit, null, 'array', array(1, 2, 3, 4));

array(1, 2, 3, 4)) on last line code is where i put my board ID but not working.

Signature:
Old Software Engineers Never Dies, They Just Log Out...
! ! ! ! ! 5 Best Movies Thread ! ! ! ! !

Angelina Belle

Well, congratulations, I guess, on reaching your bandwidth limit.  Or has your site been under attack?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

[SiNaN]

There are some server issues we are currently having at sp.net. Should be dissolved forever in the very near future. Sorry for inconvenience.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Mraza

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 13, 2009, 10:41:30 AM
There are some server issues we are currently having at sp.net. Should be dissolved forever in the very near future. Sorry for inconvenience.
Thanks [SiNaN] ! i think i had written my problem on that site about 3-4 weeks ago. and i really hope somebody will help me to solve this method.

Regards
Signature:
Old Software Engineers Never Dies, They Just Log Out...
! ! ! ! ! 5 Best Movies Thread ! ! ! ! !

Wingman7659

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 12, 2009, 08:29:11 AM
Wingman7659:

It looks fine to me, were you able to solve the issue? From what I see looking at the screenshots, there is an extra char being output before everything else.

I found that it happens when I duplicate the original english-utf8 language file, modify into into chinese and save into utf-8 coding. Is there anything to do with it?

willerby

Quote from: palyne on July 12, 2009, 04:05:56 AM
Since the Custom Pages mod author is taking awhile to get around to making that work for 1x SMF and I'm stuck there -- and had planned a website around it a month ago -- and Baker's Dozen mod doesn't work for 1x either, gahhhhhh -- I'm trying to figure out how I can use SP to the best effect for at least a few critical things...
Palyne

I'd upgrade to SMF 2.0RC1 and be done with it.

I use SP, Articles Mod, Custom Pages, Dozen Pages and Custom Forms on my 2.0 site and all work great...
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

dzinerfusion

hope your site is back up soon!

candidosa2

did need somehelp...
about Hosting....
try send me PM Plaese

Stef001

I offer you free hosting for this great mod.
Give me a pm.
SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

shua

Agreed, SimplePortal rocks. I just implemented a sweet 404 page that incorporated Google AdSense custom search and the Top Boards block to try to keep people on the site when they encounter a 404.

www.waterxing.com/notfound.html [nofollow]

The way I did it was to create a custom 404 action using the Custom Action Mod.  I then created an html block and turned it on for the new action using Custom Display Options: ~action|404

If you try out the search on the 404 page, you'll also see that I created a custom action for my Google search results page so that people don't leave the site.

Lastly, I created an .htaccess entry to forward 404 handling to the new 404 action.

# Provide friendly 404 error handling
RewriteRule ^404.html$ /index.php?action=404

Bruno36

Hello!

When I go on the portal I have a blank page :(
http://www.scooter-chinois-4t.com
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Stef001

SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

Advertisement: