News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

RedCairo

The link simply has an error due to some buggy/typo in the edit box.

http://www.simpleportal.net  works fine.

H

As the DNS has been updated to point to the new server it may take up to 48 hours for your computer/ISPs cache to update :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

LC

Is there going to be a smf 1.1.10 compatible version?  ;D

Tried using the parsing tool from other sites, no luck.

TheListener

Quote from: LadyChaos on July 18, 2009, 06:23:49 PM
Is there going to be a smf 1.1.10 compatible version?  ;D

Tried using the parsing tool from other sites, no luck.

Simple Portal is compatible with 1.1.9, 1.1.10 and 2.0 rc1-1 and onwards.

LC

Well I have a custom theme, so to install this mod I would need the parse for 1.1.10. Or am I wrong?

TheListener

Quote from: LadyChaos on July 18, 2009, 07:52:20 PM
Well I have a custom theme, so to install this mod I would need the parse for 1.1.10. Or am I wrong?

Have you tried to install the portal?

LC

Yes, did it just now. It works with my theme, I wouldn't have expected that. :P I like being prepared, but this was very easy. Thanks.

[SiNaN]

Updated version info on the Mod Site. Thanks!
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

REGNARTS_

Just a quick question, why do I have no icons here?

Image:

Blinker

REGNARTS_ it may be your custom theme. Try copying the images/sp directory over to your custom theme.

[SiNaN]

They are admin images, so they don't have a fallback. If you had checked the option "Install the mod for the other themes" while installing the mod, it should have copied the images for you.

You can fix it by copying the contents of /Themes/default/images/admin directory to /Themes/{your_theme}/images/admin directory.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

REGNARTS_

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 20, 2009, 08:59:40 AM
They are admin images, so they don't have a fallback. If you had checked the option "Install the mod for the other themes" while installing the mod, it should have copied the images for you.

You can fix it by copying the contents of /Themes/default/images/admin directory to /Themes/{your_theme}/images/admin directory.

Superb! Thanks. If we ever meet, I'll buy you lunch. :D

Blinker

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 20, 2009, 08:59:40 AMThey are admin images, so they don't have a fallback.

Of course...didn't think of that [SiNaN], my bad... :-[

PRaDiUS

@ SiNaN

Hey bro. I'm having a slight issue with blocks expanding beyond their width and running into other blocks. When HD youtube videos are posted some of them are bigger then the middle blocks on the portal. So instead of auto-resizing them or adding the scroll left-right bar @ the bottom of the block. It just overlaps out and into another block. Namely the block I currently have on the right for showing recent items added to the media gallery. Although I am having the same problem with this block aswell. Sometimes users add images to my gallery with really long names and no spaces. Well when those names of gallery items are longer than the block it just expands the block out to the right and off of the page causing a nasty left-right scroll bar to appear @ the bottom of my forum. I have not edited or modded your script in anyway so it can't be anything I might have changed. Since this is happening in a few blocks with not only videos and images but text aswell -- I can only conclude maybe this is something you need to fix in the block code for the mod itself and add to your next update. If you could tell me how I could go in now and fix it myself that would be great! These overlapping blocks just look really crappy and unprofessional. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I need it!

;)

July 24: I still cannot figure out what is wrong here. Does anyone know how to fix this please?

[ RGXbox.com ]

REGNARTS_

Does anyone know why I don't see the "Simple Portal" button under admin? I have SMF 2.0 RC1.2. I also check and it has installed successfully. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, when I tried to uninstall it so that I can trying to install it again, I get an "Error in package installation" error with all the uninstall actions set to "Test Failed".

flamechica

I have set up a custom PHP block to use my ShoutMix ShoutBox on my forum. I have membergroups for my regular members set with post count restrictions. I was wondering if there was a way to set it so if I put a member in a certain membergroup that they could not see the custom PHP block? From what I can tell there is only 3 ways to set permissions by groups with the blocks (One Membergroup, All Membergroups & Ignore Permissions). None of these do what I want them to though.

Eliana Tamerin

Select All Membergroups and then choose every group but the one you don't want to have access. Give that group to the people who don't want to see the shoutbox, and they'll be restricted from it.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

willerby

Wouldn't other membergroups be restricted from it as they don't belong to all the remaining membergroups?
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Eliana Tamerin

That's why you have to select every membergroup but the one you want to exclude.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Advertisement: