News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgecy

I am having a problem with displaying gallery images horizontally in the top blocks.  If I set the number of images to say 5 or more, it breaks the margin and displays them all on one line, instead of dropping to the next line.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks,

RGecy

Sordell Media

Installed SimplePortal recently, and loving it so far, installed without a hitch even with all my other mods.

One query I've got is if theres any way to easily setup a block for moderation? I'd like to make my moderators jobs a bit easier by adding a block to ideally show any pending group memberships awaiting approval, but am not really sure how to go about setting it up. If anyone could give me some tips that'd be greatly appreciated.

tfs

Quote from: Sordell Media on August 18, 2009, 12:34:22 AM
One query I've got is if theres any way to easily setup a block for moderation?

Take a look at Admin Dashboard.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Sordell Media

Quote from: tfs on August 18, 2009, 12:43:15 AM
Quote from: Sordell Media on August 18, 2009, 12:34:22 AM
One query I've got is if theres any way to easily setup a block for moderation?

Take a look at Admin Dashboard.

Thanks... doesnt look like it has post moderation or membergroup requests, but that at least gives me something to work from, and I guess I'd just need to work out the relevent db queries and modify the code some. Cheers ;D

arockets

Quote from: arockets on July 31, 2009, 09:25:45 AM
Hello again :)

I just started to use articles, and have added a image.  Could someone help me with moving that image to the top of the Article?  Right now its to the right inside the box.  Maybe an option for the image position in 2.3?  :)

Can anyone help me?

psynx

hello,

i made the portal as my homepage, however google bots still acknowledges the forum site as the index page instead of the portal home page?

how do i make the portal - home page as the index page?

TheListener

Quote from: psynx on August 24, 2009, 10:42:51 AM
hello,

i made the portal as my homepage, however google bots still acknowledges the forum site as the index page instead of the portal home page?

how do i make the portal - home page as the index page?

I may be wrong but as far as I know everything in the forum is viewed on the portal anyway so there would be no need for what you are requesting.

psynx

i used custom html blocks for my entire homepage.

in fact i even use dreamweaver to design my homepage.

so everything in the homepage is very important and that is why i want it to make as my index page instead of the forum page.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: psynx on August 24, 2009, 12:16:04 PM
i used custom html blocks for my entire homepage.

in fact i even use dreamweaver to design my homepage.

so everything in the homepage is very important and that is why i want it to make as my index page instead of the forum page.

yep, nice an easy with a custom HTML block with no title or body will give u a nice HTML layout, and adding some custom blocks on the sides looks great, all thanks to simple portal :)

I started working on mine the other day, using simple portal has got me way ahead, if I would have had to use PHP I would still be nowhere lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

rgecy

I am getting an "Out of Memory Error Line 49" when using IE7 and IE8. It only occurs on my portal page http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/portal.php .

I am running SMF 1.1.9.

QuoteI had a few members mention they got it.  Its a popup that omes up.  I only get it using IE7 running windows XP.  But I am also getting other errors on the page as well using IE8.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
Timestamp: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:12:35 UTC

Line: 45
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/portal.php

Line: 99
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/portal.php

Thanks,

Robert

LC

I don't know if this has been asked or not but my forum error log keeps showing this error for SP.

Undefined index: error_sp_no_post_found
File: /home/mine/site/forum/Sources/SPortal1-1.php
Line: 1411

Any reason why? :)

DarkSynopsis

I was wondering how I turn off "Large images in articles and board news can now be resized" feature that came with SimplePortal 2.2.2 :)

I had all my images in news items set for the right size and now they get shrunk in some cases and has been bugging me for awhile.

Using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Thanks

ElTaino

I'm using Simple Portal and I love it, but, for some reason I can't control the # of words before the topic sends to ''Read More''. I have limited the words to 250 and other numbers but my changes in the ACP don't seem to take any effect.

Maximum Characters Before Article Cut-off 250

But nothing happens  :(, help please. What I'm doing wrong???

rgecy

Any help on the "OUT OF MEMORY ERROR"?  Anyone.....Anyone......Bueler.....Bueler?

Shades.

How do I change the text "Today Events" to "Today's Events" in the Calendar Information block?
(See attachment.)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

cave_lion

I am reading that simple portal "blocks" should appear on the forum as well as the "Home" page--but this is not the case for me?  I have tried adjusting the settings in different ways:  changing "front page" to "Integration" and checking/unchecking the "Display blocks in forum" and "Hide Blocks in Forum Areas."  But nothing changes--the blocks only show on the homepage and no-where else...

I am using Firefox--but tried it on IE as well.  Using Vista 64bit.  Just installed SMF--so it is nearly untouched--the only other mod I put in is the Aeva (Auto-Embed Video & Audio).

Thanks for any help you can provide...
Gordo

plusev

Quote from: cave_lion on August 29, 2009, 11:47:37 PM
I am reading that simple portal "blocks" should appear on the forum as well as the "Home" page--but this is not the case for me?  I have tried adjusting the settings in different ways:  changing "front page" to "Integration" and checking/unchecking the "Display blocks in forum" and "Hide Blocks in Forum Areas."  But nothing changes--the blocks only show on the homepage and no-where else...

I am using Firefox--but tried it on IE as well.  Using Vista 64bit.  Just installed SMF--so it is nearly untouched--the only other mod I put in is the Aeva (Auto-Embed Video & Audio).

Gordo

Go to Configuration>General Settings and set to Front Page. Go to Configuration>Block Settings and check display in forum. Then go to each Blocks>Actions>Modify>Display Options and put them where ever you want for each block.

cave_lion

That's got it--Thanks for the help!

Quote from: cave_lion on Yesterday at 11:47:37 PM

Gordo

Go to Configuration>General Settings and set to Front Page. Go to Configuration>Block Settings and check display in forum. Then go to each Blocks>Actions>Modify>Display Options and put them where ever you want for each block.

[SiNaN]

Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

cave_lion

OK--call me stupid--but I am not getting what the point of "articles" is.  I've searched the net looking for info about any advantage to using an article instead of a post and can't find anything...

Can someone please tell me--what the difference is (they look identical to me)?  And what the advantage to using an article over a post is?

Thanks!

Advertisement: