SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeet Chowdhury

after uninstalling simple portal its still showing menus in old style.

TheListener

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on January 28, 2011, 12:24:43 PM

Have you checked all the files which simpleportal edits?

You may require manual edits.

Guy01

Hello,

I run Simple Portal 2.3.3. I use the RSS block without any problem, one feed wp. Well, The server is changed. And it is impossible to get the RSS block again: "flux invalide" (in french). I have tested other RSS...it doesn't work. What can I do?
I thank you in advance

Best regards

Guy
SMF 2.0.7
Sitemap
Aeva Media
French utf8
Thème: MundoNetv2

Darkness_

Hi all, using SMF 2 rc4

Getting error with SSI

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ssi_shutdown() (previously declared in /public_html/#/SSI.php:204) in /public_html/#/SSI.php on line 206

mods using:

1.   Post History    0.3
2.   ssi_multiBoardNews    1.1
3.   First Post on every Page    1.3     
4.   Custom Action Mod    3.2     
5.   Bakers Dozen Pages    1.2     
6.   SimplePortal    2.3.3     
7.   SMFBlog    2.0     
8.   Aeva Media    1.4c     
9.   Team Page    3.5.5     

Angelina Belle

It sounds as though SSI.php has been included, and something is trying to include it again.
Something is using php's include statement instead of include_once.
ssi_shutdown is the first function definition in that file. So that's why the problem pops up at "function ssi_shutdown"

I don't know which of your mods is doing this.
Which mods use SSI.php? Which page does it happen on?  It would be nice to know which file is the one trying to include SSI.php

Can you try narrowing it down by uninstalling the mods in the reverse order you installed them, until the problem goes away?

Troubleshooting this kind of thing can be kind of a pain, but you should be able to manage it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Jeet Chowdhury

Quote from: Brack1 on January 28, 2011, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on January 28, 2011, 12:24:43 PM

Have you checked all the files which simpleportal edits?

You may require manual edits.

no how to check every file any automated way or need to do manually?

TheMortician4

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on January 27, 2011, 12:48:30 PM
A future version of SimplePortal will do exactly what you want.
For now, every SimplePortal article actually IS a topic post.

One poster did post code for a custom-php "SMF Articles" block. You can find that at SimplePortal.net, by searching for SMF Articles. Then, you can make that custom-php block show up on any page you want.

Another option, of course, for use with the current version of SMF, is to store all the articles away in a single out-of-the-way board (maybe even a child board), and display them on the Portal Page. That's one of the things SimplePortal does best. I think this is the simpler choice.

Either choice is pretty simple.

REally? Wow, that's weird don't ask me how I did it, but my articles are posting on the portal....

Darkness_

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on January 28, 2011, 03:19:51 PM
It sounds as though SSI.php has been included, and something is trying to include it again.
Something is using php's include statement instead of include_once.
ssi_shutdown is the first function definition in that file. So that's why the problem pops up at "function ssi_shutdown"

I don't know which of your mods is doing this.
Which mods use SSI.php? Which page does it happen on?  It would be nice to know which file is the one trying to include SSI.php

Can you try narrowing it down by uninstalling the mods in the reverse order you installed them, until the problem goes away?

Troubleshooting this kind of thing can be kind of a pain, but you should be able to manage it.

Was like you said, had a custom page wich was calling SSI, it was require, changed it to require_once now it works like a charm.
Thank you for the fast help

evonyhall

Hi all!

I would like to add TinyChat to my forum via a block in simpleportal. But I keep getting an error on line 12 of webpage. I know im new to all this but if someone could help. I would really appreciate it. This is the code im trying to add to a custom html block. Help Please I lost!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tinychat.com/chatbar/bar.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
chatbar.embed({ room: "d5d0e25662aeb81ffe32d414f01d83dc", theme: "blue", facebook_like: true, tweet_button: true, buzz_button: true, buzz_button: true, digg_button: true, translate: true, width: "fluid", align: "center", position: "bottom"});<
/script>

Jeet Chowdhury

here is problem when we are using other themes.

TheListener

Jeet

The following link will provide the solution for you.

I had the same problem which was solved.

http://www.pixelmansion.com/index.php?topic=89.msg944;topicseen#new

Jeet Chowdhury

^^^^thank u brack. u r life saver.... :D :D :D

i have a question is this simpleportal shoutbox ajax based or sql query based??

Jeet Chowdhury

how to disable the shoutbox's textbox's autocomplete??

also want to move please login or register text to next line. which file i need to edit and how.

TheListener

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on January 30, 2011, 03:46:19 PM
how to disable the shoutbox's textbox's autocomplete??

I would say this is more related to your computer than the mod.

Jeet Chowdhury

im using mozilla firefox 4. and textbox auto complete but in ie9 its ok.

TheListener

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on January 30, 2011, 05:32:02 PM
im using mozilla firefox 4. and textbox auto complete but in ie9 its ok.

As I said before it is NOT the mod it is the browser.

Jeet Chowdhury

if i disable ad for particuler usergroup in simple ads its still showing in simpleportal below menu.

can i add more recent topics in homescreen as 1, 2, 3, 4 page style per view contain last 15 recent topic.

Angelina Belle

SimplePortal shows all blocks for admin user. There will be an option to change this in a future version of SimplePortal.

Please see the number of topics to show in "Recent Topics" block. This block does not do "[1][2][3][4]" paging.
Only Forum News, Articles blocks, and portal-page Articles do that paging.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Jeet Chowdhury

is there any way or mod to enable recent topic paging? :)

in portal top posters list. the member name link is clicable. i want to do something like. when some one click on user avatar they goto that user profile. how to do that?

Angelina Belle

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on January 31, 2011, 10:35:35 AM
is there any way or mod to enable recent topic paging? :)

in portal top posters list. the member name link is clicable. i want to do something like. when some one click on user avatar they goto that user profile. how to do that?
Recent Topic only lists the subject line of the recent topic. It was not designed to be pageable.
If you wish to begin customizing your SimplePortal, I invite you to sign up at simpleportal.net and start a topic in one of the customizing boards

Advertisement: