News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3lioz

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 09, 2011, 08:35:52 AM
Kimmie-- this is unusual behavior.  Did you install any other mods, or have your Simpleportal settings changed?

strafe -- copy portal.css from Themes/default/css to the css directory of your custom theme.
Thank you (:

H3lioz

Guys i got a new problem :(

When i add the portal it only adds "Home" and dosnt add "Forum"  >:(

Help please :p

Suki

Thats probably because you are using another language besides english, you can look at simpleportal.net to see if there is a language pack available for your language.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Angelina Belle

strafe -- SimplePortal usually manages this for the default theme, but cannot always manage it for every custom theme.
Please see the documentation at http://simpleportal.net/index.php?action=docs;area=menu_buttons
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

H3lioz

Angelina that didnt help :(

Miss All Sunday, i dont find any language pack :(

H3lioz

TheListener

Strafe

Which theme are you using?

Were there any errors on install?

H3lioz

Brack1,

Im using Blackrain theme & i did not get any errors while installing the portal.

Kimmie

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 09, 2011, 08:35:52 AM
Kimmie-- this is unusual behavior.  Did you install any other mods, or have your Simpleportal settings changed?

It was the very first mod that I reinstalled after upgrading from RC3 to 2.0 Gold so it was on fresh files and did not work "out of the box" (I thoroughly check every mod before I stall another one) The settings I had previously all remain the same. I even tried turning them off and back on again, but it still doesnt work

H3lioz

Simpleportal removes forum page!! Help -.-

Kimmie

Quote from: strafe on September 11, 2011, 01:12:59 PM
Simpleportal removes forum page!! Help -.-

What it does, is adds a new button at the top  "Home"  and "Forum". Did you try clicking on the forum button? ;)

H3lioz

No it adds the "Home" button but the forum button dosnt come! (Yes im not blind im 100% sure it isnt there)

bearstreet

It might be trivial to ask  , but I would like to know that can I add custom PHP/HTML block for some action that is not included in the list of actions of simple portal add block menu.(see the image attached)

more specifically,suppose I want to add a php/html block so that it shows up at messages page of my forum(personal message PM)
for that, action =pmhttp://localhost/smf_2-0_install/index.php?action=pm

I suppose that action is seen from the url of the forum.

so can I add custom php/html for some particualr action that is not included in the simple portal actions options(see image attached)
Dont do drugs, coz if you get caught u will go to prison, and drugs are real expensive in prison
:P

Ask me Maths Questions

Angelina Belle

strafe -- which version of SMF are you using? Which theme are you using?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

H3lioz

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 12, 2011, 09:27:27 AM
strafe -- which version of SMF are you using? Which theme are you using?
Smf 2.0

Blackrain

Angelina Belle

But when you use the default theme, the home and forum buttons are OK?

When you install Simpleportal, the package installer offers you the option of modifying all of your themes.  This usually works. But for some themes, the installer cannot quite manage it.

In this case you can simply follow the tutorial at SimplePortal.net.
Please see the advice for adding the forum button to a non-curve-based theme with SMF 2.0: http://simpleportal.net/index.php?action=docs;area=menu_buttons

H3lioz

Havnt tested ill test now.

PS. I was gonna uninstall it and after i uninstalled it this happend:

Help :/

EDIT: Fixed it xD (Sorry im noobie :))

H3lioz

bearstreet

Quote from: bearstreet on September 12, 2011, 03:16:10 AM
It might be trivial to ask  , but I would like to know that can I add custom PHP/HTML block for some action that is not included in the list of actions of simple portal add block menu.(see the image attached)

more specifically,suppose I want to add a php/html block so that it shows up at messages page of my forum(personal message PM)
for that, action =pmhttp://localhost/smf_2-0_install/index.php?action=pm

I suppose that action is seen from the url of the forum.

so can I add custom php/html for some particualr action that is not included in the simple portal actions options(see image attached)

still need it
:(
Dont do drugs, coz if you get caught u will go to prison, and drugs are real expensive in prison
:P

Ask me Maths Questions

Angelina Belle

You can try the advanced display options / custom display options  to specify a block shows up only when action = pm.

Advertisement: