News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightBob

When I try to install Simple Portal, I get this MySQl Error.

Table 'viperm_community.smf_sp_functions' doesn't exist
File: /home/viperm/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/install2.php
Line: 318

Angelina Belle

Quote from: soulgeek on October 03, 2011, 02:56:24 PM
There are permission settings only to Show the block or not and where.
That is correct. You can find permissions
1) When editing the block, to control who can see the block
2) When editing the shoutbox, to control who can see the shoutbox

In SimplePortal 2.3.3, if you can see a shoutbox, you can shout in it.  If you can't shout in it, you cannot see it, either.
This would be a good feature request for a future version of shoutbox.

One thing you can use instead, for news, quotes, random one-liners, is a news block, which draws from SMF's news.
It does require a couple of extra clicks to enter a new item, but it will let you put "news, quotes, random one-liners" on your portal page (or any other part of your forum)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Angelina Belle

Quote from: KnightBob on October 03, 2011, 04:38:15 PM

What version of SimplePortal are you attempting to install? I can't figure out why you'd get that sort of error on line 318 of install2.php for SimplePortal 2.3.3.

Thanks for the info
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

KnightBob

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on October 04, 2011, 09:55:31 AM
Quote from: KnightBob on October 03, 2011, 04:38:15 PM

What version of SimplePortal are you attempting to install? I can't figure out why you'd get that sort of error on line 318 of install2.php for SimplePortal 2.3.3.

Thanks for the info

For some strange reason, I tried to install 2.2, I do not now where I got it from. But I have downloaded and installed the latest version, and it works now.

But I want to have me portal outside my forum. My Forum is on the sub domain community, and the website will be in the website main domain. So I followed the instrustions in the .php file, changed the url, and the settings in the Admin CP. But when I go to the main domain, it redirects me to the forum.

Angelina Belle

"When I go to the main domain, it redirects me to the forum".
Please try this:
1) rename or delete index.php in the main domain
2) now see what happens when you go to the main domain.

Are you stil redirected?

KnightBob

No, it doesnt redirect me to the forum

Angelina Belle

Thanks for that test. This confirms for me that this index.php file was involved in whatever-is-going-wrong-here (and probably not some htaccess thing)

Is the portal enabled?

KnightBob

Do you mine Maintance Mode?

If I desable maintance mode, I get a 503 error.

Angelina Belle

A 503 error means something is wrong with your server, or that the server is in maintenance mode.
This should not be triggered by any setting within SMF or any SMF mod.

I am very confused about what you mean.

Please tell me about the following settings:

In SimplePortal General settings (Administration Center » Configuration » General Settings)
Portal Mode -- Disabled? Standalone?
Maintenance Mode -- checked or unchecked
Standalone URL --

SMF server settings (Administration Center » Server Settings » General)
Enable Maintenance Mode

(Administration Center » Server Settings » Database and Paths)
Forum URL

KnightBob

Portal Mode -- Standalone
Maintenance Mode -- unchecked
Standalone URL --  http://vipermoddingteam.com/ [nofollow]

SMF server settings (Administration Center » Server Settings » General)
Enable Maintenance Mode  -- Checked

(Administration Center » Server Settings » Database and Paths)
Forum URL -- http://community.vipermoddingteam.com [nofollow]

Angelina Belle

I think I get it. You need some kind of index.php or index.html at vipermoddingteam.com.  Please try putting something there. almost anything, really.

Please check that the $forum_dir= in the standalone php file is copied EXACTLY from the SMF Directory at (Administration Center » Server Settings » Database and Paths)

KnightBob

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on October 04, 2011, 01:56:53 PM
I think I get it. You need some kind of index.php or index.html at vipermoddingteam.com.  Please try putting something there. almost anything, really.
That it didn't load the index.php file, whas bicose I stilll had it named: index.php123 for the latest test. I changed it to index.php now.

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on October 04, 2011, 01:56:53 PM
Please check that the $forum_dir= in the standalone php file is copied EXACTLY from the SMF Directory at (Administration Center » Server Settings » Database and Paths)

I checked, and it is the good URL.

Angelina Belle

Try taking the SMF forum out of maintenance mode now.

KnightBob

Now I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sportal() in /home/viperm/public_html/index.php on line 45

Angelina Belle

Good start! You are actually trying to run the portal.
Your forum is an SMF 2.x forum.
Please look at the top of the index.php file you are using.

What Software Version does it belong to?

KnightBob

Scrimps

hxxp:tabtarget.com/forum [nonactive]

Messing around, debating if I should go with a Wordpress front page + bridge, or simple portal.

The problem I am having is simple portal is not properly displaying the left side of the header images. It does this for every theme.

KnightBob

I got it working now, I reuploaded the SPortal file from the download package. But how can I make it possible to have the default page to be an custom page I made?

Angelina Belle

scrimp: copy Themes/default/css/portal.css to the css directory of your custom theme.

KnightBob -- You want some custom HTML on your portal page? Simply use a custom HTML block, then cut/paste the contents.
If you want to encapsulate/include an entire HTML page, simply use an <iframe>

KnightBob

Thank you it worked. :D

Is it possible to acces me custom page from the main domain instead of the community sub domain?

Advertisement: