News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Lucien]

I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

DragoN_PT

Is it possible to hide or remove the userbox ONLY from the portal page?

TheListener

Quote from: DragoN_SAMP on November 18, 2011, 11:43:38 PM

What do you mean by userbox?

[SiNaN]

Quote from: DragoN_SAMP on November 18, 2011, 11:43:38 PM

Yeah. Just edit the block and change the Display Options as you like.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

DragoN_PT

Quote from: Brack1 on November 19, 2011, 12:55:57 AM
What do you mean by userbox?
The one with the user avatar, recent topics, unread replies, latest member, etc..

Quote from: [SiNaN] on November 19, 2011, 01:43:11 AM
Yeah. Just edit the block and change the Display Options as you like.
Witch block? Sorry but im a noob at scripting.. Sometimes I mess arround the files and usually I get the things done, but with the userbox I can find it at index.template but if I delete it it crash my forum down.. And maybe if I can turn arround the crash I presume it will disapear from the entire forum..

I would like to take it off only from the portal page..

TheListener

Are you talking about the block or the area at the top of the page?

DragoN_PT

Yes. The personal area.. The one that shows your avatar, unread replies, ect..

~DS~

Any chances of blocks supporting alltopics, not allboards?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

[SiNaN]

With the Complex Display Options in 2.3.4, you can use this as Custom Display Option:

$php global $context; return (isset($context['get_message']) && $context['get_message'] == 'prepareDisplayContext');
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

pixeleyes

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on November 11, 2011, 11:16:50 AM
The board news block does not have a paramter for that.
However, since you are already customizing the boardnews block, you could add a parameter to control this.
This discussion could go on for a little while, so I invite you to visit the custom coding board at simpleportal.net.

I will not be available there until next week, but maybe someone can help you with adding a parameter to the boardnews block, and then using it to control the max. length of the subject line.

I started this post on 10th Dec. at simpleportal.net  but still didn't get any response regarding this code. Looking forward if anyone could help here.

reefforum

QUESTION:

I am using "recent gallery uploads" as my right and left blocks.  I'd like increase thumbnail size inside the blocks.  Currently there is a lot of white background. 

Thank you much in advance

Maserati

Hello,

I use 2.3.3 version, and I have little problem... I try to look into css but i cant find how to fix this problem...

You can see on image what is problem:

TheListener

Maserati

This has been explained time and time again.

Place the portal.css file into the css folder of the theme you are using.

You do know there is a new version out?

Maserati

TheListener

I use it on my forum as do the folks on Pixel Mansion.

The beta version is available for download.

GlitchPC

Regarding the new Beta and hopefully soon to be released Final version of 2.3.4...  Will there be an upgrade feature, or will one have to uninstall the old to install the new?

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: Brack1 on November 24, 2011, 01:02:53 PM
You do know there is a new version out?

We generally don't suggest that users update to beta/RC versions, those are more for testing purposes, unless a new feature or fixed bug solves a specific issue that needs immediate resolution.

Quote from: GlitchPC on November 24, 2011, 02:42:27 PM
Regarding the new Beta and hopefully soon to be released Final version of 2.3.4...  Will there be an upgrade feature, or will one have to uninstall the old to install the new?

There is no upgrade path for 2.3.4, you must Uninstall SP and then Install the new version of SP. However, unless you specifically request it (by selecting a checkbox) your data will remain the same, the only thing that will change is the files themselves. So if you have custom coding, you will need to back it up before you update.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

SimplePortal Team

SimplePortal 2.3.4 Released!

The SimplePortal Team is happy to announce the release of SimplePortal 2.3.4, code-named "Cherry!" This release includes many minor feature additions, improvements and fixes for bugs found in the 2.3.3 version.

We urge all users to upgrade to SimplePortal 2.3.4 as soon as possible to take advantage of the new features and bug fixes. A summary of the features and fixes is as follows:

Features

• Two new positions for blocks: header and footer.
  • Revamped permission system with the ability to deny permissions.
  • Complex display options using PHP expressions for block display.
  • Implemented basic flood protection for shoutbox.
  • Introduced group based shoutbox moderators.
  • Added ability to prune shoutboxes with various options.
  • Links posted to shoutbox are now shortened.
  • Added ability to whisper (post private shouts) in shoutbox.
  • Better handling of ignored users in shoutbox.
  • Brand new RSS Feed block with a better parser.
  • Allow selecting blocks (not) to show in pages on page add/edit.
  • Allow overriding block titles using language strings.

Fixes

• SMF 2.0.1 and 1.1.15 compatibility.
  • Improved compatibility with other mods.
  • Improved Right-To-Left languages support.
  • Several fixes to package database functions.
  • Custom theme friendly fix for broken headers.
  • Unescaped entities in shout dates could break shoutbox.
  • cutoff tag was displayed when it shouldn't be.
  • max-height failed on older browsers.
  • Copyright was misaligned due to recent changes in SMF.
  • Fixed MySQL 5.5+ compatibility.
  • Board news pagination link was sometimes broken.
  • Applied board permissions to the article management area.

A full list of changes for 2.3.4 can be found in the changelog.txt file within the SimplePortal package.

Unfortunately, there is no auto-upgrade option from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 due to the number of changes. So, if you are running 2.3.3 or an older version, you can upgrade by following these three steps. You shouldn't lose any data, but for safety, you should always back up before modifying your forum.

Finally, please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by posting in Install and Upgrade board.

Thanks for all your support, and keep those bug reports and feature requests coming!
-The SimplePortal Team

SimplePortal Project
Download
Meet the SimplePortal Team!
SimplePortal: The Power of Simplicity!

teos55

Unistalled 2.3.3 and installed 2.3.4 successfuly on smf 2.0.1 with default theme , thanks for your great efforts ..
No errors so far :-) 

GlitchPC

The uninstall of 2.3.3 was a little "hairy"...due to the edits I had to make.  However, the plus side...2.3.4 installed on my default and modified themes with absolutely no issues.

Well done!

Advertisement: