SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tMicky

Can someone help me, if I want to create an html block with it's own stylesheet, where would I place the stylesheets and images I want the block to call from?

tMicky

nvm

ryan_dwight

is there a way to remove a scroll bar on the blocks like in the user info block. the size of the block is exactly enough for the info, why it has a scroll bar?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ryan_dwight on May 21, 2013, 05:44:03 AM
is there a way to remove a scroll bar on the blocks like in the user info block. the size of the block is exactly enough for the info, why it has a scroll bar?

ryan_dwight,

Edit the block you are referring to and enter the following in Custom Body Style:

overflow:hidden;

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

ryan_dwight

i appreciate the reply underdog but i can't edit the user info block and i have a custom bbc block which i tried to put your code but it doesn't work

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ryan_dwight on May 21, 2013, 04:58:36 PM
i appreciate the reply underdog but i can't edit the user info block and i have a custom bbc block which i tried to put your code but it doesn't work

ryan_dwight,

There is no block type named user info, so I assume you are referring to the Member Information block where perhaps you named it User Info?
Edit the block (click on the wrench from the blocks list) and look to the bottom right of it.. where it says Custom Body Style: you should see an empty input box, simply add the text of.. overflow:hidden; into it and save the block.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

ryan_dwight

now i get it thanks for the help underdog.

Retro Lad

I am having an issue. Occasionally, the BB code shows on the "Home" Page of simple portal, even though it is properly hidden in the actual post. Please visit Retro Buffs to see this error currently happening on the 1984 Gremlins Movie Remake post.

How do I fix this?

Edit: Since installing the video mod, you can no longer view the error in question because the video pushes the error down the screen. Basically, on the "Home" page it shows the code, but not in the post:  [bExample[/b] vs Example  (I purposefully left a bracket absent to duplicate the error for you.)

Shambles

I can't see any unprocessed bbcode in your article (and I couldn't see it in the actual post, but you then edited your text to explain that).

What are we looking for?

This is what I see:

Mgt Madness

I tried to upload the latest Simple Portal .zip file to the website via the package manager, and when i click on upload, it shows a white screen and when i try and navigate back to the package manager, it shows a white screen, then i would have to the website host control panel and delete the uploaded SimplePortal_2.3.5 file.
Then the package manager would work again

Using the latests smf 2.04

EDIT: just found out that it does this with any mod uploaded

YogiBear

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Retro Lad

Quote from: Shambles on May 29, 2013, 01:59:56 PM
I can't see any unprocessed bbcode in your article (and I couldn't see it in the actual post, but you then edited your text to explain that).

What are we looking for?

This is what I see:

The code in question when I posted was pushed out of view once I added the embed video player. You can now see it again. "She will be terribly missed. I grew up watching [url=http://en.wik..."  Inside the post, the video shows properly. I am sure it isn't the  Simple Audio Video Embedder http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681 causing the error either. It existed before I installed the mod, on other text that I had used BB code on. :/

TheListener

Is the url bb code ticked in Admin > Forum > posts and topics > bbc?

Retro Lad

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 02, 2013, 07:46:21 PM
Is the url bb code ticked in Admin > Forum > posts and topics > bbc?

Yes. And the codes work properly everywhere BUT in the simpleportal home page center blocks.

Shambles

I see your problem.

Go to "Article Settings" and increase the value you see for the following:

Maximum Characters Before Article Cut-off

Retro Lad

That did not work. I increased it all the way to 1500 characters and it did not change the amount of characters displayed at all. ?

Shambles

So, your posts are being truncated regardless of the setting I mentioned?

What happens if you posted the offending link/BBcode at the beginning of the article, with some text following, as a test. Can you count the number of characters visible in the article?

Angelina Belle

Retro Lad, this is happening because the tag is cut off in the middle. What remains is not a complete tag, and shows up all wrong.
[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/181146178129?ssPageName=STRK

Try this: Add a [cutoff] tag where you would LIKE the cutoff to occur.
This could solve the problem.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Burke ♞ Knight

On one of my sites, it seems that I can not add new custom php blocks.
I had copied a site and imported the database, and the rest of the portal and site work fine.
It just pops up with an error when I try to add a block.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!

Database error in block code. Please check the code.

The block I'm trying to add has no database calls in it. I even just tried with a line of text.
I can't even add a custom php page without getting the same error.
I've uninstalled every mod that I could think of that I've never run before that may have been a problem, yet still getting the error.

Advertisement: