News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Permissions Info (v1.6 Released Supporting SMF 2.0 RC4!)

Started by Nibogo, March 15, 2008, 05:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuЯЯЯЯaK

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

[SiNaN]

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 21, 2008, 09:30:33 PM
How i can put the Permissions Info after the quick reply?

Add the codes to the end of the Display.template.php file. I mean before the ?>.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

[SiNaN]

Quote from: NIBOGO on April 06, 2008, 07:14:17 PM
didnt work

and how i can for have a collapsable permissions info??

What happened when did you try it?

You should wait for the next version.

[SiNaN]

icon

collapse button not working to me >>updated version

Edit: how would I do so that it would show right below my quick reply box, and not above..

[SiNaN]

Quote from: icon on April 27, 2008, 10:09:13 AM
collapse button not working to me >>updated version

Edit: how would I do so that it would show right below my quick reply box, and not above..

What is the error you get?

Can you attach your Display.template.php file so that I can show it?

PatriiickEmin

// End Of Board Viewers Mod
//Permission Info Mod
$txt['permissions_info'] = 'Permissions';
$txt['post_new_topic_permission_yes'] = 'Vous <b>pouvez</b> poster de nouveaux sujets.';
$txt['post_new_topic_permission_no'] = 'Vous <b>ne pouvez pas</b> poster de nouveaux sujets.';
$txt['reply_permission_yes'] = 'Vous <b>pouvez</b> poster de nouvelles réponses.';
$txt['reply_permission_no'] = 'Vous <b>ne pouvez pas</b> poster de nouvelles réponses.';
$txt['attachment_permission_yes'] = 'Vous <b>pouvez</b> poster des pièces jointes.';
$txt['attachment_permission_no'] = 'Vous <b>ne pouvez pas</b> poster des pièces jointes.';
$txt['modify_permission_yes'] = 'Vous <b>pouvez</b> modifier vos messages.';
$txt['modify_permission_no'] = 'Vous <b>ne pouvez pas</b> modifier vos messages.';
$txt['bbc'] = 'BBCode';
$txt['smiley'] = 'Emoticônes';
$txt['img'] = '[img]';
$txt['html'] = 'HTML';
$txt['enabled'] = '<b>Activé</b>';
$txt['disabled'] = '<b>Désactivé</b>';
//Permission Info Mod

PatriiickEmin

Slight problem, it is displayed that my members cannot post replies but they actualy can... The error is only for members, the admin and guests have the right info dispayed.

PatriiickEmin

Found it! You have to replace the line:
         ', (allowedTo('post_reply')) ? $txt['reply_permission_yes'] : $txt['reply_permission_no'], '
by:
         ', (allowedTo('post_reply_any')) ? $txt['reply_permission_yes'] : $txt['reply_permission_no'], '
in Display.template.php

[SiNaN]

Thanks Patriick, I'll change it.

Burke ♞ Knight

Also have to change it on messageindex.template.php    :)

Burke ♞ Knight

Sinan old friend....

It seems we run into each other a lot, lately.

Another great Sinan mod. :)

Keep up the great work!

Lady Night Owl

The box won't collapse for me and I'm using version 1.1.

Also, when I try to put the Permissions Info box below the quick reply form (before the ?>), it ends up above the forum logo area. So I played around with it and discovered that I have to add the code before:

echo '
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=spellcheck" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" name="spell_form" id="spell_form" target="spellWindow"><input type="hidden" name="spellstring" value="" /></form>';
}
?>

It works now - below the quick reply area. :)
Running SMF 2.0.1

tlknowles

I just wanted to "Thanks SiNaN" for this very helpful Modification.

I also want to say that I downloaded the Mod Package after July 12th, 2008 from the SMF Mod site. After it was installed...I did noticed the display appeared as follows even though the Admin >> Permissions >> by Membergroup was correctly configured, and the membergroup WITH permissions to post replies actually could post replies...even though the display said they could not.

OLD DISPLAY

You can post new topics.                 [ This was a correct read-out. ]
You can't post replies.                     [ This was an incorrect read-out. ]
You can't post attachments.            [ This was a correct read-out. ]
You can modify your posts.              [ This was a correct read-out. ]

So...I also want to thank Patriiick and BurkeKnight for the quick and easy fix.

THANKS!
All is well and good now!

tlknowles

Current Installation
SMF 1.1.4 >> SMF 1.1.5 ( Default Theme )

aftab1003

i just install the code but information window is BLANK and it have colaps button and a devider line center of the box.

any help with this issue.

mod was installed nicely with 1 file skiping , may that was other langauge file.

[SiNaN]

Can you post a screenshot?

ke4obt

I didn't see this addressed, so I hope I'm the only one having this problem.  :(
I installed the Permisions Info mod with no errors, then when I refreshed my page I got a bunch of nonsense on the top of the page over the header block. I uninstalled the mod, refreshed my page and STILL get the mess at the top of the page.
The mess is: (also attached a screenshot, if it comes through ok)
//Permission Info Mod $txt['permissions_info'] = 'Permissions'; $txt['post_new_topic_permission_yes'] = 'You can post new topics.'; $txt['post_new_topic_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t post new topics.'; $txt['reply_permission_yes'] = 'You can post replies.'; $txt['reply_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t post replies.'; $txt['attachment_permission_yes'] = 'You can post attachments.'; $txt['attachment_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t post attachments.'; $txt['modify_permission_yes'] = 'You can modify your posts.'; $txt['modify_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t modify your posts.'; $txt['bbc'] = 'BBCode'; $txt['smiley'] = 'Smilies'; $txt['img'] = '[img]'; $txt['html'] = 'HTML'; $txt['enabled'] = 'Enabled'; $txt['disabled'] = 'Disabled'; //Permission Info Mod//Permission Info Mod $txt['permissions_info'] = 'Permissions'; $txt['post_new_topic_permission_yes'] = 'You can post new topics.'; $txt['post_new_topic_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t post new topics.'; $txt['reply_permission_yes'] = 'You can post replies.'; $txt['reply_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t post replies.'; $txt['attachment_permission_yes'] = 'You can post attachments.'; $txt['attachment_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t post attachments.'; $txt['modify_permission_yes'] = 'You can modify your posts.'; $txt['modify_permission_no'] = 'You can\'t modify your posts.'; $txt['bbc'] = 'BBCode'; $txt['smiley'] = 'Smilies'; $txt['img'] = '[img]'; $txt['html'] = 'HTML'; $txt['enabled'] = 'Enabled'; $txt['disabled'] = 'Disabled';

My other mods and the site seem to work fine except for all the extra mess at the top of the page.
I am blind, but when my wife came home from work, she went through the manual install instructions for the mod and basically worked her way backwards and removed the code that had been added to the files and still, the mess is there. She edited the following files - all from /themes/default:
index.template.php, Display.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php, also from /themes/default/languages the Modifications.english.php.
Where, oh where do I need to look to find the mess up??
We are definitely not programmers, so the easiest explanation is best. :)

Thanks in advance,
Flip

sorry it posted twice, had a problem with my browser - it said it didn't send it. I deleted the second post. Flip
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

Yes I am really a BLIND user!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
I will come begging for YOUR help since you wrote it and know how it works
um, uh, well,
At least I would really, really hope you do!
HEE-HEE-HEE

Advertisement: