Can someone try these on for size?

Started by [Unknown], January 01, 2005, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

Would somebody like to try out the wrapped/unwrapped selection in the config?

The attachment is [Unknown]'s ob version, with a few changes.  You will need to install the package from the first post before this will work.

[Unknown]

Correction: the package manager won't work within Mambo with *BADLY*/improperly written packages.  It should work fine with the package I attached.

-[Unknown]

crashdummy

hello Orstio and [Unknown],

i've just tested the ob component version (Orstion modification) with the packet manager(mambo intergration 1.0). at the first sight it works fine for example admin, login, and it also detects the right Itemid (wrapped and unwrapped), but when i post, logout, previous next....then the componnent breaks the Itemid and goes back to the smf root.

i've tried to modify LogInOut.php, but it isn't solve the problem:
redirectexit('action=mambo_logout');

apache 1.3.26
php 4.3.10
mysql 4.0.23

mambo 4.5.1a
smf 1.0.1

best regards
crash

Orstio

Quoteat the first sight it works fine for example admin, login, and it also detects the right Itemid (wrapped and unwrapped), but when i post, logout, previous next....then the componnent breaks the Itemid and goes back to the smf root.

Try installing the package through the stand-alone SMF.  I had that same problem with both this package, and the SMF 1.0.1 upgrade package:  If you install through the Mambo-wrapped forum, it says it installed successfully, but makes no modifications.

After I installed the package through the stand-alone SMF, it worked perfectly.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Orstio on January 17, 2005, 02:40:15 PM
Quoteat the first sight it works fine for example admin, login, and it also detects the right Itemid (wrapped and unwrapped), but when i post, logout, previous next....then the componnent breaks the Itemid and goes back to the smf root.

Try installing the package through the stand-alone SMF.  I had that same problem with both this package, and the SMF 1.0.1 upgrade package:  If you install through the Mambo-wrapped forum, it says it installed successfully, but makes no modifications.

After I installed the package through the stand-alone SMF, it worked perfectly.

It should definitely make the changes, since it should definitely use full paths.  The bridge doesn't change $boarddir, so it shouldn't matter...

Does chdir()'ing to the $boarddir and then back change that?

-[Unknown]

crashdummy

thank you Orstio for the quick reply! i'll take a took at that.

Orstio

QuoteIt should definitely make the changes, since it should definitely use full paths.  The bridge doesn't change $boarddir, so it shouldn't matter...

What's really odd is the fact that it thinks it is successful, but changes nothing....  ???

frankiejr

I noticed the same thing...the package didn't install correctly through the Package Manager when used through Mambo. I did it the regular way and it installed correctly.

However, I'm still having the problem where none of the error messages are wrapped in the Mambo template. It's damn ugly when i happens, too. [Unknown], this is supposed to be fixed in your customization of this component, correct?

I'm pretty sure I have everything installed correctly, as it seems to work as it should except for that.

.frankiejr

crashdummy

Quote from: OrstioAfter I installed the package through the stand-alone SMF, it worked perfectly.
that did the trick, Orstio!

everything works perfectly. thank you Orstio and [Unknown] to point me in the right direction!

however, there are two cosmetic problems:
1. the previous -- next
it seems to me it doesn't work correctly. for example, if you click again and again after that  it shows the unwrapped version.i think i'll get rid that out of the templates, 'cause in my opinion the function might not be plausibly, for example, at the end of the topics the link is still clickable!
2. the javascript option menu "Jump to:", but i think i know where i can modify that.

now it's very simple to use the brigde with the package manager modification. thank you both, Orstio and [Unknown] !.

best regards
crash

Slack

My SMF statistics are not being updated when new members register through the bridge - new topics and posts are being updated.  Any ideas of where to look for this problem?

xenovanis

Quote from: Slack on January 17, 2005, 06:44:01 PM
My SMF statistics are not being updated when new members register through the bridge - new topics and posts are being updated.  Any ideas of where to look for this problem?

Using the bridge v2.11 I have exactly the same problem.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

[Unknown]

Package manager works for me when wrapped.  Clicking the automatic update, however, didn't... but it wasn't that bad.

I made a few tweaks, including one that makes the auto update link work....

-[Unknown]

crashdummy

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 18, 2005, 05:05:20 AM
Package manager works for me when wrapped...
i can verify that and thank you ![Unknown]

guppy

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 17, 2005, 09:24:45 AM
Quote from: iwyen on January 17, 2005, 09:14:30 AM
for the "ob" version,
i tried to install the package but got an error
2: copy(/path_to_my_forum/index.php~) [<a href='http://www.php.net/function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to create stream: Permission denied
File: /path_to_my_forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1427
tried to read up this url from the package: http://mods.simplemachines.org/docs/manual-install.php
but it's not there..

Actually, it's not there.... yet.  Anyway, what you want to do is chmod your forum directory to 777.... or just turn off the option to create backup files.

-[Unknown]

pls bear with me, i haven't installed any package before

QuoteType Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Failure
2. Execute Modification ./index.php Success

(i see a backup file Subs.php~ created yesterday..)

I've tried the "latest" version posted by [Unknown] but I've only tried the logins/outs since I'm sill stuck there  >:(

For wrapped forum, login/out "anywhere" is working fine.

For the unwrapped forum, i still have problem getting the user menu to show up in mambo if i login from the unwrapped forum (using the normal login2) and I still get an error with mambo_login:
Quotemysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

BUT the unwrapped forum stopped showing errors wrapped in Mambo  ;D

My problems seem to be mine alone.. arghhh... maybe I'll go try it all over again on my offline installation over the weekend....  ;)

[Unknown]

Error?  And you have no other mods installed?

Are you sure you're using 1.0.1?  Can you try uploading a clean version of "Sources/Subs.php" and "index.php" from the upgrade or install package, and then apply the package again?

-[Unknown]

guppy

did as told but got to manually chmod the files. got the package installed but still having the same problems with mambo_login

hmm.. maybe all the upgrading messed things up? i hope  :P i'll try a fresh smf and bridge installation

[Unknown]

Actually, maybe the FTP stuff is not working properly while wrapped, but I can't imagine why...

-[Unknown]

Kindred

[unknown]

that is exactly the issue...  the FTP information is not working.
I figure it's one main reason..
I have observed (in my case, of course)

-> The package manager only fails to install when a package is modifying the index.php file in the baseline SMF directory.

---> When the package manager tries to check index.php for modification, it looks at the mambo directory.  It asks for FTP information because the index.php is not editable...  and defaults to thexxx/mambo directory as the target.
However, despite being given correct FTP information... (and correcting the directory to point to smf) it gets stuck and continually comes back to the "need ftp info"...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

[Unknown]

Quote from: kindred on January 18, 2005, 09:27:28 AM
[unknown]

that is exactly the issue...  the FTP information is not working.
I figure it's one main reason..
I have observed (in my case, of course)

-> The package manager only fails to install when a package is modifying the index.php file in the baseline SMF directory.

---> When the package manager tries to check index.php for modification, it looks at the mambo directory.  It asks for FTP information because the index.php is not editable...  and defaults to thexxx/mambo directory as the target.
However, despite being given correct FTP information... (and correcting the directory to point to smf) it gets stuck and continually comes back to the "need ftp info"...

If the package is properly set up, it won't look at the wrong file.  However, to make a backup, the folder SMF is in needs to be writable.  That means:

forum <-- writable
forum/index.php <-- writable

Otherwise it can't make forum/index.php~ which doesn't yet exist.

If the package uses $boarddir/index.php as the filename, it WON'T try Mambo's index.php.  But, the FTP might get confused if you enter the wrong path.... most people do, and I've written now for 1.1 a routine to just login for you and DETECT the darn path.

Anyway, on most hosts set up with /home/username/public_html, your path will be "public_html/forum".

-[Unknown]

Kindred

[unknown],

my index.php is writeable...
my forum directory is writeable...

it's all pointing to the correct (and absolute) path...

yet the FTP thinks that index.php is in the mambo directory....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: