News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

improv

*HMPF*
Again,
too bad that Tiny Portal won't catch up that fast with SMF 2.0.
I can only wait,
either for an 1.1.4 version or Tiny Portal & SMF 2.0 ..
Ah well,
Grats that it got approved,
and grats with your awesome mod.

Fustrate

Thanks :) Hopefully TP gets updated before this one has do be downgraded...

And I'm working on a different way to do the karma box; it'll look the same, but have totally different coding behind it which should work better in all major browsers.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

LiamTheDuck

i think i went wrong making it into 1.1.4,
so its gonna take longer, sorry people :(
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

Fustrate

I'd just rather see it stay as 2.0-only, because of that exact reason.

1.4.0 will be uploaded in a few hours, by the way. It's done, but I'm on my iPod touch right now so I can't upload it right now.

EDIT: Got it uploaded :) if you are updating from 1.3.3, you will get errors! Just read what it says right under the red warning box for ax explanation of why five errors on RemoveTopic.php are perfectly fine.
Steven Hoffman

OblivionMage

Looks like an amazing mod, unfortunately my board is 1.1.4 and has alot of other mods installed (The theme(Mystic Jade)+tp wouldn't work in 2.0 would they?), so I can't really update to 2.0 just for this (Although I am tempted to).

[●ριмρєя12●] if you could get a 1.1.4 version out I would be eternally grateful ^^
My Sites: MMOqq - Guides, Programs, Discussion
Currently:
Completely redoing forums / site

Fustrate

Ya, you'd lose all currently installed mods :( but more and more mods are being updated for SMF 2.0 every day :D
Steven Hoffman

Eliana Tamerin

TP will not be updated for months, so until it is updated, it will not work with 2.0.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

OblivionMage

Well, I am still contemplating whether to do it. Do you lose any posts/threads when you upgrade? Would my theme still work? (I know TP wouldn't, but there is a non-tp version)
My Sites: MMOqq - Guides, Programs, Discussion
Currently:
Completely redoing forums / site

Fustrate

all posts and user data will remain, and it will attempt to upgrade your theme for you (emphasis on ATTEMPT)
Steven Hoffman

improv

Does the SMF 2.0 Beta has so many changes from 1.1.4 ?

If it doesn't has much changes I might take a look to convert your advanced reputation system
for 1.1.4 ( if allowed, and under those conditions).

LiamTheDuck

Well, im now converting to 1.1.4 and its not as easy as you think downgrading it, i have upgraded, never downgraded :P

There are quite a few new features like the advanced admin settings, moderation tabs, WYSWIG post editor(<3 it!), it ATTEMPTS to install mods on other themes and your old theme from any other version.

Its also Very reliable in my point of veiw, go and give it a try in a test forum!
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

improv

I'm on it too (trying to convert it for smf 1.1.4).

Edit : oh crap, I'm bad with databases :/

Erbros

I'm not sure, but I think there is a error when you add a reputation, write a comment and then you go to the profile and look at the comment, then the link don't work.

PS: Got search-engine friendlines on.

CrabbyHost

I installed this on my test forum and everything went smooth.

I installed it on my live forum a few minutes ago and it's throwing all sorts of 500 errors.

When I first installed, it said error line 235 Source/ManageMaintenance.php
On that line I found an extra */  which I removed and the forum came back.

Now I have two hearts and if you click to give rep, when you hit submit, it throws a 500 error.

It's doing the same thing now when I try to track an IP address and it wasn't before.

Any clues what's going on?

Edit to add:

Also just discovered can't view any Profiles (even admins).  When I try uninstalling it, it's breaking the whole forum with an error in Source/ManageMaintenance.php line 1396  (which I looked at and had no clue what was wrong).

CrabbyHost

Not sure what happened.  Uninstalled, reinstalled repeatedly and everything appears to be back to normal.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

YodaOfDarkness, lol congrats on a very good mod.. i installed to the public beta, with zero errors, but that was befor the update.. what do you recommend on this newer one to get it up and take out the older version??

and thank you again, this is just what smf needed!!  :D
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Fustrate

Just upload the new package, same as before, but remember that you wil most likely see (five?) errors when it installs... that's just to fix a stupid mistake I made.
Steven Hoffman

Smoky "Rider" Blue

currently, it isnt a live forum so i could just overwrite the whole thing, and maybe i wont get those 5 errors Yoda!!   :P just a happy thought.. when i get some time to tinker with it, will post back on the mod.. thanks again for your time in creating it..  ;) hope you will have more goodies in store..  :D
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

ekfaysal

any theme edits?
package phraser gave me error.
please provide theme edits

Advertisement: