News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDisturbedOne

Quote from: robbie93 on March 19, 2009, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: TheDisturbedOne on March 19, 2009, 06:13:35 PM
Quote from: robbie93 on March 19, 2009, 05:32:34 PM
Houston,  we have a problem. :D

When hotchildxox is logged into the forum she doesnt see the little blue heart to + rep,  but only under my name,  she can see everyone else's heart ;D

Ok,  but when I log in as hotchildxox and go to one of my posts I can see the little blue heart :P

Any ideas why this is happening?  I have screen shot the two instances ;D
Because you shouldn't be able to rep yourself!

I am not trying to rep myself,  hotchildxox is trying to rep me but cant see the heart to do so,  yet when I log in as her I can see the heart to rep me.
To clarify...  When hotchild logs in she cannot see the heart under robbie93's name.
But when I log in to the site using hotchildxox's log in details and go to one of my posts ( robbie93 ) then I can see the heart to rep.
Oh, I see now.  what browser is she using.  Also have her do a hard refresh.

robbie93

She is using chrome I logged in with her details using chrome and I saw the heart :o

A hard refresh makes no difference either,  any ideas?

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

StarChildxox

Has anyone ever experienced this problem?  Strange isn't it?  That's why we brought
you the screenshots?  Oh and I did use two other browsers, I had the same thing happen?

Thanks
                                                       O:)
                                                 hotchildxox

xxxbbs site

In my forum, user must have 3 Karma to see the hidden post. So they must post some good topic to earn some karma. But some user register multy accout to give himself karma. So I need a better karma system.

If someone have 2 karma and he give 1 to another person, his karma will be 1.
No one can give another person a karma when his karma is below 1. So karma is precious. But registering multy accout to give karma made it useless

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: Fustrate on March 17, 2009, 10:07:39 PM
ModSettings fails for no reason, and you can let it just do that. You'll need to make the edits to Display.template.php yourself, if you know how.
Could not edit Display.template.php myself  :-[.  I am attaching it here:

Fustrate

Try this, AlreeGator.

and eNOOBz, if you see this, try running the attacked GiveReputation.php and tell me if you get any errors.
Steven Hoffman

eNOOBz

I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_INCLUDE_ONCE in /public_html/limbang/forum/GiveReputation.php on line 1

Waiting for your respond. Thanks.

b0dyr0ck2006

Is there any way of porting previous Karma levels across to this new system?

My user's have gained various levels of Karma for posting etc and would be a bit of a pita to edit each users rep level to represent their previous Karma.
Why don't you check out my site: www.swapsiesuk.co.uk

Why Shop when you can Swap?!

StarChildxox

Quote from: hotchildxox on March 19, 2009, 07:45:23 PM
Has anyone ever experienced this problem?  Strange isn't it?  That's why we brought
you the screenshots?  Oh and I did use two other browsers, I had the same thing happen?

Thanks
                                                 hotchildxox

Back to my question?  Um just wanted you to know I figured it out myself, and I can see his
heart now and give him rep....   Thanx for the help though.  :)

Thanks
                                                 hotchildxox

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: Fustrate on March 20, 2009, 02:57:39 AM
Try this, AlreeGator.

and eNOOBz, if you see this, try running the attacked GiveReputation.php and tell me if you get any errors.

I get this now:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'main' template.

EDIT:  I now have NO reputation system nor karma! >:(

char39

Can you please tell me where I would need to change the wording in the pop up box?  Thank you!

b0dyr0ck2006

When I run the GiveReputation.php file all I get is a Blank screen.

I'm running 1.1.8
Why don't you check out my site: www.swapsiesuk.co.uk

Why Shop when you can Swap?!

Fustrate

tangerine: try index.english.php, or Modifications.english.php

GiveReputation.php is being worked on... I'm finishing up an old mod, and then I'll get to it.

AlreeGator: I saved it with Mac linebreaks instead of Windows (which servers like better). Here it is.
Steven Hoffman

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: Fustrate on March 23, 2009, 06:26:56 PM
tangerine: try index.english.php, or Modifications.english.php

GiveReputation.php is being worked on... I'm finishing up an old mod, and then I'll get to it.

AlreeGator: I saved it with Mac linebreaks instead of Windows (which servers like better). Here it is.
That worked better somewhat.

I tried to give rep and got this:
QuoteDatabase Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Best in 2009?')' at line 4
File: /home/content/p/a/l/palmbeachpreps/html/Sources/Karma.php
Line: 368

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.8, while your database is at version 1.1.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
and my board now looks like this: EDIT: removed the screenshot.  i figured out that it was the shoutbox distorting the view, but i would rather have this mod working correctly than a shoutbox.  thanks for your assistance!  :D  Now if i could just get rid of that error above.  ;)

Fustrate

what was the message you were trying to send? I think I know why it did that... but I want to make sure.
Steven Hoffman

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: Fustrate on March 23, 2009, 11:08:36 PM
what was the message you were trying to send? I think I know why it did that... but I want to make sure.
I attempted to give rep to a poster.

Fustrate

It looks like the comment was the problem. Did it have an apostrophe in it?
Steven Hoffman

PalmBeachPreps

yes. its working good now (great mod!), thanks for all of your help!

one more question:  when you give rep to someone, why do you have to scroll to the top of the screen in order to comment?  the comment popup automatically goes to the top.

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: