Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacheon

All right, I waited a while to see if I could find any obvious flaws, and I can't-- none at all!  Thank you very much for all your help, this is a great mod.

One tiny little question, though:  What can I modify to change "Reputation" to, say, "Honor"?  Can I do that using another SQL query, or must I change the files manually?

Fustrate

look at the end of the package's install.xml for all of the language strings... there are quite a few to change.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Tacheon

Quote from: Fustrate on May 07, 2009, 02:47:13 AM
look at the end of the package's install.xml for all of the language strings... there are quite a few to change.

Thanks again!  :D

MatrixIS

i installed this on the extreame 6 theme , installed with errors , doesnt seem to be working right , check out my site ptctalk.co.za , i dont really know how to explain it

Fustrate

What were the specific errors? Were they just in your theme's files?
Steven Hoffman

MatrixIS

Quote from: Fustrate on May 07, 2009, 02:49:08 PM
What were the specific errors? Were they just in your theme's files?

the errors were in:
   ./Sources/Display.php - 1 error

./Themes/default/Display.template.php - 2 errors

theme i use -----> ./Themes/extreme61/Display.template.php - all files had a error

Enders

I've installed this mod successfully and it was the first mod i've installed. However, there is no way to give out reputation nor does the reputation # updates. Any idea?

Tacheon

Quote from: Enders on May 08, 2009, 12:02:00 AM
I've installed this mod successfully and it was the first mod i've installed. However, there is no way to give out reputation nor does the reputation # updates. Any idea?

If I may be so bold as to try to answer, is it the reputation number that doesn't update, or the rep power?  Rep power increases, by default, by 1 for every 100 reputation.

Also, the +rep location has been moved from right under the rep amount, to down in the AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc. information.

Tyrsson

Hey Fustrate,

I think I found a bug.

In the first edit in the display template for 2.0Rc1 its adding this:

<span id="reputation_menu" style="visibility: hidden; display: none;">

But should be:

<span id="reputation_menu" style="visibility: hidden; display: none;"></span>
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

Hi Fustrate,

now I have vbgamer45's Download System installed, when an item is uploaded to the system it generates a new topic which is automaticlly posted in the approriate board with the details but these topics do not add points to the reputation system, how would I go about getting the new topic points added to the rep system as if it was any other new topic?

Will this be intergrated with any other system in the future? I'd like to be able to give members point for the images the upload to SMF Gallery.

Tyrsson

Quote from: Tyrsson on May 08, 2009, 04:14:29 AM
Hey Fustrate,

I think I found a bug.

In the first edit in the display template for 2.0Rc1 its adding this:

<span id="reputation_menu" style="visibility: hidden; display: none;">

But should be:

<span id="reputation_menu" style="visibility: hidden; display: none;"></span>
Disregard this one :)
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Fustrate

MatrixIS - You'll need to do any failed edits by hand.

The_Wii_Nes_Boy - you have to ask him if there's a setting to add karma for each uploaded item, and then change that portion of the code to use $modSettings['karmaValueThread'] instead of 100 or whatever it is.
Steven Hoffman

The_Wii_Nes_Boy

Enders

Quote from: Tacheon on May 08, 2009, 02:38:49 AM
Quote from: Enders on May 08, 2009, 12:02:00 AM

If I may be so bold as to try to answer, is it the reputation number that doesn't update, or the rep power?  Rep power increases, by default, by 1 for every 100 reputation.

Also, the +rep location has been moved from right under the rep amount, to down in the AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc. information.

There is no image / anything to add reputation on the default theme or any other themes o.o. Also,  " Reputation Power: 0 " doesn't change in the post display.. or does that only display how many reps someone gave them? It does however show in the simpleportal block  "Reputation: 51"

I've also checked if all edits were made and they have o.o

Lex-BY

Hello. :)
I have translated this wonderful mod to the Russian language.
Based on official Russian localization of SMF v1-1-8.
Translation is in attach.

BtW... Under SMF 1.1.8 there are no such strings in ModSettings.english.php:

$txt['core_settings_item_k'] = 'Karma';
$txt['core_settings_item_k_desc'] = 'Karma is a feature that shows the popularity of a member. Members, if allowed, can \'applaud\' or \'smite\' other members, which is how their popularity is calculated.';

So fix your package.

Invidia

Hello,

i installed Your mod and i have a problem. When I click "add reputaion" on default theme all is ok. When I do it again on other theme i don't see a popup box. So.. what should I modify if I want delete popup box, and add reputation box on new page?

sorry for english.

SolidSnake2003

When I click on "View Reputation, I can't view anything.  It comes up "An Error Occured", and then the message is blank

Edit: Please forgive this needless post, I forgot to turn it on  :o

ItsNatalie

Quote from: robbie93 on March 31, 2009, 03:58:10 PM
Hi ItsNatalie you need to edit you're themes style.css  ;D

With this

.repbars img
{
   padding: 0 1px 0 0;
}

#reputation_menu{
   position: absolute;
   border: 1px solid black;
   z-index: 100;
}

right before this

?> 

Then the pop up will work in the proper way :D

I installed a new theme (Error) and am having the same issue. However the fix that worked last time (quoted above) isn't working for me now. I added the code to the end of my style.css file and the reputation box still pops up at the top of the screen.

Fustrate

Try doing a hard refresh - shift-ctrl-r (shift-cmd-r on a mac) and see if that helps.

I'll work on the larger issues when my History final is over tomorrow.
Steven Hoffman

ItsNatalie

Quote from: Fustrate on May 12, 2009, 04:42:38 PM
Try doing a hard refresh - shift-ctrl-r (shift-cmd-r on a mac) and see if that helps.

I'll work on the larger issues when my History final is over tomorrow.

No luck.

Advertisement: