News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustrate

If you're on SMF 1.1.8, you always have to do manual theme edits. If you're on 2.0, there should be a bar at the bottom of the install screen that, when expanded, lists your other themes with check boxes.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

madglee

Oh, I'm on 1.1.8, so I have to do manual edits.

Everything seems to be working with no modification, as long as I add the images to the theme, except that there is no way to subtract reputation.

Also:
Is there some way to put the images directly below the Reputation Power so that they're obvious?

Is there some way to make the administrator immune to having to wait an hour (the box IS unchecked in the options) or having to rep some amount of people.

The javascript popup does not work for me with FF3, Safari, or Chrome. I even tried turning off popup blockers, but that doesn't do anything. It just goes to another page, instead.

I did follow the instructions and check everything that was supposed to be checked.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

ItsNatalie

I'm using SMF 1.1.8. and I'm only able to read the first page when I click "view reputation", there are two more pages. Any ideas?

Fustrate

ItsNatalie - So the pagination at the bottom shows 1 2 3 but the second two don't do anything?

madglee -
QuoteIs there some way to put the images directly below the Reputation Power so that they're obvious?
You just need to rearrange it in the Display.template.php file.
QuoteIs there some way to make the administrator immune to having to wait an hour (the box IS unchecked in the options) or having to rep some amount of people.
You'd have to edit the /Sources/Karma.php file - attach it here and I'll make the edits.
QuoteThe javascript popup does not work for me with FF3, Safari, or Chrome. I even tried turning off popup blockers, but that doesn't do anything. It just goes to another page, instead.
Do a hard refresh (ctrl-shift-r or smd-shift-r on a mac), and if that doesn't work, make sure your theme's script.js file was edited correctly.
Steven Hoffman

madglee

Is there some way to put the images directly below the Reputation Power so that they're obvious?
You just need to rearrange it in the Display.template.php file.
Okay, I'll try to figure that out.

QuoteIs there some way to make the administrator immune to having to wait an hour (the box IS unchecked in the options) or having to rep some amount of people.
You'd have to edit the /Sources/Karma.php file - attach it here and I'll make the edits.
Attached.
QuoteThe javascript popup does not work for me with FF3, Safari, or Chrome. I even tried turning off popup blockers, but that doesn't do anything. It just goes to another page, instead.
Do a hard refresh (ctrl-shift-r or smd-shift-r on a mac), and if that doesn't work, make sure your theme's script.js file was edited correctly.
After doing a ctrl-shift-r, it no longer goes to another page, and it makes the little box, but it puts it at the very top of the page; it's still not a pop-up and it doesn't automatically scroll to it; I had to scroll up to find it. Hmm. I found another post and pasted

.repbars img
{
   padding: 0 1px 0 0;
}

#reputation_menu{
   position: absolute;
   border: 1px solid black;
   z-index: 100;
}
  into my stylesheet and that fixed that issue.

I attached the Karma.php file and the default theme's script.js file - Even with the default theme it doesn't work for me, and my Streamline theme doesn't have any such script.js file anyway. The default one appears to have added in what you'd specified in the parser.

I still don't see any negative rep ability, unless clicking that heart and then hitting "disagree" is supposed to be negative rep.

Thanks so much for your help.

ItsNatalie

Quote from: Fustrate on May 17, 2009, 05:13:16 PM
ItsNatalie - So the pagination at the bottom shows 1 2 3 but the second two don't do anything?

Exactly. Clicking the last two bring me back to the profile summary, not the list of reputation.

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

ItsNatalie

Quote from: Fustrate on May 17, 2009, 07:04:53 PM
so the view page is sa= but the links go to area=?

I'm admittedly confused by the question.  :-[

ოկtђ

I would like permission to translate this mod  into Turkish.

Maxtor

Errors while setup:

10. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test failed

and then:

Database Error
Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists
File: /home/maxt0ras/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 126

Fustrate

Quote from: ItsNatalie on May 18, 2009, 12:33:11 PM
so the view page is sa= but the links go to area=?

I'm admittedly confused by the question.  :-[
I found the problem and will release an upgrade in a few hours when I get home from work.
Quote from: Mythcomeback | Burak on May 19, 2009, 07:45:57 AM
I would like permission to translate this mod  into Turkish.
That would be awesome :)
Quote from: maxtor on May 19, 2009, 08:53:30 AM
Errors while setup:

and then:

Database Error
Do you have any other karma mods installed? This doesn't play nicely with anything else that touches the karma system.
Steven Hoffman

Maxtor

Quote from: maxtor on May 19, 2009, 08:53:30 AM
Errors while setup:

and then:

Database Error
Do you have any other karma mods installed? This doesn't play nicely with anything else that touches the karma system.

Yes Karma Description Mod .  i have uninstalled it successfully and i still get this error.

Sudhakar Arjunan

HI Fustrate ,

We are working with the below url.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=230676.msg2004743#msg2004743

Today i have tried to clean up my forum.

I had two packages, one said 1.7.4 and one said 1.7.3

I have uninstalled 1.7.4, it showed me some error on stats.template page.

After uninstall, i have manually edited those lines carefully by checking the parse on smf site.

Now on the browse package , there are three mods,

40.     Advanced Reputation System  1.7.4      [ Upgrade ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
41.    Advanced Reputation System    1.7.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

When i click upgrade, or uninstall.

All showing Test Failed.

What i have to do now.

---------------- Error logs shows ---------

http://siteforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Database Error: Unknown column 'mem.karma_disabled' in 'field list'
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1023

------------ I have cleared the error log, just went to load.php and removed  'mem.karma_disabled,'---

But what we could do about the uninstall issue.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

ოկtђ

Turkish translate is in attach.Based on official turkish localization of SMF 2.0 RC1

Fustrate

The zip file doesn't seem to work... can you post each of the files as attachments instead maybe?
Steven Hoffman

Sudhakar Arjunan

Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Fustrate

Quote from: lazanya on May 21, 2009, 05:28:06 AM
where is the mod? there isn't a file here, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1129
The mod site was broken by the upgrade to 2.0 RC1-1.

A.SK - if it's doing that, I'd suggest manually uninstalling (and running the uninstall script from the package) and just clicking [Delete] there, and then installing 1.7.4
Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: