Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyzer

Yes glennk, i can see how that could be very usefull, but im not going to go and get too into the rep system untill i get more people on my forum.
I just need the (not need 100 rep for 1 rep power, starting with 100 is stupid xD) and then the rep ranks and im done with all my mods :D
Runic WoW World of Warcraft Gaming Forums

NekoChrissy

I'm having an error when trying to uninstall the Advanced Reputation System:

Can't DROP 'karma_disabled'; check that column/key exists
File: /home2/tooncham/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/uninstall.php
Line: 29

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.9, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

It won't let me remove the mod.

Kyzer

Have you tried updating to 1.1.9 again? if so, you might have to uninstall manually. Use the manual installation on the mods page, and do it backwards.

NekoChrissy

I've tried re-upgrading, but it didn't seem to solve the problem. If I remove the default theme would that work because I'm having trouble finding what I need to remove.

Like, it mentions templates that the default theme doesn't have. So there is nothing to remove.

Kyzer

Not sure, it could be your custom template, it could be a 1.1.5 theme your using with 1.1.9?

NekoChrissy

The SMF Default Theme - Core is 1.1.5 so maybe I should get an updated version of the core default theme? Currently, the forum uses Passion.

Kyzer

That might have something to do with it, you might have to download and replace the default theme.

Kyzer

Sorry for double post,

Can someone please help me with this? I need to be able to give reputation with 0 reputation, and then get one rep power for every 100 rep, ( which is default already) can someone do this for me?

_Anthony_

Quote from: Kyzer on June 21, 2009, 09:39:19 PM
Sorry for double post,

Can someone please help me with this? I need to be able to give reputation with 0 reputation, and then get one rep power for every 100 rep, ( which is default already) can someone do this for me?
What exactly do you want to be able to give rep with 0 rep for?

Kyzer

Im sorry i ment 1 rep.

How will members get reputation if no one can give rep? Because if you get one rep power every 100 rep. Its stupid to start out with 100 rep, and if i make it so you only need 1 rep, everyone will get tons of rep power.

DELHI_BOY

I am using smf 1.1.9 with ReDark theme. I try to install this but i am getting this msg after clicking on "Apply Mod"

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

Kyzer

You might try emulating SMF Version 1.1.8 in the package manager.

Bruno36

Hello!

When I give reputation points to a user are counter remains at 0
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Paracelsus

I'm having trouble understanding this MOD.

Let's see

- Users get points which translate into "reputation power" (which can be also represented in green bars)
- These points are obtained by posting regular posts or topics (and we can change how many points per post or per topic)
- These points can also be obtained if a user gets +Rep from another user (I assume it is just 1 point per +Rep because it doesn't say anywhere)

Is this interpretation correct? ???

djadoel

Help.. i'm install advance rep system 0.1.3 without uninstal 0.1.1 ... after that, i can't acces profile on my forum, any profil... this is showing like this :\

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare reputation() (previously declared in /home/nimbuzze/public_html/Sources/Profile.php:3035) in /home/nimbuzze/public_html/Sources/Profile.php on line 3279

And if i try to unistal it showing :

Quote1.     Execute Code     uninstall.php     
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Stats.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/script.js    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Karma.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
14.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageServer.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
16.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
17.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
18.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/RemoveTopic.php    Test successful
19.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Stats.php    Test successful
20.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Members.php    Test successful
21.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
22.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
23.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test successful
24.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php    Test successful
25.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
26.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.english.php    Test successful
27.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.english.php    Test successful
28.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
29.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
30.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
31.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
32.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
33.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
34.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
35.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
36.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
37.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian.php    Skipping file
38.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.russian.php    Skipping file
39.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.russian.php    Skipping file
40.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.russian.php    Skipping file
41.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.russian.php    Skipping file
42.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.russian.php    Skipping file
43.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.russian.php    Skipping file
44.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian.php    Skipping file
45.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
46.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
47.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
48.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
49.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
50.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Reports.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
51.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Stats.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
52.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.russian-utf8.php    Skipping file
53.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/Karma.template.php    
54.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/karma.gif    
55.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaBad_basic.gif    
56.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaGood_basic.gif    
57.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaBad_super.gif    
58.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/karmaGood_super.gif    
59.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/karma_disabled_basic.gif

Please some one help me, my forum at : hxxp:nimbuzzer.net [nonactive] , u can log in with username : nimbuzz , password : nimbuzz

thx for your helping :)

AngelikaCourtois

Situation:

I installed the MOD on SMF 1.1.9 and it works great *kudos*. Set the rep preferences based on post count as I should, how many times someone can rep someone, etc

All I need to really know is how many rep points a person gives when they rep someone.

I assume its NOT based on the number I have in the post count (rep points based on posts or topics).

Summary of question:

How many rep points does a person receive when they are being repped by another member?

Thank you in advance,

Angelika

Paracelsus

I got that part by now: you get the same amount of rep of the one who gives.

For example:

Giver: 10 Rep Power
Receiver: 2 Rep Power

Result:
Receiver: 12 Rep Power

What I think is flawed in this method is that it is easily abused even with the options to limit the amount of times someone reps another and how many people have to be repped before you rep the same person. It would be better if there was some kind of algorithm that could be tuned instead of just giving out our rep points and feed a sort of piramidal game.

AngelikaCourtois

Paracelsus,

I actually have had broads that use a rep system, and I have never run into issues with abuse *thankfully so*.

With SMF and the mod, I have it set to minimize mayhem:

• Welcome new members with how many points? 0
  • How many times a day can a person give reputation? 10
  • How many people does a user have to give reputation to before they can repeat a person? 3

I will eventually disable the points per post and points per thread since I use the star system for posts and here is where I see possible abuse: posting one-liners just to get points and starting threads just to get them too (put thats another issue altogether).

Thank you for explaining the points per poster.

Now ... can someone point me to the MOD or area/thread where I can find out about adding the MOD that allows you to have the Font Face drop-down menu like we have here when we post?

Danke,

Angelika

Quote from: Paracelsus on June 26, 2009, 11:38:31 AM
I got that part by now: you get the same amount of rep of the one who gives.

For example:

Receiver: 2 Rep Power

Result:
Receiver: 12 Rep Power

What I think is flawed in this method is that it is easily abused even with the options to limit the amount of times someone reps another and how many people have to be repped before you rep the same person. It would be better if there was some kind of algorithm that could be tuned instead of just giving out our rep points and feed a sort of piramidal game.

alan081954

I looked through all of the post's here...........did I miss where the standard settings are for setting up the rep system? ie 1 per day ,how many times, there are about 10 options, I just want to set it up for general use for when someone makes a trade with someone else to help make them a legit trader. Also I would like to change the general message from (What do you think of this post) to something else.

Paracelsus

Quote from: AngelikaCourtois on June 26, 2009, 11:59:42 AM
Paracelsus,

I actually have had broads that use a rep system, and I have never run into issues with abuse *thankfully so*.

With SMF and the mod, I have it set to minimize mayhem:

• Welcome new members with how many points? 0
  • How many times a day can a person give reputation? 10
  • How many people does a user have to give reputation to before they can repeat a person? 3

I will eventually disable the points per post and points per thread since I use the star system for posts and here is where I see possible abuse: posting one-liners just to get points and starting threads just to get them too (put thats another issue altogether).

Thank you for explaining the points per poster.

I understand your explanation, but imagine this:

Member A is one hell of a poster ;D and have a huge Rep Power, let's say 40, compared to 90% of the other members that have between 0 and 2. Then there's member B which is a novice that has Rep Power 0. Member A decides to applaud a post from member B. The result is that member B gets 40 Rep Power in a single vote and becomes one of the most Reputated members of that forum because of a single post that the member A decided to applaud, even though member B hasn't done anything special to deserve that reputation.

I think that there should be a limit to how much you can give in Reputation, even if you have a huge Rep Power. Join date, number of total applauds or smites, number of posts, etc should be taken into account to those that receive Reputation in order to "buffer" the system, otherwise my feeling is that it will just increase and increase with no real control.

Advertisement: