Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelikaCourtois

That is because I am the Admin, have staff and delegate this sort of thing. Staff needs to know, no? *smiles* I am having all my staff join here so they can learn, educate themselves ...etc.

On that note ... lets do this ....

Settings:
How many points per post? 1
How many points per thread? 3
Users gain 1 power for every __ points? 50
Users gain 1 bar image for every __ points? 1000
Welcome new members with how many points? 10
How many times a day can a person give reputation? 10
How many people does a user have to give reputation to before they can repeat a person? 3

The above does not explain the scenario Aryon posted ... so let ME ask:

I gave myself 10,000 points in my profile, got 199 rep power, made a post, as you see from above, that gave me 10,001 ... it moved me to 200 rep power ... and now I repped a staff member and their rep power moved from 2 to 6 .... why the 4 jump?

Angelika

Quote from: Thenewguy2009 on June 29, 2009, 02:15:59 AM
Quote from: Aryon on June 29, 2009, 01:54:11 AM
Quote from: Thenewguy2009 on June 29, 2009, 01:36:25 AM
well that is all controled in the admin control panel. 

We do appreciate that it is controlled in the admin control panel ... however, that is not precisely what I am looking for. I would like an outline that will inform our staff in case any of our members inquire ... based on the scenario above:

10000 points = 199 reputation power = ??

how much reputation power does the next person she reps get.

I mean ... why 4, it does not appear to be logical.

Logic would indicate:
10000 points = 199 rep power = 1 rep
10001= 200=2
etc., etc.

Thanks in advance.

~ Aryon

Aryon..all that is set in the admin control panel.  Why you set up:

why 4, it does not appear to be logical

or

10000 points = 199 rep power = 1 rep
10001= 200=2
etc., etc.

That is up to you. 

Maybe make a sticky post and detail how the system works according to your settings.  All that is set in admin cp and why its configured that way on your forum is up to you.  Why dont you ask the admin, since your just the global mod to explain it?

Thenewguy2009

Well you giving yourself 10k mathes up to what you should get according to your settings.  You made a post, it bumps up in accordance. 

How much did you rep them?

AngelikaCourtois

Exactly, everything makes sense (and is logical) until I repped and it bumped them up 4.

Repping (leaving a rep) does not allow you to give anything but a comment. So I did not give them any numerical rep ... only text "i.e. good job" ... clicked submit, saw the page refresh, and swoosh, they went from 2 to 6 rep power.

So, why did they move from 2 to  6? ... why the jump by 4?

Angelika

Quote from: Thenewguy2009 on June 29, 2009, 02:40:55 AM

Well you giving yourself 10k mathes up to what you should get according to your settings.  You made a post, it bumps up in accordance. 

How much did you rep them?

neteater

Quote from: neteater on June 28, 2009, 04:29:50 AM
i am getting this error reputation is printed many times attached thubnails
any update for me

CyprusGrump

Quote from: Thenewguy2009 on June 27, 2009, 11:48:05 AM
Getting this error code and I believe its from this mod. 

When I go to remove a topic, Im getting this error code.   Im hoping im just missing a squiggly or something.  Can someone figure this out?

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

File: /home/content/t/e/t/test/html/Sources/RemoveTopic.php
Line: 242

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.9, while your database is at version 1.1.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Attached is my removetopic.php
I've just installed and get the same error...  :(
I suppose I should put something in my signature shouldn't I?

CyprusGrump

Sorry, Having re-read it...

I actually get the following message when I try to click the 'submit' button...

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's all new Bulletins from Scotland thread')' at line 4
File: /vhost/vhost6/v/i/r/virtual-pub.com/www/SMF/Sources/Karma.php
Line: 370

Fustrate

neteater - you need to upload the 5 images from the package to your theme's /images/ folder.

CyprusGrump - are you using the most recent version of the rep system for 1.1.x? That problem was fixed, iirc.

Angelika/Aryon - Since Angelika has 200 power, that means that whoever she sends rep to gets 200 points. 200 points divided by the "50 points per power" in your settings equals 4 power that they'll receive. If you look at their points, they went up by 200.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

CyprusGrump

Quote from: Fustrate on June 29, 2009, 11:44:04 AM

CyprusGrump - are you using the most recent version of the rep system for 1.1.x? That problem was fixed, iirc.
Thanks for your reply...

I just downloaded it... reputation_1-1-x_0-1-3.zip

That must be the current version...?

CyprusGrump

AngelikaCourtois

Fustrate,

Perfect - thank you

Angelika

neteater - you need to upload the 5 images from the package to your theme's /images/ folder.

Angelika/Aryon - Since Angelika has 200 power, that means that whoever she sends rep to gets 200 points. 200 points divided by the "50 points per power" in your settings equals 4 power that they'll receive. If you look at their points, they went up by 200.

Chaos Dragon

I looked through the posts but didn't find it so I'll go ahead and ask.
Is there a way to add more bars(levels) to this mod? I would definitely like to have more than 12 bars!
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
"Don't give up! Otherwise you do not win and nothing gets accomplished!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

neteater

sorry i cant understand which five images

Chaos Dragon

neteater
He Means move these images to your respectful themes image folder........
   karma.gif   
   karma_bad_basic.gif   
   karma_bad_super.gif   
   karma_disabled_basic.gif   
   karma_good_basic.gif   
   karma_good_super.gif

eg. ./Themes/default/images
or ./Themes/baylon/images
or .Themes/YourCustomtheme/images
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
"Don't give up! Otherwise you do not win and nothing gets accomplished!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

CyprusGrump

It has stopped working again... indeed, I'm not convinced it ever worked as it should - could somebody have a look for me please?

www.virtual-pub.com

I'm getting this error message again: -

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's all new Bulletins from Scotland thread')' at line 4
File: /vhost/vhost6/v/i/r/virtual-pub.com/www/SMF/Sources/Karma.php
Line: 370

Also, I can't change the labels to smite and applaud....

Also (sorry for so many alsos) I can't get the Givereputation.php script to run so the whole thing is rather meaningless at the moment...

Thanks!

PS I'm running 1.1.9 with few other mods...

netoya

Having successfully installed the mod on my 1.1.9, without errors, but after turning on, I do not see how to change reputation or comment post. I only see an image near avatar image, the premission enabled for groups, but login like admin i cant find how to change reputation.

CyprusGrump

Quote from: netoya on June 30, 2009, 03:52:09 AM
Having successfully installed the mod on my 1.1.9, without errors, but after turning on, I do not see how to change reputation or comment post. I only see an image near avatar image, the premission enabled for groups, but login like admin i cant find how to change reputation.
Can you not see the little heart - I have that...

CyprusGrump

netoya

I found my problem, it becouse of my custom theme, so i manualy moved the code of changing reputation under the image of rep.

netoya

But now i have another problem, reputation page in profile have a broken template
the percentage of the colums is not right, and the page goes far to the right side

I edited the profile tamplate, but can't solve it

Up. Solved, edited style.css

Advertisement: