News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustrate

punktravis - if you know how to use phpmyadmin, can you look at the karma table and list what columns are there, and which one it says is primary (should be underlined or bolded)?

mrtrc - that's usually caused by a corrupted cache directory, all you have to do to fix that is delete that file from /cache/

biohazardjoker - see what I said to h4nbury above ^

D0CT0R - are they using a different theme? did you enable Reputation in the mod panel? did they do a hard refresh (ctrl-shift-r or cmd-shift-r)?

improv - There's a tool to give them reputation based on past posts and topics, if you'd like to use that. It's probably the best way to jump-start a reputation system. If you want to, upload GiveReputation.php (available on the mod's page) to your forum's directory, and go to it in your browser.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Mynamehere

Requesting assistance:

I have installed 0.1.3 on my SMF1.1.9
I have set the permissions in all usergroups (+rep, -rep, del rep for mods)
I have enabled reputation in the configuration tab.

I am using the default template, allthough I have changed the colors a bit.

I am unable to give or receive rep, despite being way over the minimum postcount myself....

Fustrate

Use the little heart icon in a post

if you can't see it, press ctrl-shift-r or cmd-shift-r
Steven Hoffman

punktravis182

Quote from: Fustrate on July 08, 2009, 02:12:39 PM
punktravis - if you know how to use phpmyadmin, can you look at the karma table and list what columns are there, and which one it says is primary (should be underlined or bolded)?

here are the 2 tables i found on Phpmyadmin.

Smf_log_Karma
http://i30.tinypic.com/o5sysk.jpg

Smf_limit_karma
http://i31.tinypic.com/v7qbux.jpg

improv

I recently wanted to install this mod too, yet I received the same errors as punktravis182 did.

Fustrate

Oh boy, this is gonna be tough... I'm going to send a message to grek_kamchatka (trying to remember his name off the top of my head). His mod isn't uninstalling, it's just leaving everything it put in.

In the mean time, delete Description, link, and is_read, and add a primary key on ID_TARGET, ID_EXECUTOR:
ALTER TABLE smf_log_karma
ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id_executor`, `id_target`)

and I noticed a typo in my install file, good thing phpmyadmin isn't case sensitive :)
Steven Hoffman

punktravis182

Quote from: Fustrate on July 10, 2009, 06:10:20 PM
Oh boy, this is gonna be tough... I'm going to send a message to grek_kamchatka (trying to remember his name off the top of my head). His mod isn't uninstalling, it's just leaving everything it put in.

In the mean time, delete Description, link, and is_read, and add a primary key on ID_TARGET, ID_EXECUTOR:
ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id_executor`, `id_target`)

and I noticed a typo in my install file, good thing phpmyadmin isn't case sensitive :)

how to add primay key on ID-TARGET, ID_EXECUTOR? :(

Fustrate

ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id_target`, `id_executor`)
Steven Hoffman

JeremyB.

"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

Kyzer

Hate to be a pest, but is there a way to make them start with 1 rep power and 1 rep? without getting another rep power ever 1 rep? ...
Runic WoW World of Warcraft Gaming Forums

punktravis182

Quote from: Fustrate on July 10, 2009, 09:30:04 PM
ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id_target`, `id_executor`)

Now i tried you what said, but here's the new error.

QuoteDuplicate entry '1128-0-0' for key 1
File: /home/backd00r/public_html/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 130

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.9, while your database is at version 1.1.7. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Fustrate

Clear the karma log - DELETE FROM smf_log_karma WHERE 1=1
Steven Hoffman

punktravis182

Quote from: Fustrate on July 10, 2009, 11:34:48 PM
Clear the karma log - DELETE FROM smf_log_karma WHERE 1=1

thanks a lot!! i installed it successfully. i have one more question. what is GiveReputation.php? and where do i have to upload it?

Fustrate

I added a FAQ on the first page of this topic. Basically, it allows you to give reputation points based on prior posts and topics made. It's a tool to jumpstart already-established forums' reputation systems.
Steven Hoffman

punktravis182

Quote from: Fustrate on July 11, 2009, 02:48:45 AM
I added a FAQ on the first page of this topic. Basically, it allows you to give reputation points based on prior posts and topics made. It's a tool to jumpstart already-established forums' reputation systems.

thanks a lot for the quick reply! One last problem is The box doesn't pop up in a post, or the images don't show even if i refreshed my browser. i tried it on different brwosers but no luck. i check all the codes and they were installed successfully.

EDIT: i enabled the reputation system on admin panel. i also gave persmissions all membergroups including regular members but still they can't give rep.

Fustrate

did you clear your cache? ctrl-shift-r or cmd-shift-r

and it's the little heart icon that you use to send rep, if that slipped by you
Steven Hoffman

punktravis182

Quote from: Fustrate on July 11, 2009, 03:24:23 AM
did you clear your cache? ctrl-shift-r or cmd-shift-r

and it's the little heart icon that you use to send rep, if that slipped by you

it worked!! thanks thanks thanks!!!

is there anyway i could move the heart button below the reputation points? so members can easily see it. xD

Fustrate

you'll have to change its position in Display.template.php. Make sure you move its whole code block (3-5 or so lines)
Steven Hoffman

punktravis182

thanks! now i successfully installed it on default core smf theme. but my default theme is aa_new_damage v2. i tried installing it manually. i edited the display.template.php and upload the images on the images folder but i still can't see the heart button.

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: