News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalmBeachPreps

Karma.gif is now appearing twice, where do I remove the duplicated code?

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: PalmBeachPreps on December 09, 2009, 03:39:24 AM
Quote from: adbrad on December 03, 2009, 11:27:23 AM
Well i only have 2 other ideas.
1. have you checked in your themes images folder to see if karma.gif has not been deleted.
2. had you already added rep for that perticular post as after u rep it dissapears.
does the add rep link still apeaar or nothing at all.
1. it's there
2. the add rep link does not appear - i get nothing at all.  i can't even rep new replies by new members

EDIT:  Figured out the problem.  For anyone having this problem, you must make sure that "Show view profile button under post:" is checked in your Current Theme options.

LLandL

Quote from: LLandL on December 02, 2009, 12:38:03 PM
Installed this and all is working fine apart from when viewing reputation given in a profile the link to the next page (see image) doesn't work, When I click on the 2 it takes me back to my profile.

Any help with fixing this would be very much appreciated.

I'm running 1.1.11 on a custom theme.

Can anyone help me with the above problem? It's driving us nuts not being able to see the latest karma comments in our profiles.

adbrad

I've just upgraded my site to rc2 and my a.r.s needs reinstalling however in the user info it displays

# Posts: 38
# Reputation: 82
# Gender: Male

as soon as i reinstall the a.r.s the middle line will dissapear does anyone know how i can keep that line
what code in which file displays this line

many thanks

TGU

I installed it and everything is working fine but how do i make it so that it shows reputation points also?

because right now it only shows rep power.

TGU

can someone help me, what do i edit?

i want the rep BARS right under the rep POWER and i want both the power and bars right in between the post count and the trader count.

thing is i dont like how there is an extra space in between the post count and the rep power count and an extra space in between the rep bars and the rep power count. if  i could make it fit like how the trader count fits right under the rep bars, then that would be great.

thnx.

adbrad

I've been trying to get an answer for this for ages so i had a play around.
So if any one wants to deplay there rep points aswell as rep power try entering the folowing to display.template.php
// Is karma display enabled?  Total or +/-?
if ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '1')
echo '
<li class="karma">', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' ', $message['member']['karma']['good'] - $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';
elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')
echo '
<li class="karma">', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' +', $message['member']['karma']['good'], '/-', $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '</li>';

this is actually the original karma code but it worked for me i put it above the rep power line so it shows up as:

juanpons14

I have a problem, i'm the administrator ok? in teh configuration i have this:

How many points per post?                                     1
   How many points per thread?                                    3
   Users gain 1 power for every __ points?                 1
Default 100    
   Users gain 1 bar image for every __ points?            200
Default 1000    
   Welcome new members with how many points?              10
   How many times a day can a person give reputation?      10   
   How many people does a user have to give reputation to before they can repeat a person?  0

But when I give reputation, if for example the user has 808 reputation then i give good reputation, this it change to 1616 i dno't now why..because i have put:

Users gain 1 power for every __ points?                 1
Default 100    
   Users gain 1 bar image for every __ points?            200
Default 1000

Where is the problem?

Descarga deirecta de series, películas, música y mucho más! en
Planetdescargas.com

adbrad

the amount of rep points given is dependant on the rep power of the user and with your settings the user gets a rep power for every 1 point so with 808 points will also have 808 power so 1 rep will give 808 points so then you will get 1616 next ime you rep it will go to 2424.
hope this is clear enough. to stop this change the power per___points to something bigger than 1

juanpons14

Quote from: adbrad on December 20, 2009, 04:12:58 AM
the amount of rep points given is dependant on the rep power of the user and with your settings the user gets a rep power for every 1 point so with 808 points will also have 808 power so 1 rep will give 808 points so then you will get 1616 next ime you rep it will go to 2424.
hope this is clear enough. to stop this change the power per___points to something bigger than 1

What do you recomend me to put?

I want when i give reputation..i want to give one point..is it possible?

Descarga deirecta de series, películas, música y mucho más! en
Planetdescargas.com

adbrad

Quote from: juanpons14 on December 20, 2009, 06:11:13 AM
Quote from: adbrad on December 20, 2009, 04:12:58 AM

What do you recomend me to put?

I want when i give reputation..i want to give one point..is it possible?

i would set to maybe 50 or leave at the default setting which i think is 100 so for every 100 points you get 1 rep power.
as points are given according to rep power you can't choose the amount of points. the only way you may get around it is to set the number insanely high so you only get 1 rep power, which kind of defeats the purpose of the mod to show members who have a good rep with the forum

Bass Junkie

After installing this mod, every page on my forum went blank - lucky I could restore from backup. Would this be a random bogus install, or should I look into something deeper? I'm not really game enough to try installing it again, but will if I have to...

LC

Quote from: Bass Junkie on December 22, 2009, 01:05:24 AM
After installing this mod, every page on my forum went blank - lucky I could restore from backup. Would this be a random bogus install, or should I look into something deeper? I'm not really game enough to try installing it again, but will if I have to...
First place to find out what happened would be your error log. See what's posted there and then copy/paste the error here.

Also when you uploaded the mod and then clicked apply mod, was there any tests that failed?

Those two things would explain a lot about what may have happened.

Sakurachan

pointalk

QuoteCan I change the algorithm used to give reputation?
Although it is technically possible to totally change the way reputation is given, there is no built-in way to change it. Points given are directly related to the power of whoever is giving it to them.

Can you give me a way to change it.
Wish to be able to give +/- 1 reputation point every time

pointalk

Other question

box doesn't pop up at a right place when click add reputation

how to solve?

Enders

How do i fix the profile view where it says "reputation:: "

2 semicolons are shown instead of one? I can't remove the semicolon in the admin panel because it won't show in the simple portal

blokey

Do I have to switch off karma in core features before installing this?
SMF Version 2.0 RC2     Server Info Apache version 2.0.63 PHP version 5.2.9 MySQL version 5.0.81-community Architecture x86_64 Operating system Linux

adbrad

Quote from: blokey on January 04, 2010, 01:35:23 PM
Do I have to switch off karma in core features before installing this?

no there is no need as all in does is mod the karma

Giiyom

www.QcStarcraft.com
www.QuebecSF.com
[SMF 1.1.11 / SimplePortal 2.3.1]

Advertisement: