News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Profile Visitors (4.1 Released | SMF 2.0 Compatible)

Started by [SiNaN], April 09, 2008, 12:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pp08

Quote from: dannbass on June 21, 2008, 12:37:09 AM
You need to copy everything that goes into the Profile.template.php of the default into the Profile.template in your theme.

if i do this i wont loss anything from the fire theme right?

Eliana Tamerin

Back up your copy of Profile.template.php so that if anything goes wrong, you can restore it properly.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

ASF

does this work with smf 1.1.5? because i have tried everything and can't seem to get it going, maybe is because i am not using the defualt theme?

Sabre™

It is because you are not using the default theme.
Read through earlier posts, and you will see how to manually fix this.
Most mods dont install into custom(non default) themes
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

brianjw

I installed version 3.0 today and I am trying to get it to display the date. The only two settings I can find in the Features and Options is enable and ignore admins. I see like two lines right under it as if there is supposed to be something else in there.
Can you help me get this to display like that and also display up and down instead of sideways so I can stick it in a thing inside of the ultimate profile.

Thanks,
brianjw

ElectricSquid

Cool, it works!!

Just one question, how do I limit the amount of visitors that show up in the users profile. I custom positioned this mod in Ultimate Profiles up at the top of the profile page, along side of the user controls that usually live 3/4 of the way down the page. This positioning only leaves room for 4, maybe 5 recent visitors to show before it messes the alignment up.

I either need to limit the amount of visitors that show up down to the latest 4 or 5, or somehow make that table scroll, which I'm a dumb@$$, I don't know how to do that yet.

.... and thanks for such a cool feature, and connecting it with Ultimate Profiles.

Rocks-HD

Quote from: brianjw on July 15, 2008, 05:56:46 PM
I installed version 3.0 today and I am trying to get it to display the date. The only two settings I can find in the Features and Options is enable and ignore admins. I see like two lines right under it as if there is supposed to be something else in there.
Can you help me get this to display like that and also display up and down instead of sideways so I can stick it in a thing inside of the ultimate profile.

Thanks,
brianjw
you can to teacher for us? because I try but I didn't achieve

ElectricSquid

Forget what I asked, I found out how to make it scroll, and I think that may be a better option than limiting the amount shown.

<table style="overflow: scroll;">

[SiNaN]

There was a problem with a Ultimate Profile view. Finished SP 2.0, will work on this mod. Just a week.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

d58e7

For some reason it looks like it installed right but doesn't appear to log visitors to the profile. It has a section on the ultimate profiles profile but it doesn't update with the people that've visited the profile.

I had to create the table manually and did so with the following sql commands

ALTER TABLE smf_members ADD visitors TINYTEXT NOT NULL
ALTER TABLE smf_members ADD visitorstime TINYTEXT NOT NULL

[SiNaN]

Have enabled it from the admin panel >> features and options?

d58e7

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 18, 2008, 06:53:07 AM
Have enabled it from the admin panel >> features and options?
Yep, it's strange because the section appears in the profile however it doesn't log anyone

Edit: I figured it out, I forgot to change one line in the load file. Now it's working, looks great. Another question, is there anyway to make the section for latest visitors show up at the bottom in the middle of the left and right sides?

[SiNaN]

You should make some changes in Profile.template.php. I think I should add this option in the next version.

Final release is almost finished. Just profile view count left to be implemented.

Kimmie

I there a way to fix it so that the words dont wrap (image attached)? There is a whole 1/2 inch on the left - can it be moved over more?

Also, the checkbox that you mark to exclude admins from being logged only works for the "root" admin account. Is there a way to include groups that have admin priviledges but are not in the main admin account? Example being, I dont use my "root" admin account to log in. I have another membergroup set up that has all admin priviledges that I use. I also have an Assnt Admin who is in a seperate membergroup as well and I dont want his to show up either. I would also prefer that none of my mods show up on them either, but I can probably live with that one. Perhaps, an option to exclude specific membergroups?

I am also getting these errors, but according to the parser, this file doesnt even get edited. I have added that file so you can take a look at it. I was initially using the original version of this mod with no problems. I uninstalled that one and installed 3.0 and thats when I started getting these errors:

8: Undefined index: pv_latest_visitors
File: /home//Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (summary sub template - eval?)
Line: 461

8: Undefined index: pv_no_visitors
File: /home//Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php (summary sub template - eval?)
Line: 476

[SiNaN]

Version 4.0 is out. See the first post of this topic for the detailed information.

Kimmie

thank you for the updated version.. it works like a charm.. no more errors!!! The ability to exclude non postcount groups is GREAT!!! :)

Couple of quick questions:

1. How can I change the time format to like it was before (its currently showing military time)
2. How can I get it to show the date again? its not showing on mine anymore

I didnt upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. I uninstalled 3.0 first. (3.0 was causing errors)

(see image for both)

ElectricSquid

I have a few questions :P

I haven't had any errors (yet) with v3.0 and am very satisfied with how it works, should I still upgrade? or is it cool to wait for a while?

You say that there's an upgrade feature for those like me who would be replacing v3.0, how do I do this upgrade? Just install 4.0 through the package manager like a fresh install, but not uninstall v3.0 beforehand?

Is there a way to limit the amount of recent visitors that show up in profiles? v3.0? v4.0? (manual source edits are OK, I just need to know where to find it)

I must admit, I'm a little skiddish about upgrading after the few positioning and code changes I've made. On my site, this mod shows to the right of the user controls that have been moved to the top of the page in Ultimate Profiles. I edited your code (v3.0) so the only thing that shows now is the users avatar and name, which are both clickable and lead to their profile. The rest of the info was removed to better fit into our site.

So for someone in my position, do you still suggest upgrading?
Or should I just wait it out till I find an error or something?

note - I use a (only one) custom theme, site wide, and have limited users to that theme only (no default theme option)

elforoof

would it work on this theme??   Dilber Multicolor

edi67

i hope to see this mod soon working on smf 2, is very useful and nice mod
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

[SiNaN]

Kimmie:

For both of your questions, do this:

Profile.php

Find:

'time' => strftime($time_format, $visitortime[$count]),

Replace:

'time' => timeformat($visitortime[$count], false),

∑£ℓ¢†®¡¢ §ợų¡đ:

If you ask me, you should upgrade because version 4.0 has many new features. (See the first post)

Like you said, install it like a new mod. But If you have made changes about the mod, it will not upgrade probably. Better uninstall the mod manually.

Yes, in the version 4.0, you can set the visitor count to show on profiles. (1 min - 20 max)

I still suggest you upgrading, the changes you made shouldn't be hard to do in the new version too. Also the new version has a better Ultimate Profile support.

elforoof:

If DilberMC theme has the Profile.template.php, you must make edits in that theme's file manually. If not, just install the package and it will work.

edi67:

Me too. :P

Will wait for the SMF 2.0 Beta 4 for update.

Advertisement: