News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0 Sunset

Started by chadon, April 17, 2008, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadon

Link to the theme

Updated version of the Sunset theme for SMF 2.0. Comes with some SEO features such as site name and page name in the meta title and H1 tags on the header image... H1 tags can be replaced by your own logo in the admin section, the same way you do with the default theme.
Live demo

Some members using SMF in other languages than English have no buttons showing in their navigation menu.
If you need theme, you can generate buttons in your language here: Button generator
You will need to rename them to:
home.gif
help.gif
search.gif
calendar.gif
login.gif
logout.gif
register.gif
moderate.gif
and place them in your language folder:
Themes/sunset/images/language_folder/

Apllicmz

yes good work nice themes

Fussilet

excellend theme , good work

sipko

Just installed this but none of the icons in the post box work. For example, when you click on the B bold type, the centering, the quote, or any other of the icons, nothing happens.  Also the new member awaiting approval link at the right hand top of the forum doesn't work either (which shows up when a new person registers and is awaiting admin approval).

Any help would be appreciated as I love this theme. 

I'm using 2.0 Beta 3.1 if that is a factor.

chadon

:o I adapted this theme from a 1.1.4 theme and as there is no documentation about what has been changed, I probably missed a lot of things.
Thank you for reporting this, I will try to fix it as soon as I can  ;)

sipko

chadon

This theme is based on the classic YaBB one so I had to recreate it from the beginning with the latest version to make sure there is no bug left. I am glad it only took 995 downloads before I received the first bug report. Thanks a lot Sipko.
You can delete the theme you have on your forum and download the new version or overwrite the old files with FTP. There is probably a lot of modifications and I can't list them all.
I don't have the registrations set to have an admin to approve members so I couldn't test the link but it should be displayed. If it doesn't, let me know.
Thank you again.

sipko

tkoenings

I installed this theme and I really like it, good job. I have a problem though, when I change to one of the language packs such as brazil - the center menu options disappear (profile, admin, calendar, etc...). They are still there because I can mouse over them, see the links appear in the bottom of the browser, and then click on them to get back to english.

Any ideas? I would like to use the theme but need to use other language packs too.

tkoenings

Oh, one other comment is that you could probably reduce the size of the banner image a great deal - I took it down from 144kb to 20kb.

chadon

Thanks for the compliments. I only made the buttons in English but they are all based on the Classic YaBB SE's theme buttons so you can move the images from there to the language image folder of your 2.0 Sunset theme.
There is also an option in admin allowing you to display text links instead of images.
Theme Settings > 2.0 Sunset > Uncheck: "Show buttons as images instead of text"
I didn't realize the size of the banner would be a problem, thanks for letting me know. I will see what I can do.

snakesmaster

Nice work bud! What about to translate it in spanish? I need it!  ;)

chadon

The only files you would need to use this theme in a Spanish forum would be the ones in the images folder.

Like I explained in my previous post you can use the ones from the Classic Yabb SE theme you have in your installation

Or rename the folder:
Themes/sunset/images/english/
To:
Themes/sunset/images/spanish/

If this doesn't work you may have to rename it to: spanish_latin, spanish_es, spanish_latin

If you need any help you can also PM me the URL of your forum and I will find a solution for you. I don't really know much about forums running other languages than English  :)

snakesmaster

Ok, it works fine with the images! Is it possible to change all the english texts in this version too?

chadon

To change the English text you will need to install the Spanish language pack. I just checked the download section of Simplemachines and I didn't find any Spanish language pack for SMF 2.0, so I am not sure if it can be done.
You will probably have to search the forum or ask the question in a new topic.

poolhall

Really good skin, looks professional! Thanks a lot, chadon!

I have a question about it, though. I can't find the way of displaying the options "Show new replies to your posts" and "Show unread posts since last visit", which usually can be found in the forum header. How can I restore  or maybe access them from another forum page?

Regards,
poolhall

chadon

Thanks for the compliment Poolhall.
The theme is based on the classic Yabb SE one and this function is not available but it can installed easily.

Open index.template.php

Find:
echo '
', $txt['hello_member'], ' <b>', $context['user']['name'], '</b>', $context['allow_pm'] ? ', ' . $txt['msg_alert_you_have'] . ' <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=pm">' . $context['user']['messages'] . ' ' . ($context['user']['messages'] != 1 ? $txt['msg_alert_messages'] : $txt['message_lowercase']) . '</a>' . $txt['newmessages4'] . ' ' . $context['user']['unread_messages'] . ' ' . ($context['user']['unread_messages'] == 1 ? $txt['newmessages0'] : $txt['newmessages1']) : '', '<br />

After add:
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a> <br />
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a>

EDIT:
The theme has been updated in the download page. There is no need to modify the file if you have the latest version.

poolhall

thank you very much, chadon! I will try it tonight and let you know.

Regards,
poolhall

chadon

I updated the theme with this mod in the download section so it might be easier for you to uninstall the theme and reinstall it with the new files.
Thanks for letting me about this bug ;)

poolhall

Thanks a lot! It was not really a bug, more of a feature  :D

Regards,
poolhall

Advertisement: