News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I cant backup my database

Started by Backesc, April 26, 2008, 06:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backesc

I have a question about the database backup, I cant backup my database from phpmyadmin, my old ( 10 days ago ) database is 18 mb , when I try backup my database new download file is 3 mb , what is problem, help me pls

Backesc

Pls move this message smf 1.x support.

SwapsRulez

I really dont know about the SMF 1.x, but as i know about the SMF 2.0 Beta 3, you can backup it from
admin -> forum maintenance & in that way you dont have to go to phpmyadmin ;)

Also be sure to take the backup of the htdocs at once after installing all the mods. :D
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

Backesc

babjusi

Have you contacted your host about the problem? How about backing it up from the forum maintenance at the acp of your forum?

Anyhow,give this tool a try. It works like a charm

The tool''s name is the create_backup.php tool created by Unknown, which you will find it attached at this post

Or you can try the mysqldumper to backup your database. To restore it too btw. Google it and at its official site you can read all about  how it works

Do you have SSH or Telnet access to your site btw? If you do, (ask your host) you can use a SSH/Telnet Client, such as PuTTy for ex. It can be used to restore the db as well

Rumbaar

How big is your db as a whole?  Are you sure you weren't taking an uncompress version of the backup before and now it's compressed. Hence smaller in size?

But if it's an issue with phpMyAdmin at your host level, like Babjusi has suggested you'll need to contact you host in this regards.  As only that can address any issue with that module on your host server.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: