Well done SMF Developers!

Started by Inside Sin, May 05, 2008, 08:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inside Sin

I love the site, i love the software, i love to contribute.

The only thing i don't like on this site is it's lack of Moderators/People who moderate new Themes/Mods, it takes far too long for it to be revised, i mean, there shouldn't be much of a lineup if you have at least 2 or 3 people doing it daily.

But, other than that. It's all straight forward, the Support is awsome.

;D Well done!

SleePy

Inside Sin,

Please remember we are all volunteers here. We contribute our free time here and do not get paid at all for what we do.

We currently have 3 people who work and themes and they do a good job. I see that there is 2 themes on the waiting list for approval and both of them are being worked on.
Mods does have a small line, but there is a team specific reason why that is currently taking place.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

N3RVE

Inside Sin,

Source Codes for Mod(s) and Theme(s) have to be cross-checked for users safety!
If a mod/theme is uploaded with security vulnerabilities, many SMF users will probably be affected and that might bring the project a bad reputation!

It's very necessary to double check any modification that makes changes on the original PHP script SMF offers You. As for themes, I think the Team should have 48 hours to look through to be sure copyrighted materials are not inclusive; If they are - with valid permission from the copyright holders!

Regards,
[nerve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Gary

Quote from: SleePy on May 05, 2008, 11:42:02 AM
We currently have 3 people who work and themes and they do a good job.

Aww... thats nice.... have a cookie!

Though, all the team members involved in approving customisations do a good job. Except me. I don't. I suck. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Deaks

i so agree with you :P

you suck .....
* RunicWarrior runs

nah folks Gazmanafc does actually do a good job aswell ... we all do :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

webzen

Themes are definite crowd-pleasers so the faster they're approved, the better!
Yes, I blog at Beep.Name [nofollow]...

Gary

We try to look at them as soon as we can, but we do have personal lives too you know. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Advertisement: