News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Disable Right Click (v4.0 Released!)

Started by Chas Large, May 07, 2008, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejiman

Here is what I did.

in my MODIFICATION.ENGLISH.UTF8.PHP

I search for

Quote from: dejiman on June 30, 2008, 07:59:11 PM
PLease The same is still the issue.   PLease check my website now to confirme  www.dejimanaire.com

QuoteEdit your Modifications.english-utf8.php.

Search:

$txt['arrange_hsfg'] = 'Disallow guests from viewing signatures;

Replace with:

$txt['arrange_hsfg'] = 'Disallow guests from viewing signatures';

Thanks In advance

Regards

and I deleted it totally.
It was on page 106.
Please make regular backups before installing any MOD.
FOR YOUR SAFETY.

Thanks.
IS YOUR DESTINY ELECETED?

Let's know here

ELECTED DESTINIES

dejiman

Thanks I have made every thing back to other. I must say you have really tried in creating a mod. More powers to your elbow.

Regards.

www.dejimanaire.com
IS YOUR DESTINY ELECETED?

Let's know here

ELECTED DESTINIES

renlok

ARGH why do people think disabling right click a good idea it just drives your users away as it so annoying. And to get around it just can just disable javascript.
WeLink Directory
How Do I? - Get help with anything.
WeBid - Free auction script.

qtime

Quote from: Sabre™ on May 09, 2008, 09:22:04 PM
Quote from: NIBOGO on May 09, 2008, 09:08:36 PM
i am making some test to have the option of block the Right Clicks of a group

Thanks mate, look forward to seeing your result :)

EDIT
try this
global $context, $user_info;
$groups = array(ADD MEMBER GROUPS HERE eg.  1,2,5);

if ($context['user']['is_guest'] || array_intersect($groups, $user_info['groups']))
echo '

The membergroup number, MUST be the group number, NOT the post count group number.

Thanks to the TP community for their guidance!!
Quote from: Sabre™ on May 09, 2008, 09:22:04 PM
Quote from: NIBOGO on May 09, 2008, 09:08:36 PM
i am making some test to have the option of block the Right Clicks of a group

Thanks mate, look forward to seeing your result :)

EDIT
try this
global $context, $user_info;
$groups = array(ADD MEMBER GROUPS HERE eg.  1,2,5);

if ($context['user']['is_guest'] || array_intersect($groups, $user_info['groups']))
echo '

The membergroup number, MUST be the group number, NOT the post count group number.

Thanks to the TP community for their guidance!!
great modification of this modification.
I want to disable the right mouse button for guests and newbies, but not for donators. Now the donators who are a newbie cannot use the right mouse button, how to setup a post count group?

ccbtimewiz

Post count groups can also be identified in the same method. Just define their ID #.

qtime

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on July 30, 2008, 01:36:50 PM
Post count groups can also be identified in the same method. Just define their ID #.
the problem is, an added group like a donator, can also be a newbie, and the newbie is overruling...

ccbtimewiz

The $user_info variable checks a user of all groups, be it prime or secondary.

Simply define the "Donator" group into the array and that should override the "newbie" check.

qtime

Quote from: NIBOGO on July 30, 2008, 06:41:04 PM
Please wait the v2.1 with a simple bug fix and the groups permission for make right click
that would be great!!

tom155

Quote from: Dannii on May 10, 2008, 11:21:13 PM
Stupid, stupid mod! Shame on you all.

Why are you even on this thread is you think this mod is stupid???

Great mod NIBOGO thumbs you to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabre™

Quote from: renlok on July 21, 2008, 10:12:06 PM
ARGH why do people think disabling right click a good idea it just drives your users away as it so annoying. And to get around it just can just disable javascript.

Some of us use this for other methods.
I myself use it as a trap for people that dont read properly.
Meaning, I have it where if a user doesnt want their art theyve created to be copied, then they state so above the image. Now if another member tries to copy it, Ive set up about 200 alert popups, so they will be there clicking their azz off until it finishes lol  And the last alert has a selection..  continue, and end..  if you just keep clicking, it starts all over again.
You have to shut down your browser to stop this.

I also have sections where people speak of things private/particular to their real life events. Hardly something you'd want others to just copy.
So Ive disabled anyone to be able to highlight any text in that board/thread.
So therefore, the quick keys are useless.
Now if someone goes around these measures, just to get these peoples private stuff in which theyve ASKED you not to duplicate it, then in my opinion...  they are the azzholes online.

This stuff is just a deterrent really, just to remind people, that some things shared are there for those within that community(their friends), not the whole world.
And before you ask, I have bot texts installed so it isnt made public anyway.

Every mod can be used to your own specific need. If you dont like it, then noone will force you to use it. Atleast someone out there is making them for those that want it :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

ccbtimewiz

I agree with Sabre. As the saying goes, "to each man his own".

Willst the modification deems annoying to you, it can be proved useful in other situations by other people. For example; private books, readings, and other things you don't want average joe internet users to steal.

The mod itself isn't powerful enough to stop experienced computer users, but there are a large percentage of users in this world who are noobs with computers and wouldn't know how to get around the block.

qtime

I am waiting for the update. I like to use it to annoy normal members and give donators the right mouse button back...

renlok

@Sabre™
far enough if you put the alert to only show if you right click an image you dont want people to steal.
But from what i can see this just shows the popup all the time when your on the site, which is very annoying to most internet users especially on a forum, where you will probably wont open to open multiple threads and to do that i use right click.
WeLink Directory
How Do I? - Get help with anything.
WeBid - Free auction script.

Nibogo

Quote from: qtime on August 15, 2008, 03:50:35 AM
I am waiting for the update. I like to use it to annoy normal members and give donators the right mouse button back...

:P :P I am updating the mod , i am trying some new things for the v3.0 , be patient

Sabre™

Quote from: renlok on August 30, 2008, 11:47:11 AM
@Sabre™
far enough if you put the alert to only show if you right click an image you dont want people to steal.
But from what i can see this just shows the popup all the time when your on the site, which is very annoying to most internet users especially on a forum, where you will probably wont open to open multiple threads and to do that i use right click.

Yep.
I also use multiple tabs/windows etc...  as stated, it is a deterrent and not an absolute!
There are multiple ways to avoid the script, but I wont mention them, as it reveals the "workarounds" possibly to those the script is there for. (No rocket science anyway ;) )
The final script is available via the owners discretion, so no matter how this is used, it is aimed at "their" most active pests, and usually not their loyal members.
NIBOGO made this very flexible, so we can adjust it to our personal preference(as all mods), and with tradition, all questions/help will be assisted if possible. :)
I understand what youre saying, and partially agree, but we are not here to monitor or judge how people use these mods, just to be thankful they will be there if we should ever need them. As the download count displays... there are a few people that do ;)

I probably enjoyed it so much, as it opened more doors to my ever developing knowledge.

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 30, 2008, 03:52:45 PM
I am updating the mod , i am trying some new things for the v3.0....

Brilliant.
Cant wait to see whats next.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Mystiquo

what's this error??????
how i correct this???

8: Undefined index: arrange_nrcg
Themes/default/Errors.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Riga: 101

8: Undefined index: arrange_nrcg
Themes/default/Admin.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Riga: 101

Nibogo

I am updating the mod with this new features:

- Support Babylon,Classic and DilmerMC
- Support to disable the right click for guest and the groups of you select
- Now you can select to show or unshow a message
- If the Show Message option is selected you can put your message
- Enable the right click in the actions of you want
- Easy theme addaptation
- Spanish Support
- A lot of minor changes
- Redirection after the installation
- New Admin Section for the Right Click Mod

If you have any request for this mod please put that idea in this topic  :)

iraqcyber

Hello,
  Thanks for the powerful MOD , but i have problem
i just installed it correctly

but still able to right click to copy !

any help please ?

Thanks

Advertisement: