News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[OK] Upgrading from 1.0.x with mods to 1.1 ?

Started by $p00ky, May 09, 2008, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

$p00ky

Is there any way to upgrade from 1.0.10 to the latest version ?

I tried with the webinstall, but it says :

QuoteWe are sorry but the installer was unable to download the installation package details from the Simple Machines website. You may download the packages manually by using the SMF Download page.

Click here to try this step again.

Here is detailed information about my version :

I made a lot of "homemade" modifications so I'd like to upgrade without loosing all my modifications.

I tried the smf_1-1-5_upgrade.zip but it lost all my modifications by replacing all the Source files so I came back to my old version.

How could I upgrade to the latest version ?  :-\

Edit: I upgraded to 1.0.13 with the upgrade files. It worked for all files except for Post.php which is still in 1.0.8 (I made some modifications on this file and it failed to upgrade).
May I now upgrade to 1.1 ?
$p00ky @ EroGaKi

Spaceman-Spiff

I'm afraid upgrading and keeping your homemade modifications won't work. Unless if you're going to do line by line comparison.

The best way is to upgrade, then apply your modification again.

Otherwise, use a diff program to check and update all the changes.

$p00ky

OK, I see.

I feared it was impossible.

Thanks for your answer !
$p00ky @ EroGaKi

Kindred

There was a change in how some code works between 1.0.x and 1.1.x.
There is a better than average chance that mods for 1.0.x will not work on 1.1.x without major modification.

Also... 1.0.x themes *WILL NOT* work on 1.1.x without some changes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: