News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ignore Topics

Started by vbgamer45, May 19, 2008, 02:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anidea

I just recently noticed a handful of the following errors, before I make any changes, can someone confirm that the above correction is what I'm looking for?

http://www.mysite.org/smf/index.php?action=unread;board=12
Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IFNULL(it.id_topic, 0) = 0
AND t.id_last_msg > 5385
AND IFNULL(lt.id_msg' at line 6
File: /f5/mysite/public/smf/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 878

anidea

Well, I went ahead and made the prescribed change.  But it doesn't seem to have helped.  When I click on the New button in a child board, I get the following error message (on screen, although also under Errors):

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IFNULL(it.id_topic, 0) = 0
AND t.id_last_msg > 6375
AND IFNULL(lt.id_msg' at line 6
File: /mysite/public/smf/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 878

ACAMS

I have SMF 2.0 RC3

I have this installed, and everything works fine until we click "Show new replies to your posts." then we get this error.

Database Error   Unknown column 'pi.id_topic' in 'on clause'
File: /home/gametechmods/gametechmods.com/forums/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 1124

Here are lines 1107 to 1124 and I don't see anything wrong

if (!empty($have_temp_table))
   $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
    SELECT t.id_topic
    FROM {db_prefix}topics_posted_in AS t
     LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}log_topics_posted_in AS lt ON (lt.id_topic = t.id_topic)
     '. ($can_ignore ? 'LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}ignore_topics AS it ON (it.id_topic = pi.id_topic AND it.id_member = {int:current_member})' : '') .'
    WHERE t.' . $query_this_board . '
     AND IFNULL(lt.id_msg, t.id_msg) < t.id_last_msg
     '. ($can_ignore ? 'AND IFNULL(it.id_topic, 0) = 0' : '') .'
    ORDER BY {raw:order}
    LIMIT {int:offset}, {int:limit}',
    array_merge($query_parameters, array(
     'current_member' => $user_info['id'],
     'order' => (in_array($_REQUEST['sort'], array('t.id_last_msg', 't.id_topic')) ? $_REQUEST['sort'] : 't.sort_key') . ($ascending ? '' : ' DESC'),
     'offset' => $_REQUEST['start'],
     'limit' => $context['topics_per_page'],
    ))
   );

Anybody have any idea what may be wrong?

Oya

the mod is broken and the mod author/maintainer is not interested in fixing it - it looks like its been broken for months

ACAMS

Maybe they will see this and do something....I have no clue what to even look for.

Oya

Quote from: ACAMS on October 16, 2010, 07:05:29 PM
Maybe they will see this and do something....I have no clue what to even look for.

i doubt it, the bugs were pointed out months and months ago and nothing's been done about it
i even reported the mod as unsafe before and still it didn't get dealt with

MS Modders Team

What do you mean by "as it was done by the S-M-F Modders Team"?
Please do not send us PMs. If you have a question, ask in our forum.
http://smfmodders.com/index.php

rhack382

These changes did not help me much... But looking at the Mods Page there was an update on Sept. 22 - which comes after my original inquiry. 

I will uninstall old and install the newer version...

Oya

i don't think the file was updated, i think the mod was simply altered as that would have been when it changed hands to the smf modders team

DirtRider

I really just don't get it. I have installed this mod on two different forums and nothing. I did the enable Quick Moderation thing still nothing. Tried looking on the SMF default theme for RC3 still nothing. Looked in the profile settings still nothing. Looks like I am not the only one that is having major issues with it  :-\
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

rhack382

It does work but you have to enable ignored topics globally:

admin->forum->boards->settings->Enable Ignore-Topics mod

The problem after install of this mod is the "new" icon when clicked on child boards in the main index yields a syntax error, but when clicking on the adjacent text it works perfectly...

DirtRider

Ok thank I did not know you needed to enable it. I did look and when I could not find anything I gave up. However if it still has this other bug maybe I will wait until that is fixed

Oya

doesn't seem to have been fixed for months :( id love this mod

DirtRider

Yeah I need to use this one pity it is not being sorted out  :(

Chas Large

Any chance this mod can be updated to RC4? It worked on RC3 but comes up with lots of errors when trying to install it on RC4. I think the coding has changed quite a bit between RC3 & 4.

Thanks

Chas
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

MS Modders Team

Not for RC4. But for 2.0 Final, definitely.
Please do not send us PMs. If you have a question, ask in our forum.
http://smfmodders.com/index.php

Arantor

Are you going to actually fix the errors in it when updating it? I'd hate to have to report this mod, again, for being unsafe, only for the report to be ignored, again.

ascaland

I have just finished fixing the errors with RC4-RC5 and have updated the mod page. If there are any problems please feel free to post here.

A lot more will be done soon such as some new features and possibly some SMF 1.1.x compatibility.

Chas Large

Just went to install the latest RC5 version and it came up with several errors. It's a good working RC5 test forum with only a couple of mods installed. I didn't proceed.

I'll look at where the errors failed to see if any of my mods have touched those areas beforehand.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Spoogs

Installs just fine on a fresh and a fairly modded RC5 for me so... so yes one of those mods you have already edited those files

Advertisement: