"help", "Login Redirection URL" and "PM Popup" don't work and SMF &

Started by Rok, January 11, 2005, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rok

I've searched the forum but it seems like i'm the only one having this small issues:

1. When clicking some links in SMF, SMF 'breaks out' of Mambo. I was wandering how to fix it so that it can't happen.

2. I'm using the SMF template 'curve1' and wrapped in my Mambo template, the right site of the SMF is strangely a bit cut off .. and the columns at the 'info center' are a little bit messy .. how can this be solved? 

3. When logging in I want the Forum to be the first page, but it will always show the 'home' (frontpage) after logging in .. How can I change that? The 'Login Redirection URL' doesn't work :(

4. Uploading avatars doesn't work. (but I guess that's not an Mambo-(bridge) thingie)

5. Avatar resizing don't work and even setting a size eg. 64x64 doesn't work either. (but I guess that's not an Mambo-(bridge) thingie)

6. Concerning PM (issue 6  ) is that the pop-up function doesn't work with new PM's ... and the link given in the E-Mail sent out when receiving a PM is a link where SMF 'breaks out' of Mambo  ::)

7. And another thing is that the "help" link doesn't work .. very strange ..

Using Mambo 451a and SMF 1.0 Final

I would appreciate some help :)

Thanks

Kindred

regarding 4, it sounds like your server does not have the graphics module installed.

regarding 3... prehaps the upload directory doesn't have the right permissions.

regarding 2... it's an issue with all "generic" smf templates when combined with "generic" mambo templates. Some combinations are worse than others.  The quick fix is 1) don't use solar flare template(s)...  and 2) in a fixed width mambo template, try increasing the master table width. The more detailed and long-lasting fix is to deigned your own templates to merge properly.
(Bloc's SMF templates work pretty well in most of the mambo designs, with only the table adjustment to mambo.

regarding 1... please be more specific, or give link-examples...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rok

Thanks for your quick reply :) .. an example link regarding first issue is in admin > packet manager > browse packet server. Another example is the link that is sent out through E-Mail, when receiving a PM. 

Also another thing concerning PM (issue 6  :P) is that the pop-up function doesn't work with new PM's ...

>> The picture issues might be a server issue on my side thnx
>> I might consider an Bloc theme in that case :)

And another thing is that the "help" link doesn't work .. very strange ..
index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=62&?action=help
The "help" is located in the default theme folder like it should  ..

Kindred

hmm...  (please don't edit your previous posts/lists after responses...  it makes things confusing (you changed the numbers, which makes my response disconnected for any people who read this looking for similar issues)

Your registration component does not point to the correct location. It still only points to the SMF registration (through com_smf) it would point to com_smf_regsitration.
Change your index.dutch.php (as the readme files indicated to change index.english.php)

regarding the help issue...  check that Help.template.php exists (capitalization matters)

(are you using [unknown]'s update to the bridge or Orstio's 2.11 Stable version?
if [unknown]'s
check that index.php in the SMF directory has a line that points the action 'help' to the file 'Help.template.php' (capitalization matters)
if Orstio's
check that smf.php in the mambo/components/com_smf directory has a line that points the action 'help' to the file 'Help.template.php' (capitalization matters)

Hmmm....   read all new and read all unread opens in the same window, but breaks out of Mambo...

Are you using the same database for Mambo and SMF?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rok

Sorry about changing the numbers, but i didnt expect a reply that fast i guess :p
QuoteYour registration component does not point to the correct location. It still only points to the SMF registration (through com_smf) it would point to com_smf_regsitration.
Change your index.dutch.php (as the readme files indicated to change index.english.php)

I overlooked that one, i had changed my index.english.php, thnx :)

Quoteregarding the help issue...  check that Help.template.php exists (capitalization matters)

Help.template.php exists ... ( path: ... /forum/Themes/default/Help.template.php )
Im using the stable version .. ill have a look at your tips thanks :)

QuoteHmmm....   read all new and read all unread opens in the same window, but breaks out of Mambo...

Are you using the same database for Mambo and SMF?

Yes I am ...

Rok

Update:

Quoteregarding the help issue...  check that Help.template.php exists (capitalization matters)

(are you using [unknown]'s update to the bridge or Orstio's 2.11 Stable version?
if [unknown]'s
check that index.php in the SMF directory has a line that points the action 'help' to the file 'Help.template.php' (capitalization matters)
if Orstio's
check that smf.php in the mambo/components/com_smf directory has a line that points the action 'help' to the file 'Help.template.php' (capitalization matters)

It's all there .. but it just doesn't work for some reason ?

Issues left:
1, 3, 6, and the help-link ( i'll edit it in the first post and call it issue 7 )

Orstio

Quote1. When clicking some links in SMF, SMF 'breaks out' of Mambo. I was wandering how to fix it so that it can't happen.

Do you have an example of a specific link that does that?

Quote3. When logging in I want the Forum to be the first page, but it will always show the 'home' (frontpage) after logging in .. How can I change that? The 'Login Redirection URL' doesn't work

In MOS_SMF.php, change this line:

$_SESSION['login_url'] = $mosConfig_live_site;

replace $mosConfig_live_site with whatever URL you want (Make sure to put it in quotations).

Quote6. Concerning PM (issue 6  ) is that the pop-up function doesn't work with new PM's ...

I've been working on that.  It is a known issue.

Quoteand the link given in the E-Mail sent out when receiving a PM is a link where SMF 'breaks out' of Mambo 

Now, that depends on whether the sender was using the wrapped forum or not.  In order for your link to be to the wrapped forum, the sender of the PM must use the wrapped forum.

Rok

Example links where SMF breaks out:
- hxxp:www.kw.nl/~pluk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=62&?action=unreadreplies [nonactive]
(It's the 'unread replies' link when not logged in to the forum)
I however put that link in the SMF template, copied from the login module, when logged in, so I might caused the problem myself .. though i don't understand why ...

- in admin > packet manager > browse packet server. Another example is the link that is sent out through E-Mail, when receiving a PM.

QuoteNow, that depends on whether the sender was using the wrapped forum or not.  In order for your link to be to the wrapped forum, the sender of the PM must use the wrapped forum.

I've tested it tested it again just now from the wrapped forum (only use the wrapped forum).. and it breaks out and gives an error like: "Error! The IM you're trying to quote is not yours, or doesn't exis, go back and try again" (translated from dutch ..)

>>Big thnx!! I got the help link thing fixed and the first page when logging in !  ;)

Orstio

QuoteExample links where SMF breaks out:
- http://www.kw.nl/~pluk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=62&?action=unreadreplies
(It's the 'unread replies' link when not logged in to the forum)
I however put that link in the SMF template, copied from the login module, when logged in, so I might caused the problem myself .. though i don't understand why ...

That is very strange.  It looks like a theme problem, though.

QuoteI've tested it tested it again just now from the wrapped forum (only use the wrapped forum).. and it breaks out and gives an error like: "Error! The IM you're trying to quote is not yours, or doesn't exis, go back and try again" (translated from dutch ..)

How about if you login, and then click on the link in your email?

[Unknown]

Quote from: Orstio on January 12, 2005, 06:46:57 AM
That is very strange.  It looks like a theme problem, though.

That's the "kick guest" template.  It uses obExit() because it's an error message.

Using the output buffering version of the one I posted, with the package installed, should resolve that... (not that I'm recommending this, I don't consider the test version I posted production ready!)

-[Unknown]

Karmalakas

Quote from: Orstio on January 11, 2005, 06:21:35 PM

Quote3. When logging in I want the Forum to be the first page, but it will always show the 'home' (frontpage) after logging in .. How can I change that? The 'Login Redirection URL' doesn't work

In MOS_SMF.php, change this line:

$_SESSION['login_url'] = $mosConfig_live_site;

replace $mosConfig_live_site with whatever URL you want (Make sure to put it in quotations).

that didn't help

Rok

It worked with me :)

PM links in mail are okay after the upgrade to 1.0.1 ...  :)

Karmalakas

and what about popup on new PMs ?
is there already any solution?

Advertisement: