Session timeout/verification problem

Started by arosolie, March 17, 2008, 07:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arosolie

I recently ran into this problem on a forum I'm starting up. Didn't have any problems for while, but now when posting it often responds with a "session timed out" message, and then when attempting to access the admin panel it gives this:

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

When I try and logout to re-login, it gives the same message. The only way to solve it seems to be to delete the cookies for the site, but I keep having to go through this process so obviously a real solution is needed. Multiple forum members are having the same problem.

SMF Version: 1.1.4
Forum: hxxp:hiphopi5.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

(This all seemed to start shortly after installing a new theme, can that possible have anything to do with it? It is giving me this too now: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/content/h/i/p/hiphopi5/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1733) : eval()'d code on line 330)

All help is appreciated!

!Hachi!

that error is regarding tiny portal which you tried to install anyway whats up with Tiny portal?did you try to install it ?hit F5 when you see this error.and see what happens.can you make test account for me to check.
Happy Ramadan

greyknight17

Do you have TinyPortal installed? Did you uninstall it by any chance because I don't see it there?

If you are using TinyPortal and want to use a custom theme, you have to make sure that the theme is compatible with it first.

You can give it a quick test to see if it is the theme issue. Switch back to the default theme to see if you still have those session issues.

evgenydeep

I had the same problem.
I not figure out why it happened, I just roll back my php.ini and all become workable again.

Rumbaar

I think your issue is the theme, and is a theme that is primarily designed or hardcoded to work with TP.  The fact you don't have that mod installed it's causing you the errors.  Get a pure SMF base version of the theme and you should be fine.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: