Quote function not working

Started by kai920, November 04, 2007, 12:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

kai920

thanks, I will give that a look. think I am running into the
same problems w the "ajax quick reply" mod.

kai920

Another question on AJAX functions: Under the forum's statistics center, when I click to expand each month - a bunch of extra table cells are generated. The attachments will clearly explain what I mean.

Is this also related to javascript and SEF URLs?  AFAIK, no javascript errors show up in FF console...

Extra tables cells are obviously not generated in standalone forum :)

PS. Is SMF's site attachment width not set at 600px? My attachments came in at the original width..

kai920

Quote from: Orstio on June 09, 2008, 11:14:15 PM
Yes, but you would need to turn your js files into php files:

1. Does this mean I need to rename the js into a php and "echo" everything out. The J/M one would then be called something xml_topic_wrapped.js with the commas, slashes changed etc.  Or is it more involved than that?

2. Should I use if (empty($_REQUEST['option'])) to check for the presence of Mambo/Joomla?

3. The file to edit would be index.template.php? I only see 2 calls to js in there.. sha1.js (I can leave this alone yes?) and script.js?fin11.

PS. Could I add a check right inside the javascript somehow to check the state of _REQUEST['option']?  Since this is how technoadvice recommended checking for M/J. would it be possible to do something like this?

if (!empty($_REQUEST['option'])){
    sendXMLDocument(smf_scripturl + "/action,post2/topic," + smf_topic + "/xml,xml", x.join("&"), onPostDone);
} else {
    sendXMLDocument(smf_scripturl + "?action=post2;topic=" + smf_topic + ";xml", x.join("&"), onPostDone);
}

kai920

Quote from: kai920 on June 11, 2008, 09:46:48 PM
PS. Could I add a check right inside the javascript somehow to check the state of _REQUEST['option']?  Since this is how technoadvice recommended checking for M/J. would it be possible to do something like this?

Hey Orstio,

I found a nice function here that can parse variables from a Joomla/Mambo non-SEF url.

function gup( name )
{
  name = name.replace(/[\[]/,"\\\[").replace(/[\]]/,"\\\]");
  var regexS = "[\\?&]"+name+"=([^&#]*)";
  var regex = new RegExp( regexS );
  var results = regex.exec( window.location.href );
  if( results == null )
    return "";
  else
    return results[1];
}

This works for a standard URL like index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=888. I can get the parameter using gup('option').

Do you know how to modify this function to automatically parse J/M SEF URLs? Ideally it would be able to auto-detect the presence of $mosConfig_sef.

Would this work?

if 'option' does not exist in the URL, assume we're SMF-only.
1. -- use regular SMF URLs (ie. smf_scripturl + "?action=post2;topic=888" )

if 'option does exist in the URL, assume we're in Joomla/Mambo.
2. -- if sef on, use SEF URLs (ie. smf_scripturl + "/action,post2/topic," + smf_topic)
3. -- if sef off, use regular URLs (ie. ie. smf_scripturl + "?action=post2;topic=888")

Advertisement: