News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshall stan

hi there.
i like the mod for my forum but i would like to change something on it.
i put the image on te left side of my forum and create a .png file 500x50
now the thing is that the text in the board does not go over the image.
but the text is putting it under the image.
how do i change that?
im using smf 2.0 rc3
thx

chinaren

Hey there Bulakbul!  First, many thanks for this mod. It was one of the first I installed on my SMF1 board, and it's a great relief to find it still alive and kicking for 2RC3.  

You may want to draw more attention to the latest version, (done by Sabre I think, thanks Sabre!) maybe by putting it on the top post of this thread, or the actual mod.  It took me some time and effort to track it down!

Thanks again for the mod!  Keep up the good work. :)

Quote from: Sabre™ on March 09, 2010, 10:14:40 AM

Quote from: Arantor on February 06, 2010, 03:45:36 PM
No, it looks like the code in the template needs to be refitted - the default template in 2.0 RC2 doesn't use tables.

Oh dang!!
I missed that in my quick edit  :-[
For those that installed the package on page 34, the attached package will fix the layout issue if you experienced it.
This is compatible for RC2 & RC3 default themes.

Will remove if requested. :)

~added
Quote from: Chas Large on March 09, 2010, 09:06:21 AM
Given that Bulakbol's last post on this site was in August 2009, I think the chances of any updates to this mod will rely on someone else modifying it. He seems to have gone away.

Yeah, he contacted me before he left stating that his offline life has taken priority now.
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

dvd123

btw can this work on theme  Overview from DzinerStudio  ?
i instal mod
http://img709.imageshack.us/f/breznaslovae.png/
wher need upload icons ...
maybe somone can help me whit teamwiver or on msn help add icons..

gbsothere

Quote from: dvd123 on July 05, 2010, 05:09:41 AM
btw can this work on theme  Overview from DzinerStudio  ?
i instal mod
http://img709.imageshack.us/f/breznaslovae.png/
wher need upload icons ...
maybe somone can help me whit teamwiver or on msn help add icons..

Hi, dvd123,

It can work with a custom theme, if you place this mod's edits in the template files for your theme.  This mod does edit several template files.  Go to the page where you download the mod and, next to the zip you downloaded, use the pulldown to take a look at the parsing instructions for all the templates.  Those edits need to be placed in the templates for your own theme, since the package manager only parses files for the Default theme. 

The templates being parsed for 1.1.11 are:

ManageBoards.template.php
Profile.template.php
Settings.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php

If your theme has any of these template files, you'll need to manually edit them.

Also, if you are not using English as your forum's default language, manually parse the version of Modifications.english.php that you do use.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

dvd123

Hi gbsothere

i looking here  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1266;attach=105976;smf_version=1.1.11
but is much work need much edit
yes my forum is on englis language
and i got this file
Settings.template

i got
Forum version: SMF 1.1.11
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.11
i found  Installation Instructions for 1.1.11

so need only this edit?
./Themes/default/Settings.template.php
and will work?

soz for my englis :/

gbsothere

If that's the only template file your theme has in common with the mod, dvd123, then, yes, that's the one you'll need to edit.

If you like, attach it and I'll take a look at it. 

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

dvd123

yeaaaaaaa
thanks you much for help now work :D
wich icons  size ? x ? can add max ?

gbsothere

Quote from: dvd123 on July 05, 2010, 05:09:38 PM
yeaaaaaaa
thanks you much for help now work :D
wich icons  size ? x ? can add max ?

I'm glad it's working for you.   ;)

35 x 35 works best with the default theme, but your theme may allow you to adjust the size slightly.  Take a look at this link. It's a post I made here last year that goes into detail about how to get the images to show up.  You can add as many as the number of boards you have.   :)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=246022.msg2175768#msg2175768

dvd123

btw no work :/ i use other icons ... and only work this icons wich is allready on mod files stop.png
wher need upload icons?
i want find file ImagesOnBoard from  this mod wher can find?because i think need here upload icons
/public_html...?

dvd123

yea i make
/public_html/forums/Themes/overview_119/images/ImagesOnBoard 
i uploads icons but dont show
here can see forum picture
http://img408.imageshack.us/i/breznaslova.png/

gbsothere

What is the name of that image that isn't showing?

dvd123

i tested 4 images and no 1 no show whit name pictures.png
i tested size  48x48 and 32x32 but nothing dont want show

gbsothere

Quote from: dvd123 on July 05, 2010, 05:56:50 PM
i tested 4 images and no 1 no show whit name pictures.png
i tested size  48x48 and 32x32 but nothing dont want show

What I meant, dvd, was that, on the ImageShack link you just gave me.... what is the name of the image you intend to be seen on the Music board?  What did you name that image (that's not showing up)?

dvd123

i use name music.png   but not show
btw i got only this pictures on  ImagesOnBoard
but stil how me this another images on wallpapers
maybe  can find  files of mods -ImagesOnBoard on  File Manager maybe need here upload

gbsothere

If you want, dvd, I can check your forum and server for you to try to determine what's going on.  You would need to create a temporary admin log in for your board (one that you can just delete when I'm done) but that has admin privileges so that I can take a look at things.  I may also need your ftp log in details (user name and password) so that I can check how you installed this mod and where things are.

If you want me to do that, just send me the link to you forum and the log in details in a Personal Message (don't put them here).

Before you do that, though, I always like to have members read this link, before they give out sensitive information:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.msg575795#msg575795

dvd123

i sended you now details of forum account
and details of host account (File Manager)

gbsothere

Quote from: dvd123 on July 05, 2010, 06:15:11 PM
i sended you now details of forum account
and details of host account (File Manager)

Looks like we have you fixed up.   ;)

tomy123456

i want know what need add or edit  on theme for work on every theme

iPhoneDestek

I have been using images for rc2 release of version 2.2 installed on board modifications. installation was not a problem. I want to edit a category, or section I noticed the theme has been corrupted.

$$  Q u a l i t y    I n f o r m a t i o n    L i n e  for iPhone $$

<   M O D  |  T R A N S L A T O R  |  TO  |  TUR  |  A N D   |  G E R   >

Wally.

Hey guys I just attempted to install "ImagesOnBoard2RC3" and it gave me several errors. All are related to finding "<td class="info">" on the "BoardIndex.template.php" or "MessageIndex.template.php" files for the various themes. So I loaded one of the files in Dreamweaver and did a search for the td line - Dreamweaver says those files don't have that line. What should I do to install this?

Advertisement: