thanks for the mod!

some bugs tho lol.  it doesn't save formatting, like

this kind of

formatting.

ended up like this:

this kind offormatting.

where the linebreaks weren't saved.

also when installing, there was an error on post.template

also in the user profile, its supposed to have the "show drafts" link around show posts and show topics and trace user etc, but it has it on its own menu section, below Actions where you can delete account.

cosoa

Thank you for working on updating this mod, Spuds! I could really use it for my RP site.

TheListener

Hey Spuds ( er are you a potato?  ;D )

Have tried the install on my test forum and had a clean install.

Found the button on the posting page.

However folks whether this would need a manual edit on a theme other than the default is unknown.

EDIT:

I had this error in the error log.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;updated
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: showDrafts
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: xxxxxxxxxxx/Sources/Profile.php
Line: 153

152:
'function' => 'showDrafts',
==>153:    
'label' =>  $txt['showDrafts'] . ' ' . $drafts_counter,

154:    
'file' => 'Profile-View.php',
155:    
'permission' => array(
156:    
'own' => array('profile_view_own', 'save_drafts'),
157:    
'any' => array(),
158:    
),

Spuds

QuoteHey Spuds ( er are you a potato?  ;D )
Nah, but I play one while on the couch :)

Quote8: Undefined index: showDrafts
Thanks for the error report, I was messing around with changing the variable names and then changed my mind but forgot to back a couple out (of course on my test system I still had them both doh!)

I've attached a new version which will fix the error or you can just go into your /themes/default/language/index.english.php (or whatever you base language is) and find the $txt[show_drafts] and change it to $txt['showDrafts']

TheListener

Sorted.

Spuds ya on a winner.

Btw I did it the lazy way.

EDIT:

Next up is seeing if it will work with the Ultimate Profile mod.

Sabre™

Quote from: Spuds on July 17, 2010, 05:39:23 PM
QuoteHey Spuds ( er are you a potato?  ;D )
Nah, but I play one while on the couch :)

lol
Good work Spuds :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Sakae

Hey Spuds! :D

I did gave a shot on this MOD, but my reply didn't worked anymore.

Unknown column 'board_id' in 'field list'
File: /***/Sources/Post.php
Line: 1143

Is it a bug with other MOD?
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

TheListener

What does the line say?

Can ya post the line involved plus the lines above and below please.

Sakae

Sure. Sorry haven't made it yet, I did uninstalled it on the fly, but now I have the time.

Line 1143 it's the end of this code:

if (allowedTo('save_drafts') && !isset($_REQUEST['msg'])) {

// now load the list of drafts this user has
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT board_id, topic_id, subject, draft_id, timestamp
FROM {db_prefix}drafts
WHERE member_id = {int:member_id}
ORDER BY timestamp DESC',
array(
'member_id' => $user_info['id']
)
);

Line 1143 it's the sad face );

LOL

TheListener

The lines you posted are the exact same as mine.

How many errors are in your log at the mo?

What mods are installed?

Sakae

Well, the answer for your both questions are: TONS of it.

Perhaps I should try investigating about this error... How can it be Unknown column 'board_id'? Shouldn't this be a default column on SMF RC3 (my version)?

Unknown column 'board_id' in 'field list'
File: /***/Sources/Post.php
Line: 1143

I had this MOD installed on my forum years ago, when we used SMF 1.1.9.

I upgrade the forum to SMF 2, perhaps this should be some old column of Drafts mod?...

Spuds

QuoteI had this MOD installed on my forum years ago, when we used SMF 1.1.9.

I upgrade the forum to SMF 2, perhaps this should be some old column of Drafts mod?...

Bingo! ... If you had the old version of the mod on 1.1x and upgraded to 2.0 you would have an old copy of the database table drafts.  Normally this would not be bad but 2.0 uses a different naming syntax for column names, so while on 2.0 its board_id on 1.1 it would have been boardID.

So what to do ... well guess I need to write an update script as part of the install so if it finds the old table it updates it to be compatible  :P

You can do one of two things in the meantime
1) drop the old drafts table from your database, could be some old drafts in there but who cares at this point really. Then do a fresh install of the mod.
2) Or you can modify the old table by opening the table and changing the column names as follows.
draftID => draft_id
memberID -> member_id
boardID -> board_id
topicID -> topic_id
categoryID -> category_id
isSticky -> is_sticky
smileysEnabled -> smileys_enabled
topicDescription -> topic_description

Sakae

Awesome!! It worked like a charm :)

KensonPlays

Thanks spud! (I have a couple of friends who like writing but don't want to lose stuff if they have to stop for something, save it for later!)

Sabre™

There's an official smf2 Drafts mod aswell.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

~DS~

Quote from: Spuds on July 27, 2010, 11:27:40 AM
Funny how it appeared after I made this one compatible with 2.0rc3 .... I had sent a note to Charles to see if he would let me take over this mod so it to could be official as well but have not heard back ...
Actually SD's draft mod is compatible with 2.0 RC3 before you ever did not to mention the fact it took 3 1/2 to get it approved.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

~DS~

Quote from: Spuds on July 27, 2010, 04:38:18 PM
No need to get all hostile, just thought it was funny.  There had been promises to make a drafts mod for 2.0 in this thread going back a year ...  finally I could not wait any longer and did the update and then an official one shows up, just funny, nothing more

I've removed my package from this thread so you won't feel the need to get all snarky towards me for trying to help the community.  ::)
No, no no. I was not trying to be hostile, but I am glad you actually did get it to work for the community. It certainly shows that you contributes when the author had not update in a while. :)
I am sorry if I am being snarky.

Cheers.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

gbsothere

I've removed my package from this thread

I'm glad I had the foresight to snag the zip a few days ago, then.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Soms

No need to get all hostile, just thought it was funny.  There had been promises to make a drafts mod for 2.0 in this thread going back a year ...  finally I could not wait any longer and did the update and then an official one shows up, just funny, nothing more

I've removed my package from this thread so you won't feel the need to get all snarky towards me for trying to help the community.  ::)

That's a pity having read the whole caveats accompanying the official release like it will not be supported or no new features will be added and stuff. I will suggest you keep working on your version and maybe you can keep helping others that way. You have my support whatever you do.

Sabre™

Spuds, there's no need to remove your version mate, you put alot of work into it, and assisted those when nobody else was.
A very good job mate, and the pages back show how many have appreciated it :)

Advertisement: