News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting a phpBB bot for SMF

Started by Old Lynx, July 09, 2008, 06:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick Tock

By the way it doesn't work for my forum, but thanks for pms Lanthan.Im waiting for mod.Maybe its will work...
This is our time, we have you now, you are our great delight, scream to your god, who never hears a thing, he's not with you now, the time is right !

owvvwo

hello,
great work you doing... thankyou

i face some problem
  • i am using "Automatically link posted URLs" option and "Registered Links" mods.. this cause problem links looking different
    e.g (check the attachment image)
  • how many topic it can check in one time run? ( i need this information because cronjob time depend with this information)
  • some times checks old posts and some time checks recent ten post
    i cant understand how this check base on?

owvvwo

i have another error (worning message)

Warning: Division by zero in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxxx/Sources/Linkbot.php on line 245

Warning: Division by zero in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxxx/Sources/Linkbot.php on line 245

RS Linkchecker Bot

Rhine

The bot bin one topic and then it creates like 20 new topics with 20 posts in each in the dust bin just saying dead links found over and over again, can you fix that please?

Lanthan

Quote from: owvvwo on September 26, 2008, 01:34:01 PM
hello,
great work you doing... thankyou
Thanks!

i face some problem
  • i am using "Automatically link posted URLs" option and "Registered Links" mods.. this cause problem links looking different
    e.g (check the attachment image)
I know this problem.. Its caused by parsing the URL Code with regular expression and extracting the links to make a different colour for the view of the post. depending on the style of the html url code, sometimes the inserted colour commands break the html view. I'm really sorry about that, but I have not found a solution yet which works correctly on all links. I think I have to recode the complete part, because this is a behaviour of the original phpbb mod also and I had only made a conversion to smf.

• how many topic it can check in one time run? ( i need this information because cronjob time depend with this information)
100 topics are checked at one time.

• some times checks old posts and some time checks recent ten post
    i cant understand how this check base on?
Correct, it checks only links that are viewed by members. If the members don't view a post, it will not be checked.

Regarding the warning message: This is caused by doubled links. Different members has posted the same link in their posts. The bot identifies the rs links by the rslinkid. This id is unique for every uploaded file. If different members post the same link it will be put only one time into database with the message_id from the first member. If now another member post this link the bot identifies the link in the database but is not able to count the links of this new member, cause he only finds the wrong first member.
This needs a complete recoding also, like above its from the orignal code.

Lanthan

Quote from: Rhine on September 28, 2008, 05:30:16 AM
The bot bin one topic and then it creates like 20 new topics with 20 posts in each in the dust bin just saying dead links found over and over again, can you fix that please?
Do you have put the boardid of the dead bin board into the settings of the dead bin board for moving? If not, you will have check the bot all posts in this board over and over again, as written in the readme.

I have also made a little correction to the bot, that should prevent him to make more then one reply to the moved thread. But this has nothing todo with cyclic checks as written above.

I have attached three files. Version1.0.1 with complete uninstall, 1.0.1 without deleting the settings and tables of the linkchecker, and for update, the linkbot.php file alone. This must be copied to your sources dir.

Rhine

Thanks, works great now, although is it possible to make this

Today at 03:00:04 PM
: Dead RS-Links found
: Dr. Linkbot "

look like this:

: ~Topic name here~
: Dr. Linkbot

so just change the ": Dead RS-Links found" to the topic name?

and is it possible to make a setting so it will skip some forums?

and if if the bot doenst bin the post count increase like hell, it has binned 2 posts and got a post count of 27 posts

Lanthan

Quote from: Rhine on September 28, 2008, 11:47:01 AM
Thanks, works great now, although is it possible to make this
I'm glad to hear this.

: Dead RS-Links found
: Dr. Linkbot "

look like this:

: ~Topic name here~
: Dr. Linkbot

so just change the ": Dead RS-Links found" to the topic name?
Good idea, I have took this into the list for the next version 1.1.

and is it possible to make a setting so it will skip some forums?
This is already planned for one of the next versions.

and if if the bot doenst bin the post count increase like hell, it has binned 2 posts and got a post count of 27 posts
First, now it should not increase the post count more then the posts the bot made. Second, you can disable the count of posts in the settings of the bin board.

Some good news for all. I'm in contact with the SMF Customization Team to get it into the official mod section. I have to make some small modifications to the code to get it approved.
So stay tuned for official release!
If this is done I can code and release version 1.1 with new features.

Rhine

I've disabled the post count in dust bin but the topic number of the dust bin increases without any posts are made the bot posts is also increasing any idea how to stop that?

owvvwo

On my website
one topic deleted for rs-deadlinks
then i search new working links and replaced with new one
then i move the topic from recycle board to some other board

but next time  rs-bot  view that topic and delete that topic even that topic have good working link
why?
please correct it....

hadesflames

hey lanthan you should make it so that the bot checks ALL most, not just the ones with views.

owvvwo

this mod is using wrong deleting method and  posting method so smf face lot of problems

nikosuk

hello everyone,
First of all thanks for the awesome script :)

I am trying to make this mod work on a custom theme.. SMF 1.1.6
when installing , it failed the modsettings.php ( i edited this manually)
I have created the user, and think that the configuration is ok.
On my DB i have the tables and with the precheckallrslinks.php i get "All Links fetched"
when i try to run the cronrsschcker.php i get an 500 Error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator...blah blah blah

I am a noob in coding but i suspect something is wrong with my Hosting Company?

Is there something else i could do?
Please help!

nikosuk

tampaba1

Lanthan hasn't been active since September 29, 2008 so, unless someone else picks this up,  the mod development seems to be dead.

www.lightamillioncandles.com
Light a candle against online child abuse!!

hadesflames

it seems to be working pretty good for the most part....I use it myself every hour on the hour every day with a cron and it never fails =P

madman71

Guys,

Im having a link checker made for me. Im paying someone for it. I should be getting it around the first of Dec. I gave him permission to release it to the SMF community.
Here's my request http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271395.0

tampaba1

Very kind of you madman71. Been hoping someone would pick this up or make one of their own.

Thank you,
www.lightamillioncandles.com
Light a candle against online child abuse!!

4Kstore

I install this but i have some problem with hide mod.... any suggestion?

Thanks.Baiis!

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

imno007

Advertisement: