News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: cloudstrife465 on January 11, 2018, 10:19:07 PM
when i try to access the custom mod on 2.0.10 in the modifcation settings its giving me this error code

what do i need to do to fix it

This page isn't working
rrgscommunity.epizy.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
Check your server's error log. It should contain a more detailed explanation of what went wrong.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Also, you need to upgrade to 2.0.15 ASAP. You are 5 versions behind, including several security patches
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cloudstrife465

ok yeh figures here ill get the details

hxxp:rrgscommunity.epizy.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=CustomFormMod_v1.7_SMF2x.zip [nonactive]
8: Undefined index: package_readme
File: /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 356

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That error would not likely cause a 500, and is not from the server side logs. If you have access to the error logs of the server, look for a 500 error in there.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

cloudstrife465

Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $nul in /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2692 its giving me this error message

cloudstrife465

well first it was the previous one i fixed that now its showing this

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare CustomFormSettings() (previously declared in /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/ManageSettings.php:2064) in /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 3375

cloudstrife465

Quote from: cloudstrife465 on January 15, 2018, 02:08:29 AM
well first it was the previous one i fixed that now its showing this

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare CustomFormSettings() (previously declared in /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/ManageSettings.php:2064) in /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 3375

Kindred

You have installed the mod twice. You will have to MANUALLY  remove the duplicated code...  probably in several files.   Or restore the backup that you took before doing the install.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cloudstrife465

Quote from: Kindred on January 15, 2018, 05:49:44 PM
You have installed the mod twice. You will have to MANUALLY  remove the duplicated code...  probably in several files.   Or restore the backup that you took before doing the install.

thanks man it worked i reinstall the entire forums and redid it this time it worked thanks

cloudstrife465

how do i get the application to show to the guests and members though i created one in the general section but nothing shows there

valion301

Hi

I'm running SMF 2.0.15, getting the following error when attempting to create a 'New Field' on a form:

QuoteURLhttps://www.-------.com/forums/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=customform;form_id=2;8: Undefined variable: settings
File: /----/-----/public_html/blackstarlegion/forums/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2327

From ManageSettings.php, lines 2311 - 2335.  Not sure what's wrong with line 2327.  I've done no modifications to the code.  Line 2327: "$settings[file_exists($settings['theme_dir']"
- I have changed themes and tried it with no luck.

Quoterequire_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Editor.php');
      // Message icons - customized icons are off?
      $context['icons'] = getMessageIcons(!empty($context['cf_forms']['id_board']) ? $context['cf_forms']['id_board'] : 0);

if (!empty($context['icons']))
         $context['icons'][count($context['icons']) - 1]['is_last'] = true;

$context['icon_url'] = '';
      for ($i = 0, $n = count($context['icons']); $i < $n; $i++)
      {
         $context['icons'][$i]['selected'] = $context['custom_form_settings']['icon'] == $context['icons'][$i]['value'];
         if ($context['icons'][$i]['selected'])
            $context['icon_url'] = $context['icons'][$i]['url'];
      }
      if (empty($context['icon_url']))
      {
         $context['icon_url'] = $settings[file_exists($settings['theme_dir'] . '/images/post/' . $context['icon'] . '.gif') ? 'images_url' : 'default_images_url'] . '/post/' . $context['icon'] . '.gif';
         array_unshift($context['icons'], array(
            'value' => $context['icon'],
            'name' => $txt['current_icon'],
            'url' => $context['icon_url'],
            'is_last' => empty($context['icons']),
            'selected' => true,
         ));
      }

Currently I can create and save a new form, but fields are not saving.  Any help would be appreciated.

Kindred

that is not a changed line...   and the section of code is not even part of this mod.   so, that suggests that you changed something that should not have been changed, either form this or some other mod.

Specifically, it seems that you removed a variable global definition of teh $settings variable ---  I am surprised that you've only seen one error.
Слaва
Украинi

valion301

Hello

Thank you for the reply.  I have not touched the code as I'm not a scripter or coder.  I downloaded 2.0.15 and installed it.  And I downloaded the Custom Form Mod from inside SMF forums package manager and installed it.

Trust me, I dont mess with code.  I dont know a thing about it.

So any recommended fixes or leads on how I can fix this so I can save fields?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

thunderchld

Quote from: cloudstrife465 on January 14, 2018, 06:25:13 PM
Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $nul in /home/vol2_1/epizy.com/epiz_21378634/htdocs/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2692 its giving me this error message

For this, I removed the "$nul" entries on the line:

Error:
Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $nul in /services/Forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2727

Action:

Changed line ManagedSettings.php Line 2727 from:
function list_CustomForm_fields($nul, $nul, $nul, $id)

to:
function list_CustomForm_fields($id)

Put it in my test site and things seem to be working OK again.

Kindred

I believe that would be the incorrect way to handle the situation, as you have now removed 3 of the 4 arguments that may be passed to the function.

I think that his was addressed earlier in this thread by using $nul1, $nul2, $nul3 - which is a better option, IMO

Strangely enough, though -- I have never seen this error and I have been using the custom forms for years.
Слaва
Украинi

thunderchld

Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2018, 09:39:44 AM
I believe that would be the incorrect way to handle the situation, as you have now removed 3 of the 4 arguments that may be passed to the function.

I think that his was addressed earlier in this thread by using $nul1, $nul2, $nul3 - which is a better option, IMO

Strangely enough, though -- I have never seen this error and I have been using the custom forms for years.

I'll go back and try nul1, nul2, and nul3 - I thought I renamed them but it didn't work - though I am not sure if it was specifically with numbers.   It seems to be working OK without those three values.

I never saw this error until the hosting company upgraded PHP to 5.6

XRealismX

When I download the Custom Form Mod it just makes the "Features and Options" in the admin menu not work. All it does when I click on it it comes up with an error that says "This page isn't working" Website "is currently unable to handle this request." "HTTP ERROR 500". I waited for 1 hour and the same error happens. Once I disable the mod that page starts working again. Is there any solutions to this problem!?!?

Kindred

sounds like you either a) have problem with your host (likely - a 500 error indicates a server side error) and/or b) had some errors during installation which you ignored...

The mod works perfectly well for me on 2.0.15 (and has worked since 2.0.5 for me)
Слaва
Украинi

XRealismX

It worked before I tried a month ago with the same host. There was no errors in installation that showed up like I said once I uninstalled that mod that part of the admin menu works. I have installed other mods and there is no errors that show up.

Advertisement: