News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadav

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2019, 03:55:45 PM
look in your server error log....   when you get a blank page, it's a php core error....    and you need to look at the server log to figure out what.
unfortunately there is nothing in my error logs, but thank you

Kindred

not your SMF error log... the SERVER error log.

If you got a blank screen, several times, without the error being recorded, then you have issues with your SERVER configuration - talk to your host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sirfpsycho

how does it work? I installed it but opening https://example.com/index.php?action=form
it gives: Screenshot_1.png

I added these setting in admin panel:

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

ladyquack

I just tried installing this modification on a clean copy of 2.0.15 and it was also throwing HTTP ERROR 500. When I checked my error log, it shows PHP Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $nul in /home/xcxcx/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 3310. The string of coding on that line is "function list_CustomForm_fields($nul, $nul, $nul, $id)". I'm not exactly sure with how to proceed fixing this issue.

Arantor

Change the second $nul to $nul2 and the third to $nul3 but leave the first alone.

ladyquack

Quote from: Arantor on November 12, 2019, 02:21:53 PM
Change the second $nul to $nul2 and the third to $nul3 but leave the first alone.

That seemed to do the trick. Thank you so much!

Atomixx

Anyway, for the dropdown box be able to list all the members of a member group for example?

petewadey

I'm running 2.0.17. When updating to php 7.2, I lost a lot of admin functionality on my site. It was suggested that a mod might be the cause, so one by one I uninstalled my mods and retested php 7.2. When I deleted this mod, all was fixed. Any ideas? as I would really like to keep this mod. Thanks

Diego Andrés

What kind of problems did you get while using the mod?
Can you describe what functionalities did you lose and did you get any errors in the log that might help identify the issue?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

petewadey

I didn't have any user problems, only Admin. ie Admin>Configuration>Security and Moderation would get a white page with "This page isn't working" message. Same thing on some other Admin pages. No error messages. Thanks

Plus

Quote from: petewadey on February 09, 2020, 08:24:13 AM
I'm running 2.0.17. When updating to php 7.2, I lost a lot of admin functionality on my site. It was suggested that a mod might be the cause, so one by one I uninstalled my mods and retested php 7.2. When I deleted this mod, all was fixed. Any ideas? as I would really like to keep this mod. Thanks

follow this : managesettings.php Change the second $nul to $nul2 and the third to $nul3 but leave the first alone.

Sectomy

Hi,

so theres actually no way for attachments or ?
cause this would be an awsome mods for Reviews or Announcements, so a User can fill the fields , upload attachments (images) to the Post.

greets
andi

Taelt

Hi All,

The mod seems to be working fine with the changes done through the topic (Thanks everyone!)

But... i am having an odd "bug" Only the first Custom is showing up.

Even if i try accessing the new ones i created, i cant access them (although i am Admin...) I have even tried duplicating the first entry in the database (and changing its number obviously) and still not working. Only the first custom form shows up when accessing "action=form;" It should show all custom forms here...

Can anyone give me a little hand with this? I have tried searching in Managesettings.php and CustomForm.php but cant find anything that helps regarding the forms access :(

Thanks in advance!

Sectomy

so, no image attachment option or ?
sorry, havent found others then requests after an image option ....

FragaCampos

This is a feature already requested and discussed in this topic sometimes, but, unfortunately, no one was able to do it.

Quote from: Sectomy on July 25, 2020, 08:30:16 AM
so, no image attachment option or ?
sorry, havent found others then requests after an image option ....

Sectomy

what a shame, that would be the perfect mod , if there would be some sort of image attachment /upload .....

Sectomy

hi,

is it possible to "copy" a Form to another "Subforum" ?
we have many Subforums and i wanna add the same formular to all the Subforums...

so to specify:
I have a Forum Category: Announcements
with Subforums of Brands (i.e. 20 Brands)
if a user wanna Post in one Subforum, they got the Same Custom Form to fill out, but it will be posted to the correct Forum.
So i dont need to add all fields to a new Form except the Board it will be posted....
i hope you understand what i wanna to say :)

FragaCampos

This mod creates two tables in the database: cf_fields and cf_forms.
I believe you only need to copy those two tables and add them to the database. Just try it.

Sectomy

yeah, ive done that, and it works :) thanx !
but now i got 2 Errors in my Error Log:

8: Undefined index: CustomForm_tabheader
Filter hinzufügen: Nur Fehler von dieser Datei zeigen
Datei: /Admin.php
Zeile: 226

in this Line:

// Mod Authors for a "ADD AFTER" on this line. Ensure you end your change with a comma. For example:
225: //Place the Custom Form Mod Link.
==>226:  'customform' => array($txt['CustomForm_tabheader']),
227: // 'shout' => array($txt['shout']),
228: // Note the comma!! The setting with automatically appear with the first mod to be added.

and this one if someone submits a form:

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Datei: Subs-Post.php
Zeile: 3091

this is in the line:

3089: // Ignore any parents on the top child level.
3090: //!!! Why?
==>3091: foreach ($parents as $id => $parent)
3092: {
3093: if ($parent['level'] != 0)

any Ideas ?

greets
andy

Sectomy

Quote from: Sectomy on August 21, 2020, 03:02:33 AM

8: Undefined index: CustomForm_tabheader
Datei: /Admin.php
Zeile: 226

in this Line:

// Mod Authors for a "ADD AFTER" on this line. Ensure you end your change with a comma. For example:
225: //Place the Custom Form Mod Link.
==>226:  'customform' => array($txt['CustomForm_tabheader']),
227: // 'shout' => array($txt['shout']),
228: // Note the comma!! The setting with automatically appear with the first mod to be added.

Fixed: This line: "$txt['CustomForm_tabheader'] = 'Custom Forms';" is missing from Modifications.english.php' file.

Advertisement: