News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Show Local Url Titles

Started by Nathaniel, July 17, 2008, 11:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Marsh on March 18, 2010, 02:05:10 AM
Updated for Rc3 here: http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/LocalUrlRc3Marsh.zip

Not sure if the author plans on updating it. I will contact him if i can take over the mod.

Awesome! Thank you, it works :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

~DS~

Quote from: SunKing on March 18, 2010, 02:01:13 PM
This is for local URLs. It's not going to embed the title for an external link.
Ahh, got it.

Does this even work on existing already posted url links?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Marsh

yes it does dismal

Thanks jade :)
625,195 Posts in 50,808 Topics by 34,295 Members.

Powered by SMF 2.0

www.touchofdeathproductions.com

~DS~

Allright thanks, looks great and works. Someone have any plans for external links?  :P
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Marsh

That may not even be possible dismal. Or it may be overly complicated.
625,195 Posts in 50,808 Topics by 34,295 Members.

Powered by SMF 2.0

www.touchofdeathproductions.com

~DS~

Quote from: Marsh on March 20, 2010, 10:37:15 AM
I know, not impossible but it can be done only by Nao which requires alot of coding which his AeMe was succeeded pulling those external url links into titles.  :P

Antechinus

Has anyone managed to get this working without errors on 1.1.11?

[unplugged]

It seems to be working for me on 1.1.11.

EDIT:
DAMN i have too many test sites....

http://www.empireofthesun.net/smf1/index.php?topic=3.msg4#msg4
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

~DS~

[unplugged]

That'll teach me to not pay attention...

Link updated.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

~DS~

Quote from: SunKing on March 21, 2010, 02:13:04 PM
That'll teach me to not pay attention...

Link updated.
You wouldn't happen to use  the bbc code now would you?  :P
[url=www.testsite1.com]Welcome to SMF[/url]

[unplugged]

That would be cheating now, wouldn't it...

I have enabled guest posting......you can try it for yourself.

~DS~

Quote from: SunKing on March 21, 2010, 02:27:34 PM
That would be cheating now, wouldn't it...

I have enabled guest posting......you can try it for yourself.
Seem to work
http://www.empireofthesun.net/smf1/index.php?topic=4.0
There you have it Antechinus.

@SK, for the love of god, disable hostname lookups, it loads very slow. And btw...the site's messed up with the buttons. :P

[unplugged]

That's why it's called a TEST site. ;)

Antechinus

Try it with AEVA installed and see if it breaks links all over the place. Did for me. ;)

Was fine on 1.1.10 but the changes in url handling in 1.1.11 broke every link on our site.

~DS~

Quote from: Antechinus on March 21, 2010, 05:39:16 PM
Try it with AEVA installed and see if it breaks links all over the place. Did for me. ;)

Was fine on 1.1.10 but the changes in url handling in 1.1.11 broke every link on our site.
I have AeMe with this installed on RC3 no problem. Can't say the same for 1.1.11

[unplugged]

I just installed Aeva on 1.1.11 and do not seem to have any issues. I checked the links that were posted before Aeva, as well as posted a test link after installing Aeva. No apparent problems.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Marsh on March 20, 2010, 10:37:15 AM

I told Nathan he should have made the mod change the BBC tags for ALL links to become the title.....regardless of where. Especially since it works only for topic and board links, not profile, gallery, etc.

That would eliminate the need for lookups, and if the mod couldnt be upgraded all of the links from the past have titles cause the mod had changed the BBC in post.

However, should that be done there should be a script to do like 30 URLs at a time to update the messages table so that any that currently arent titled become titled :).

Hope that made sense, I have a headache and fever :(.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

luismanson

is it me or it wont work with PrettyURLs ?

kangkenyot

Advertisement: