News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Installing more languages

Started by ivo2296, January 20, 2005, 10:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo2296

Hi all,

Is there way to install on my forum more laguages so users can be able to choose like here. I'm with v. 1.0.1 .

Thanks in advance!

CapriSkye

just upload new languages to your theme directory, they will show up in the selection.
letting users choose language can be turned on in your admin

Alexandre P.

And the language files can be downloaded from Downloads.  There are about 15 languages available for now for 1.0.1 :)
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Pause

Quote from: Alexandre P. on January 21, 2005, 01:01:37 PM
There are about 15 languages available for now for 1.0.1 :)
Makes me think that I should try learning another language lol
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

ivo2296

Thank you all,

i just have installed a new theme, but I'd like to use default translations to translate that particular theme. Can you pls give me an advise of which files i have to work and also by doing that I'd like to add and bulgarian translation to my installed theme and to main SMF theme which I'm going share in here too.

Thanks!

CapriSkye

if you go to Themes/default/languages/ you'll see all the files that need to be translated. if you like to do bulgarian translation, you should rename all files to something like Admin.bulgarian.php, Errors.bulgarian.php etc...
then keep all those files in the same folder as english. if you do it all correct you should see the new language in selection.

Advertisement: