News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PageEar (Page peel)

Started by KiLLuMiNaTi-7-, August 07, 2008, 07:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtificialIntelligence

Hi,

I am using smf 1.1.9, n i have got it to work on the default theme. i am not able to get it to work on one of the dziner studio themes that i am currently using. i have made all the edits in the index.template file for this theme but it just refuses to work. Could you please have a look and suggest something? It does appear in the features n options area of my admin section though.

www.labradorchat.com

Thank you in advance.

AI

Sabre™

@ Winglet
Could you attach your ModSettings.php located in your Sources folder.

@ AI
May I look at your custom themes index.template.php?
If so, attach it to your next post :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Winglet

Sabre™

Hi mate, all the code is there, and it is showing when I test your template on my own site.
Are you looking in your Features and Options section in your admin panel?

You should see      Basic Features   Layout and Options   PageEar   Karma
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

ArtificialIntelligence

Thank you Sabre. Find attached my index.template.php file

-AI

Sabre™

My pleasure buddy :)

You had a line of code all on one line with  //  canceling it out.
It should work now.

Enjoy :)

Winglet

@Sabre
Thanks man. Everything is OK now.
I put code to Modifications.english-utf8.php, and now is OK.
Thanks again!

Sabre™

Anytime buddy :)
Just remember if all the functions are there, but the words are not, to check your language UTF8 files ;)

regards

ArtificialIntelligence

Works like a breeze. Thanks a ton man. Appreciate it. :)

-AI

akosiparusa

seems I am having trouble whenever I replacing my Modsettings. The pagepeel appears but whenever I want to configure it on ACP, I get blank page.

Attached is the Modsettings.

Can someone please give me a help.

TIA

usa4all

Hi There,

I manually installed this mod. But the option is not shown in my features & Options section.

* Basisinstellingen | Lay-out |  |  | Aeva | Aeva Sites | Karma |
  (I'm using the dutch language, but even when i Change this to Englis it's not there.)

Could anyone please take a look what's wrong?  TX!

Index-template attached

Sabre™

@ akosiparusa
Your Ultimate Profile edits were causing the error.
Try the attached Modsettings file.

@ usa4all
See if the attached index.template helps
If not, see if you have a file named Modifications.english-utf8.php  or Modifications.dutch-utf8.php and add the language strings to them

usa4all

Quote from: Sabre™ on July 06, 2009, 05:31:18 AM

@ usa4all
If not, see if you have a file named Modifications.english-utf8.php  or Modifications.dutch-utf8.php and add the language strings to them

Tx, i see the ear, but can't find the settings, even if i change to English ..  any suggestions?

usa4all

Quote from: usa4all on July 06, 2009, 06:47:38 AM
Quote from: Sabre™ on July 06, 2009, 05:31:18 AM

@ usa4all

Tx, i see the ear, but can't find the settings, even if i change to English ..  any suggestions?

GOT IT !

Had to change ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php  manually..

usa4all

Hi,

I did translated in to DUTCH,   (Modifications.dutch.php)

Quote$txt['pageear_settings_title'] = 'PageEar';
$txt['pageear_enable'] = 'PageEar aanzetten';
$txt['pageear_small_url'] = 'URL voor het kleine plaatje<br /><span class="smalltext">(http://www.jouwwebsite.nl/pageear_s.jpg)<br />(Moet zijn 100x100)</span>';
$txt['pageear_big_url'] = 'URL voor het grote plaatje<br /><span class="smalltext">(http://www.jouwwebsite.nl/pageear_b.jpg)<br />(Moet zijn 500x500)</span>';
$txt['pageear_mirror'] = 'Spiegel effect<br /><span class="smalltext">(Gebruik "true" voor aan of "false" voor uit)</span>';
$txt['pageear_jumpto'] = 'URL verwijzen naar<br /><span class="smalltext">(http://www.jouwwebsite.nl/hiernaartoe.html)</span>';
$txt['pageear_opennew'] = 'Openen in zelfde of nieuw venster<br /><span class="smalltext">(Gebruik "new" voor nieuw venster of "self" voor openen in het zelfde venster)</span>';
$txt['pageear_onload'] = 'Open pageear automatisch<br /><span class="smalltext">("false" = Niet automatisch openen | "0.1" = Open automatisch na X seconden)</span>';
$txt['pageear_pageear_closeonload'] = 'Aantal seconden voor het sluiten van page ear<br /><span class="smalltext">(alleen gebruiken als u bovenstaand optie heeft gewijzigd)</span>';
$txt['pageear_rtlt'] = 'Links of rechts in browser<br /><span class="smalltext">(gebruik lt = links of rt = rechts)</span>';
$txt['pageear_softfade'] = 'Fade in pageEar als pagina volledig is geladen<br /><span class="smalltext">(0-5: 0=uit, 1=langzaam, 5=snel )</span>';

I tested on my own site and it's working fine.  Maybe anyone want to use it!

NaYa

i am installed page ear in ma forum

now can u say how it shows ?

there is no change in ma forum

visit www.mobile4m.com and help me to show page ear

thank s
http://www.filmyplanet.com - The entertainment portal !

dkharp

This is a good modern mode, Thank you!  Where do I put the images. I seem to be unable to find them

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Quote from: dkharp on December 13, 2009, 07:45:29 AM
This is a good modern mode, Thank you!  Where do I put the images. I seem to be unable to find them

You upload them somewhere to your server then define them in your admin panel as you can see here (URL to small image & URL to big image):
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1305;id=124210;image

If your on SMF 1.1.X goto admin -> features and options -> PageEar.

dkharp

Thanks! after taking a bit more time I noticed it says right next to it.

Here is what I did with mine.
www.36thid.com

dkharp

Hello,

I am getting a new error. When I go into admin settings to adjust.  I get this now.

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function ModifyPageEarModSettings() in /home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 227

Can anyone help?

Advertisement: