News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

My announcements or newslatters are not delivered

Started by ekfaysal, August 14, 2008, 05:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekfaysal

Hey
another thing i have just noticed

When i go to forum maintanance-Routine:

Find and repair any errors.

Then it shows this messg
QuoteThe following errors are fouling up your forum:
Message #31380 is in non-existent topic #0.
Topic #6279 contains no (actual) messages.
The subject of topic #6279 is currently not stored in the subject cache.

Would you like to fix these errors?
Yes - No
when i click yes it says
QuoteDuplicate entry '31380-41' for key 2
File: /home/dreamsma/public_html/Sources/RepairBoards.php(317) : runtime-created function
Line: 19

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public, while your database is at version 2.0 Beta 3 Public. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

any help

Rumbaar

Quote from: Rumbaar on September 04, 2008, 01:53:21 AMYeah that file doesn't normally have that many lines either.  Please attach yours.
You haven't attached the file, do this via the attachment feature.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

Sorry i forgot that time
im facing lots of errors these days

Rumbaar

Well looks like you've installed mods that haven't been written for SMF 2.0, as it's using $txt[] strings from 1.1.x

Change $txt[302] to $txt['newmessages3'], but I'm sure you'll have a lot more if you've installed mods that aren't written for 2.x
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

some days back i did by mistake
i dont remember which one

Rumbaar

Well if you can't remember, this is little hope we'll know :)

You'll have to try and remember, then remove / alter the code it's put into your forum.  I'm sure this is the source or one of the sources of all your errors. You have to be very mindful when much such changes.

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

i m fed up with the errors now
it shows my langauge files are not updated..

i think there is only one solution i must go for

Backup my database, attachments, smileys, avatars etc,,,
then i hav to remove all my forum,, then i will install new fresh one,, then upload database again,, then restore everything

u suggest is this tha last option for me?

Rumbaar

Well if it's unmanageable to troubleshoot and identify the incorrect code added by using mods not compatible with your version of SMF, then I would say yes.

Just be very mindful in the future to only install mods compatible with your SMF version, though I don't understand how you were able too.  As the mod should have indicated errors and/or not even proceeded with the installation due to conflict of versions.

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

Hey
i have done what you said
replaced $txt[302] to $txt['newmessages3'],

now please tell me installing new forum and then importing my database via phpmyadmin can solve my this problm or not

QuoteDuplicate entry '31380-41' for key 2
File: /home/dreamsma/public_html/Sources/RepairBoards.php(317) : runtime-created function
Line: 19

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public, while your database is at version 2.0 Beta 3 Public. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Rumbaar

Well if you have a db issue, then moving it to a new forum might result in your moving that error to the new forum.  Thus not fixing the error.

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

Rumbaar

Well it seems to tie in with your previous maintenance and issue with message (Message #31380 is in non-existent topic #0. )

Try to search your message table for the duplicate entries and remove the incorrect/duplicate one.  Be sure to backup first.

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

sorry i dont know
can u please tell me in detail

Rumbaar

Go into your phpMyAdmin, select the messages table and search for instances of that ID number.  But what is the best course of action once you've found them, I'm not too sure.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: