News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ask for gender during registration

Started by kerux4, February 13, 2005, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jannah

I just installed this mod and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. When I went back and looked at it manually everything was fine as well. Then I realized that my SMF was using Modifications.english-utf8.php instead of Modifications.english.php D'OH!!  I copied the regular one over to utf and it works... but why is it defaulting to the utf one where can i change that?

Thanx.
Jannah

redone

All this mod does is change the register.template.php. Converting to utf is something you must do to your board.

To resolve this you need a backup of your database prior to converting to utf.

falguni1

TrueSatan

No update needed the mod already supports current SMF versions.

aw06

Quote from: [Unknown] on February 14, 2005, 07:02:58 PM
Where ever you want the option to appear :P.

For example, if you wanted it after the password, you'd find:

</tr><tr>
<td width="40%">
<b>', $txt[82], ':</b>
</td>
<td>
<input type="password" name="passwrd2" size="30" />
</td>
</tr>

Add after that:

</tr><tr>
<td width="40%">
<b>Gender:</b>
</td>
<td>
<input type="radio" name="gender" value="0" checked="checked" /> Leave it to the imagination<br />
<input type="radio" name="gender" value="1" /> Male<br />
<input type="radio" name="gender" value="2" /> Female<br />
</td>
</tr>

If you're not comfortable with HTML, I suggest you look at the tutorials on www.w3schools.com ;).

-[Unknown]

Lets say i dont want a leave to imagination option, and i remove that line of code .. do i then have to change the value for male and female .. or they can remain on 1 & 2 ???

eg..

<input type="radio" name="gender" value="1" /> Male<br />
                     <input type="radio" name="gender" value="2" /> Female<br />

or

<input type="radio" name="gender" value="0" /> Male<br />
                     <input type="radio" name="gender" value="1" /> Female<br />

or
<input type="radio" name="gender" value="0" checked="checked" /> Male<br />
                     <input type="radio" name="gender" value="1" /> Female<br />

Which is the better code to use  :-\
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

MoreBloodWine

Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Advertisement: