News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Select Newsletters at Registration

Started by margarett, May 11, 2015, 10:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Link to Mod

Select Newsletters at Registration

By default, users registering at your forum are automatically subscribed to your "Newsletters". While this might be a good thing, some users might feel abused and interpret an unsolicited newsletter as SPAM.
This MODification adds a new field (checkbox) at registration which allows the new user to clearly choose whether or not he wants to receive your news by email.

Languages:
   - English

Changelog

Version 1.0 // 10-05-2015
================================================================================
+ First release

Legend:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Minor change or bugfix.
+ Feature addition or improvement.
- Feature or option removal.

License: Simplified BSD
Copyright (c) 2015, Bruno Alves
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alpay

Thank you ^^

Turkish translate ;

./Themes/default/languages/index.turkish.php

$txt['notify_announcements'] = 'Yöneticiden Önemli E-Mail Gönderilmesine İzin Ver';

BuddahBoy

Hey margarett - I was looking for something like this - thanks much. 

I would like to change the text:  Allow the administrators to send me important news by email

Can't find where to do so - can ya point me in the right direction? 

Thanks yet again for your assistance. 

All the best
Ron

Steve

./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
DO NOT pm me for support!

BuddahBoy

Thank you Steve - for some reason I didn't find that file when looking for it -- hook me up the coffee IV!

Appreciate you taking the time. 

Ron

margarett

Thanks Steve ;)

Just a sidenote: if you change the strings and later choose to uninstall the MOD, Package Manager will throw an error because it won't be able to find what it originally deployed. Not a real issue, just thought you should know ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

BuddahBoy

Thanks for the heads up margarett - it's a very useful feature and don't think I'll delete it but if I do for some reason, very good to know. 

Appreciate all that you do. 

Ron

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: