News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Simple Question Thank you

Started by minoryears, August 22, 2008, 10:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minoryears

I installed a custom theme, "Pink Blitz"

There is a big pink blitz logo at the top. How does one remove the logo and impliment my own?

I read on the forums that I need to upload logo and go to admin, current theme, logo image url.

So I made a logo with photoshop and made it a GIF, went to photobucket and uploaded it, and then I got the image code and pasted it in the box and pushed save, nothing happened. Its still the pink blitz logo

ccbtimewiz

Some themes use their own logo and disable the admin panel one.

Can you link me to your website so I can find out the image name?

minoryears

yes sir.

hxxp:socialpink.com/ [nonactive]

Deprecated

The simplest thing to do is to just name your own file the same as the old logo and overwrite it, but that won't work if you're going to a different file extension.

As long as you have your own site and hosting, don't bother putting it on a web host. Instead you can just put it on your own site. You could put it in your themes/images directory, or do like I do where I have a /img directory where I put all my own images via FTP.

The admin -> current theme -> logo image url should have worked. Be sure to clear your browser cache. You might also clear the forum cache although that's probably not likely.

It might help if you post the URL of your forum.

ccbtimewiz

The image is located at http://socialpink.com/Themes/Pinkblitz/images/pkblogo.gif

So replacing this image will make your own logo. Eg, upload your logo as pkblogo.gif into that directory and overwrite.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: Deprecated on August 22, 2008, 10:59:33 PM
The simplest thing to do is to just name your own file the same as the old logo and overwrite it, but that won't work if you're going to a different file extension.

As long as you have your own site and hosting, don't bother putting it on a web host. Instead you can just put it on your own site. You could put it in your themes/images directory, or do like I do where I have a /img directory where I put all my own images via FTP.

The admin -> current theme -> logo image url should have worked. Be sure to clear your browser cache. You might also clear the forum cache although that's probably not likely.

It might help if you post the URL of your forum.

The logo URL in the Current Theme settings only works on certain cases. Some themes do not support this setting; such as Pink Blitz.

minoryears

Good idea. Thank you for your wonderful support. Have a good day.

SwapsRulez

If you need to change the logo with link from other sites, you need to edit the custom theme's css file.

for your theme, go to you css file in the theme directory, find the word pkblogo.gif

And replace the word with your photobucket custom URL. This trick will allow you to divide your bandwidth among 2 or more servers. ;)
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

Advertisement: