News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wladymeer

Quote from: wladymeer on June 26, 2009, 11:55:36 AM
Is there any way you can disable "chat" link on the top menu for guests? In other words, is there any way to make that link visible to members only? Or, is there any way to require username & password match to SMF username base for logging into chat or something like that?

Main idea is to prevent guests from logging in so anything will do ;)

Also, I have joomla for my main page - are you familiar with showing that "X user is in chat.:" link there?

I apologize if those questions were asked already but I've searched topic and couldn't find it.

And I also apologize for bumping this up but it seems to me you missed it - but I really admire your feedback :)

mrtrc266

Quote from: Bionic Rooster on June 26, 2009, 09:56:18 PM
If I activate shoutbox I get the following error (18:55:20) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500

Yeah that's the same error as when you try to access your chat.

In almost every case this is solved br settin those files to 755.

Due to your website intergration this might be something different, what it the content of your .htaccess file?

mrtrc266

Quote from: wladymeer on June 26, 2009, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: wladymeer on June 26, 2009, 11:55:36 AM
Is there any way you can disable "chat" link on the top menu for guests? In other words, is there any way to make that link visible to members only? Or, is there any way to require username & password match to SMF username base for logging into chat or something like that?

Main idea is to prevent guests from logging in so anything will do ;)

Also, I have joomla for my main page - are you familiar with showing that "X user is in chat.:" link there?

I apologize if those questions were asked already but I've searched topic and couldn't find it.

And I also apologize for bumping this up but it seems to me you missed it - but I really admire your feedback :)

By default your users should automatically be able to log into the chat with thier SMF username/password.

If guests are getting in be sure to set the permissions in your SMF Admin to disallow guests to access chat/shoutbox.

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 26, 2009, 10:04:16 PM

Due to your website intergration this might be something different, what it the content of your .htaccess file?

Both files are set to 755, chat and shout folders are set to 777
Condtents of .htaccess is
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>
deny from 94.102.59.130
deny from 64.59.134.9
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

wladymeer

I'm providing you with pictures.

As you can see, I set none permission for guests but they can see "chat" link in main menu. And you can see I logged in as a guest (that number username) further.

What I do want is to ask is there any way I can remove chat link from main menu for guests?

mrtrc266

@ Bionic Rooster, Sorry but Im not too familiar messing with site intergrations or .htaccess but this might help. This is related to another user who getting a 404 error (which your error page says you're getting as well)

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2811928&forum_id=774132

Maybe try adding to your .htaccess what this user did.

TheListener

Thanks mrt it now says 'Welcome to Paranormal Haunt chat'

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 26, 2009, 10:26:40 PM
@ Bionic Rooster, Sorry but Im not too familiar messing with site intergrations or .htaccess but this might help. This is related to another user who getting a 404 error (which your error page says you're getting as well)

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2811928&forum_id=774132

Maybe try adding to your .htaccess what this user did.

I tried adding DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm and it still does not work.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

TheListener

Have 2 problems now chat is showing in the shoutbox but nothing in chat.

I tried to follow sunkings post notification thread but not sure if its working(  ???)

Road Rash Jr.

Well thank you for all your help maybe someone else will have an idea.  :'(

mrtrc266

Quote from: Bionic Rooster on June 26, 2009, 10:51:24 PM

Diggin around SourceForge and other places to try to find a solution, possibly SunKing or Hunter might have an idea or 2.

Thank you for your patience

mrtrc266

Quote from: TheListener on June 26, 2009, 10:50:05 PM
Have 2 problems now chat is showing in the shoutbox but nothing in chat.
I tried to follow sunkings post notification thread but not sure if its working(  ??? )

Can't get to your site....not loading

Road Rash Jr.

HI Richard, I just tried your chat and it wouldn't post what I typed. :P
Not a good night for chat programs eh?

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 26, 2009, 11:04:09 PM
Quote from: Bionic Rooster on June 26, 2009, 10:51:24 PM

Diggin around SourceForge and other places to try to find a solution, possibly SunKing or Hunter might have an idea or 2.

Thank you for your patience

Patience hell, I want my hair back LOL  :P

TheListener

Have manually changed the post notification ( tooks ages and cant test it)

also changed the chat to welcome

Thats enough for the week methinks

mrtrc266

@ wladymeer Sunking Just posted how to remove the button from guests a few pages back for another member...trying to find it

mrtrc266

Patience hell, I want my hair back LOL  :P

Just start shaving your head, then it will be by choice  LMAO!!!  :P  Just ask Sunking how long it took him to get this going on his site. Then ask him if it was worth the wait ;)

TheListener

should the permission for chat index php be 755?

mrtrc266

Quote from: TheListener on June 26, 2009, 11:20:26 PM
should the permission for chat index php be 755?

Yes for /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php

Advertisement: