AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thGOD

ah, yea im not sure i know how to manually edit it. i work with php but nothing like this so im worried about screwing something up

LC

Quote from: ScottDB on August 02, 2009, 05:34:44 PM
Thanks for the thread. I read it and I see what they are talking about but I am a compleate newbie to php. Was wondering if it might also be an image problem that I could just copy and edit an image and make a new image for that tab? I know I am not capable of editing the file as mentioned in that thread.
You're not capable of editing the index.template.php? Are you not the admin of your site? If it's a server problem have the file chmod to 755.

I made some changes to the chat code to help make the tab line in with the rest of the menu, in your index.template.php. See if you can get access and replace with this file. (make sure to make a copy of the orgininal in case it isn't what you wanted.)

TheListener

Quote from: LadyChaos on August 02, 2009, 10:02:05 PM
Thanks for the thread. I read it and I see what they are talking about but I am a compleate newbie to php. Was wondering if it might also be an image problem that I could just copy and edit an image and make a new image for that tab? I know I am not capable of editing the file as mentioned in that thread.
You're not capable of editing the index.template.php? Are you not the admin of your site? If it's a server problem have the file chmod to 755.

Not everyone knows how to edit files. Indeed before I started my forum I had never heard of html.

As for php and the rest well........

LC

Quote from: TheListener on August 02, 2009, 10:06:54 PM
Quote from: LadyChaos on August 02, 2009, 10:02:05 PM

Not everyone knows how to edit files. Indeed before I started my forum I had never heard of html.

As for php and the rest well........
Right, I understand, that's why I put the code in there for them to see if they can do it that way. Html is easy enough for me, I've played around with websites for a while now, but php was a completely new thing for me as well. I am still learning.  ;)

ScottDB

Thanks for doing that for me. I realy do appreciate it. I can't wait untill one day I know enough to help others out myself. Like the other guy mentioned, I myself didn't know how to use my email 8 months ago. I now have a good grasp on html and wordpress but have only been working with php for less than a month. Starting to get the hang of it but a lot is still out of my comprehension. Would like to know if this can be explained better so that a compleat newbie like myself can do it. I have the same problem with a couple other themes and know that I will have thesame problem in the future when I load more mods. Maybe I could then pass on the help as well.

Thanks again for your time
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

LC

Quote from: ScottDB on August 02, 2009, 10:43:21 PM
Thanks for doing that for me. I realy do appreciate it. I can't wait untill one day I know enough to help others out myself. Like the other guy mentioned, I myself didn't know how to use my email 8 months ago. I now have a good grasp on html and wordpress but have only been working with php for less than a month. Starting to get the hang of it but a lot is still out of my comprehension. Would like to know if this can be explained better so that a compleat newbie like myself can do it. I have the same problem with a couple other themes and know that I will have thesame problem in the future when I load more mods. Maybe I could then pass on the help as well.

Thanks again for your time
Your welcome, I am assuming it is working then? (hopefully?) ;)

But yes,  it does take time and if I were you I would spend some time simply reading the php itself and learning about what each command does. You can go to http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/DEfaULT.asP
and practice and also using as many help forums/support forums as you can. Good luck and I imagine you will learn it all in no time.

Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to give ScottDB some encouragement. :)

ScottDB

Thanks again and yes it is working. I looked at the site you have linked and it seems to be the best site I've seen yet for learning php. I'm going to list it on my forum site for others to use as well. Maybe after I have gone through it a little I'll come back to this post and see if I can figure out how to edit this on my other themes from your previous explanation.
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

noaccess

Does anyone know how to extend the shoutbox history on the forum? It currently only seems to remember up to 10 shouts and you can't scroll beyond that. I want it changed to 30 or something.

noaccess

Quote from: noaccess on August 03, 2009, 10:16:51 AM
Does anyone know how to extend the shoutbox history on the forum? It currently only seems to remember up to 10 shouts and you can't scroll beyond that. I want it changed to 30 or something.
Nevermind, I found out how to. :)

In shoutBox/lib/config.php

change
$config['requestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

to the number you like.

TurtleKicker

Since there's no "search this topic" for me to see if it's been answered anywhere in the last 166 pages... :(

Is there a way to clear the chat history?

TheListener

Quote from: sremick on August 03, 2009, 01:04:21 PM
Since there's no "search this topic" for me to see if it's been answered anywhere in the last 166 pages... :(

Is there a way to clear the chat history?

There is a way of entering the chat where the room is empty on entry.

Unfortunately I can't remember how this is done but once the person who told me is available I will make a post in the topic.

ExWizzard

hi there , can you please tell me how to uninstall this mod on smf 2.0 rc1.2 , there is no button to uninstall , thanks

TheListener

Is there a reason you want to uninstall the mod?

ExWizzard

yes , noone is using the chat and shoutbox and i want to remove it

TheListener

The only way to remove it is by manually uninstalling the edits as far as I know.

Is there a reason as to why nobody uses them?

TheListener

ExWizzard

yibis.com

thanks for the tip , its been removed nice and easy , it was a good mod too

Capion

Quote from: Capion on August 02, 2009, 08:02:03 AM
It seems to me, that the posts are automatically deleted after some time...

where can I manage this?

"bump"  ( is that allowed..   :)  oh well. i did it this time.. )
*if it works, dont fix it*

wladymeer

Is someone willing to help me with proper uninstall as it seems I have some troubles here?

Advertisement: