News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esber

i need some serious help here. i installed the mod and all installed correctly but nothing happens after install......how do i get it to work?

The Saviour

This would be a great mod if the chat could be embedded into an SMF forum page...

...as it stands, you have to edit the chat templates with HTML or use an iframe...neither of which is suitable for the forum.

I've tested the chat and like it much better than FlashChat, after all.  However...the above is what is keeping me from using it on my forums.

metius84

hello,
sorry, i've this problem.. someone can help me?

Table 'Sql100239_2.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist
File: /web/htdocs/www.caorlotti.com/home/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 346

.HuNTeR.

did you installed the chat before installing the mod?

ryozo

installed ajaxchat and installed this mod, perfectly.  :D

BarfBag

When I installed the AjaxChat Integration mod, my board became unusable.  Thankfully, uninstalling it brought my board back to life.  The error I got while it was down was:

Table 'che0801302144290.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/r/b/r/rbrown1990/html/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 359

What's this I read above about having to install AjaxChat before installing the integration mod?

I'm running SMF 1.1.6.  I can post a list of installed mods, or any board files upon request.

TC Carl

One would sort of assume if you are installing an integration mod, the pieces you are trying to integrate should already be there.

BarfBag

Quote from: TC Carl on October 13, 2008, 10:11:06 AM
One would sort of assume if you are installing an integration mod, the pieces you are trying to integrate should already be there.

Yeah.  lol  Is there a tutorial that shows how to do this?  I'm reading the official documentation, and it's going right over my head.  X_X

stingerman

The source is not showing up in my packages - version 1.16 default.

Maybe cant use it?

the mod does though (doesnt work without it?)

The Cadet

Quote from: TC Carl on October 13, 2008, 10:11:06 AM
wut

QuoteTable 'mtgda0_smf.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist
File: /home/mtgda0/public_html/forums/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 387

Er... I take it I should've installed the AJAX chat beforehand... How do I do this?

The Saviour

This mod never specifies you have to install Ajax Chat first...

It doesn't even tell you to visit the site...it just provides you with a link:  AjaxChat

Go to that link for instructions on installing Ajax Chat.  Once you have it installed correctly, then you can use the mod as outlined by the original coder.

Problem with this mod is the lack of proper directions...and its misleading intro.

The only thing this mod does is to show the users in chat...once the chat has been installed.

The coder should update his directions...or SMF should review these submissions a little further before actually approving them for installation.

The Cadet

I got the chat set up. Installed the MOD. So forget my question.

TC Carl

I still think the mod is a helpful one, but I really need the "Who is in chat"
information to be in the user's header so it's always available from the forum.
Having it in the home screen footer means folks hardly never see it.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? Thanks!!

Carl

The Cadet

I have the problem that nothing I post on the chat comes up, I can't use commands, and logout/anything whatsoever doesn't work.

bfeo

Does anyone know how to get the Ruby socket working with the ajax chat?  I have SSH allowed by my host.

Hoodie

Anybody make any progress on how to add just the number of users on the index.template.php where you put the chat button in the menu.  i've tried a few things but get errors galore.

Daymon

I've got this mod up and running, but I cannot figure out a way to resize the browser window for the chat. I tried body onload,  and it does resize the window, but everything stops working when I use it. Does anyone know how to get this window resized?

TaTaM

How I use AJAX Chat as Shoutbox ?

I read readme.txt but I'm not understand  :-[

Shoutbox:
=========

AJAX Chat is also usable as shoutbox - this is a short guide on how to set it up:

1. Shoutbox stylesheet
----------------------

Add the following line to the stylesheet (CSS) of all pages displaying the shoutbox:

@import url("http://example.org/path/to/chat/css/shoutbox.css");

Replace http://example.org/path/to/chat/ with the URL to the chat.
Modify css/shoutbox.css to your liking.

2. Shoutbox function
--------------------

Add the following function to your PHP code:

<?php
function getShoutBoxContent() {
// URL to the chat directory:
if(!defined('AJAX_CHAT_URL')) {
define('AJAX_CHAT_URL''./chat/');
}

// Path to the chat directory:
if(!defined('AJAX_CHAT_PATH')) {
define('AJAX_CHAT_PATH'realpath(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']).'/chat').'/');
}

// Validate the path to the chat:
if(@is_file(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'lib/classes.php')) {

// Include Class libraries:
require_once(AJAX_CHAT_PATH.'lib/classes.php');

// Initialize the shoutbox:
$ajaxChat = new CustomAJAXChatShoutBox();

// Parse and return the shoutbox template content:
return $ajaxChat->getShoutBoxContent();
}

return null;
}
?>

Make sure AJAX_CHAT_URL and AJAX_CHAT_PATH point to the chat directory.

2. Shoutbox output
------------------

Display the shoutbox content using the shoutbox function:

<div style="width:200px;"><?php echo getShoutBoxContent(); ?></div>

I have to edit which files ?

Please tell me  :'(

The Cadet

NOTHING is working on my chat. Should we use the SMF or normal AJAX Chat download? The SMF version doesn't work, the normal one won't integrate. Is there any support for this mod?

nay27uk

is ther any way of hiding the chat tab from guests, in other words i only want the chat button to be avaliable to loged in members

Advertisement: