AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prymagen

I have a question

How do I edit the css so the button appears and the background is not white???

site: fuco marketing dot com

I want it to look my site. The theme colors and all. How do I do it?

gitchuone

I see there is a supposed update coming to this soon. Is it possibly integration for SMF 2.0 RC2? That would be swell as I do not see any other shoutbox/chat mod available for this version yet.

TheListener

This mod is already 2.0 RC2 friendly.

There is an updated version within a post

[unplugged]

Quote from: Brack1 on February 16, 2010, 12:35:23 PM

???

....within a post.................here
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

gitchuone

Quote from: SunKing on February 16, 2010, 12:50:14 PM
Quote from: Brack1 on February 16, 2010, 12:35:23 PM

???

....within a post.................here

;D

Thank you! Is working good so far!

[unplugged]

« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

gitchuone

I can't figure out how to get my custom loaded smileys to work in the shoutbox. Any ideas?

EDIT: Still don't have this working as I want it to, as I want it to work with the smileys I've loaded to the rest of the forum, but here is what I have found.

The smileys available to the shoutbox are located in /SMFinstallDirectory/shoutBox/img/emoticons
I still haven't found which file works with the shoutbox to specify the image name, but by uploading my custom smiley directly to this directory, and swapping out the name of my custom smiley to the name of an existing smiley, my custom one works.

Now, I either want one of the two things to work. In this preference order...

1) As I upload custom smileys to my SMF install, I can use the code I specify to show my smileys in the shoutbox

and/or

2) be able to "add" lines of code to let the shoutbox know I have more smileys and let me use them.

The second option is not great because I like to have more "Hidden" smileys in use than ones that are visible.

That's what I know for now.........

[unplugged]

If I remember correctly, you have to add each smiley code separately into one of the chat files. I wish I could be more specific, but it has been a while since I have used this mod.

gitchuone

Quote from: SunKing on February 16, 2010, 02:08:45 PM
If I remember correctly, you have to add each smiley code separately into one of the chat files. I wish I could be more specific, but it has been a while since I have used this mod.

Well... it seems that the smileys "emoticons" for both the chat and the shoutbox are predefined in the packaging of this mod. Which stinks imo. But I am trying to figure out how it works as is before I try to fix it to read the theme loaded smileys.

In any case, here's what I have found so far that has to be done completely manually.

Upload the images you want to use to the /path/to/chat(shoutBox)/img/emoticons/

Edit the javascript config file to tell the system you intend on using the new smiley
[/path/to/chat(shoutBox)/js/config.js]

// Defines the list of allowed emoticon codes:
        emoticonCodes: new Array(
                ':)',
                ':(',
                ';)',
                ':P',
                ':D',
                ':|',
                ':O',
                ':?',
                '8)',
                '8o',
                'B)',
                ':-)',
                ':-(',
                ':-*',
                'O:-D',
                '>:-D',
                ':o)',
                ':idea:',
                ':important:',
                ':help:',
                ':error:',
                ':warning:',
                ':favorite:',
                ':yoda:'
        ),

See I put ':yoda:' at the end of the list

Then, edit the line below that...

// Defines the list of emoticon files associated with the emoticon codes:
        emoticonFiles: new Array(
                'smile.png',
                'sad.png',
                'wink.png',
                'razz.png',
                'grin.png',
                'plain.png',
                'surprise.png',
                'confused.png',
                'glasses.png',
                'eek.png',
                'cool.png',
                'smile-big.png',
                'crying.png',
                'kiss.png',
                'angel.png',
                'devilish.png',
                'monkey.png',
                'idea.png',
                'important.png',
                'help.png',
                'error.png',
                'warning.png',
                'favorite.png',
                'yoda.gif'
        ),

That gives me my "custom" Yoda smiley in the shoutbox list of available smileys.

Here he is in all his glory.

This only partially solves this riddle for me as I have 100+ random smileys on my site that I want to make available through my shoutbox. On my live site, I have the majority of my smileys set as Hidden, so I'm not sure yet what I am going to do.

prymagen

Hi,

I still wanna know how to get it to look like my site....

[unplugged]

Quote from: prymagen on February 16, 2010, 11:49:14 PM
Hi,

I still wanna know how to get it to look like my site....

chat/css/shoutbox.css and/or shoutbox/css/shoutbox.css

gitchuone

I thought SunKing was going to come to my rescue, but maybe I've stumped everyone? No?

I don't want to list all my smileys in the shoutBox and/or chat smiley list, but I want to use all my site loaded smileys in both the chat and the shoutBox.   :P

;D

[unplugged]

:o

Rescue you? I threw you some floaties....

I have no idea how to implement what you want other than the manual approach you already know about. As far as having hidden smileys, I'm really not sure of a quick way. I would have to install the mod and dig through all of the code.

Having the ability to draw the smileys from SMF (which would also then allow hiding some) has been a request for a while now, and as far as I know code for doing so has yet to be made available. If I get some free time (don't hold your breath), I may reinstall the mod on my test site and see what I can come up with.

morokat

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM
Link to Mod
By Shahriar Gholami
This mod will install AjaxChat on your smf.

Tested on freshly installed smf 1.1.10/2.0 RC1.2

Demo
username:admin
password:admin

Features:
Adds a button to chat system in default theme.
Access/Moderate permission.
chat in a pop up page or a regular page.
Shows the number of chating users in:
    1. Online Users section.
    2. Beside of chat button.
    3. Below of total time logged in.
    number 2 and 3 can disabled.

adds a shoutbox.(you can disable it)
    View/Shout/Moderate permission.
    can set to only in index page or all pages.
    compatible with your theme.
    Bold Italic Underline bb codes and smiley.
    collapsible.
    can integrate shout box and chat room to work together and show same conversation.

thanks mrtrc266 for his great support on this mod.

sorry can u help me with this error in my web when i'm install

[unplugged]

gitchuone

Quote from: SunKing on February 17, 2010, 01:46:07 PM
:o

Rescue you? I threw you some floaties....

I have no idea how to implement what you want other than the manual approach you already know about. As far as having hidden smileys, I'm really not sure of a quick way. I would have to install the mod and dig through all of the code.

Having the ability to draw the smileys from SMF (which would also then allow hiding some) has been a request for a while now, and as far as I know code for doing so has yet to be made available. If I get some free time (don't hold your breath), I may reinstall the mod on my test site and see what I can come up with.

That's cool. I have like 2.5 months before I launch, so we'll figure something out.
:)

mrtrc266

Quote from: gitchuone on February 17, 2010, 01:04:17 AM
I thought SunKing was going to come to my rescue, but maybe I've stumped everyone? No?

I don't want to list all my smileys in the shoutBox and/or chat smiley list, but I want to use all my site loaded smileys in both the chat and the shoutBox.   :P

;D
Unfortunately AJAX Chat Smileys and SMF Smileys aren't integrated.

Here is a detailed explanation on how to get more functionality for the Smileys though, they are somewhat hidden, when you hit the smiley button they will pop up in a container, you were on the right track.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2053608#msg2053608

Whatever smileys you use for you forum just add those to the edits for the AJAX Chat Smileys.

You can see it in action here (the "ShoutBox" not the "TalkBox")
http://monsters-mansion.com/testsmf2/

If you like the "TalkBox" (recommended) you can find it here   http://www.empireofthesun.net

gitchuone

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 17, 2010, 07:04:38 PM

;D

Here is a detailed explanation on how to get more functionality for the Smileys though, they are somewhat hidden, when you hit the smiley button they will pop up in a container, you were on the right track.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2053608#msg2053608

You can see it in action here

Excellent. It's not entirely what I thought it would do, but I guess it'll work.

I haven't gone all the way through your post explaining how to do it yet, but I just wanted to say "thanks".

EDIT: I put the nunchucks smiley on your shoutbox. That means, the BBCode update will allow me to embed from anywhere else. Which, solves my issue 100%. Thanks.

mrtrc266

Quote from: gitchuone on February 17, 2010, 07:33:37 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 17, 2010, 07:04:38 PM

;D

You can see it in action here

Excellent. It's not entirely what I thought it would do, but I guess it'll work.

I haven't gone all the way through your post explaining how to do it yet, but I just wanted to say "thanks".

No problem, it should work out good if you just download and copy all those files overwriting what is there, but use the smileys that you want (from your SMF Forum) then make the changes accordingly to the /chat/js/config.js file.

It's a tedious task but it will work LOL  ;)

gitchuone

I've seen you've been doing some other testing there. You have a similar error popping up which is my next task to take on.... turning "Off" the sound when using the shoutbox. I figured an easy way to shut it down was to rename the .mp3 files that make the sounds. It eventually shut the sound down, but now it throws the error "ChatBot: Error: Failed to load sound file (Flash IO Error)."

Any ideas on that one?

Advertisement: