AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

Glad it's fixed. Enjoy!

[mumble]someone keeps stealing my lines....[/mumble]

;D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Read again, I was just saying it for you  ;D

[unplugged]

« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

kerbob

Thank you thank you thank you!!  I upgraded to RC3 and THEN found out the official version is no longer being updated.  I remembered this forum from when I was on RC2 and luckily.. you guys are on TOP OF IT!!!!11  ;D

parvaz

Thank you SunKing for your help. But it's still not working. I made the .htaccess file with the addition RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] and uploaded it. the permission is on 755.
it is still blank and nothing has changed.
I really have no idea why it doesnt function :-\

[unplugged]

The permissions need to be set as follows:

All Folders need to be set at 755.
All files need to be set at 644.*

*The index.php from both the chat folder and the shoutBox folder need to be set at 755.

Also, can you post or PM a link to your site so that I can take a look at it please?

jarska

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 09, 2010, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: jarska on March 09, 2010, 02:18:04 PM
I have installed an extended version of SunKing's Post Notification tweak for SMF 1.1.X and I have smf version 1.1.11.
I have done every needed changes to sources/post.php , modification.english.php and my own language modification.finnish.php

It´s not working.

Only task I didn´t understand is (and I think I should do) :
"The dateTime field of ajax_chat_messages needs the type changed to timestamp"
Where is ajax_chat_messages -file?

You need to goto you your database using phpMyAdmin and change the ajaxchat_messages table from DATETIME to TIMESTAMP

When you see the table, click on it, then hit the lil' pencil image to edit it, the you'll see the pull down menu to change it.

This is an excellent mod, thank's
But I still wandering, could that notifier appear somewhere else than between the lines in chat room, is it possible to do? :-[(I dont know where, pop up window or something like that)
Sorry my bad english, if you still understand what I mean?

[unplugged]

@parvaz

I'm on my way.  ;D

@jarska

It could be done that way but not very easily, at least not with my limited knowledge. The way that the notifier works is it simply makes a post, just as you would, every time the "requirements" of that notification are met. There might be a fairly simple way of turning the notifications into popups using javascript, but that would have to be left for someone else to do. As I type this, I think I can make them appear elsewhere (though not a popup). I am upgrading my site to RC3 currently (woohoo) but i'll look into this for you in the next day or two.

jarska

Okei SunKing, I tried to study english in the meantime. ;D

More-to-life

Just a heads up Ive just installed this mod after upgrading to RC3 & for some reason all when well except when I entered chat I could not post Ive had this problem before so when straight to the  .htaccess file & spotted for some reason it never installed this line.

RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] so copied it from my backup file & everythings OK

As I say just a heads up to save members time if they have the same problem (P.S I did install pretty URLs before this mod)

Thanks Guys
UK Bike Forum - The biggest motorcycle forum magazine in Wales UK.
Gear Up Magazine - Gear Up Motorcycle Magazine.
United Bikers UK Motorcycle Forum - A Brand New UK Bike Forum.
Used Cars South Wales - Search For Your Next Used Car In Laleston, Bridgend, South Wales.
Bikers Of Wales Motorcycle Website - Motorbike Info
Honda - Honda UK

[unplugged]

Thank you for the heads up! I don't believe the mod installs that line by default. I think it's a tweak added after the mod has been installed. Good to know it works on RC3 though.

tanyril

Can anyone help me make a change?

I need to make it so that when a user closes the window they are logged out of the chat room.

RoyalMess

http://venatusdefero.net/index.php?page=chat

The chat won't let you login/logout anymore and it doesn't display any text in it :(
Does anybody know why?

EDIT: Fixed it it was that Connection Error 0

By the way i forgot how to remove the _ between names, anyway to make them spaces again instead of _?

hvyhitter

Quote from: tanyril on March 10, 2010, 11:44:45 AM
Can anyone help me make a change?

I need to make it so that when a user closes the window they are logged out of the chat room.

and they are sent back to the forum home page automatically? I am looking for the EXACT same thing but I am going to go back about 20 pages in this thread starting from here. I imagine the answer is somewhere in there because that HAS to be a VERY common request I will post a link to the actual post if I find it. I cant really get searches in and SMF board to work right.. I love it.. but that is a big issue.. whatever.. not enough to switch to an inferior product.

hvyhitter

hahaha took me literally 3 seconds to find it.. I clicked the link under mrtrc266 signature the FAQ one.

it led me to.

"Redirect the Logout back to your forum when you log out of the Chat Room"

ROFL
FAQ FTW!

[unplugged]

LOL hvyhitter, you'd be surprised at how many people refuse to read the manual....

Glad it's sorted for you.

mrtrc266

Glad you found it so quick hvyhitter

Wish more people would read the....

~~~FAQ~~~

Posted on the Mods Download Page LOL

This thread would only be about 50 pages instead of 270 if more people would read it like you did.. thank you!

Diagram

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 11, 2010, 01:23:41 AM
This thread would only be about 50 pages instead of 270 if more people would read it like you did.. thank you!
Don't be like that, if the thread has 270 pages then people use this mod a lot  :P

By the way another question, since my hosting provider talks much about this high CPU load when someone abused the chatbox..

Is there some way I can move the chatbox files into another place, and link it to my forum?
Let's say my forum's in A, and my chat and shoutbox files are in B. What codes must I change, add, or subtract on the config files and else?

RoyalMess

On another forum i run i have the same issue with the spaces in users names and i forgot how to fix it...
So how do i remove the _ and replace them with Spaces again?

hvyhitter

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 11, 2010, 01:23:41 AM
Glad you found it so quick hvyhitter

Wish more people would read the....

~~~FAQ~~~

Posted on the Mods Download Page LOL

The FAQ is good.. I found one thing that I had to do to get the new posts to work the table was of course named something funky. 'ajax_chat_messages isnt what mine was called mine was called

mydbname_ajaxchat_messages

the template threw an error when I posted a new post. I looked at the error said.. lets look at the table..

well look at that.. it isnt CALLED ajax_chat_messages

it is called
mydbname_ajaxchat_messages
so yeah fixed that in the 2 places it was referenced and shazam it worked.

thing is.. I like the mod.. but I wonder if these two things are possible.

1. I have a secret area of the forum where my wife and I post :) (muhahah yes) and if I post a in a topic in there it posts THAT in the shoutbox..
also admin areas those ALSO are shown there as well. So if an admin on my forum posts "This user is being a complete pain my @#$%" well that is in the shoutbox.

So that being said.. is there a way to limit that. (I Have NOT searched yet (the whole 270 oages but I did look at the FAQ as you well know)

also is there way just to post NEW topics? not new posts in any topic.

I will accept the answer of "Those are in the faq" or "they are in the 270 pages" to which I will happliy go off in search of.

Ajaxchat is so powerful I love it. once I extended my shoutbox to show the last 150 messages things started working as I liked.

:D

Advertisement: